main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tshirt Run! - Ordering now Closed! Thanks for your orders and payment.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by FanForced, Sep 21, 2013.

1. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    If we were unable to come to meeting. How will we know if we want to order without seeing the print? Don't get me wrong I'm sure it's amazing but I would still like to see it before ordering

2. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

We will post version 2 of the t-shirt designs online once they're ready.

3. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Chiming in here... Catz, I had only intended for this to be a review for the meeting and not the final-ready-for-print. Just wanted to give an open forum for people to see and give feedback. I will go onto phase 2 once I get some official notes from JT. [face_monkey]

JT?:p

catz44 likes this.
  4. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    I love the t-shirt. Send it straight to print. I want 6.

5. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Thanks Man!... but I know we had a few minor changes. I will complete them in the coming week and we will go from there. Always a process with Me. [face_batting]

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Thanks for your hard work designing the shirts, gra-co_o_hun. And thanks for your generosity in allowing the designs to be shared with everybody. I wanted those at the meeting to have the exclusive, first-look at the designs, and now here are the first draft designs for the shirt.

Shirt front:
    [​IMG]

Thoughts/notes:
    • Overall, people like the concept. gra-co_o_hun and I talked about perhaps just having R2 and his projection of our logo as the design.
    • Other suggestions include removing the "Since 1977." The "is Forever" could also be removed since that doesn't quite flow as a phrase with the text "Star Wars" to make "Star Wars is Forever."
    • Another suggestion was to do Boba Fett in place of Vader to represent bounty hunters, light side and dark side. In the past our illustrious art monkey has been asked to keep both the light side and dark side on the shirts since as a group we don't lean one way or another like the 501st and RL do. However, I think rules are meant to be broken and we can do whatever we want to express our fandom and have a shirt with just one element, like R2 showing our logo for example, and it would rock everybody's socks off!
    • We'd like to have the web site www.rmff.net with our logo.
    For this shirt, we would probably only offer one or two colors for the shirt, more than likely medium to light color shirts, since the design doesn't quite lend itself to a black shirt.

Shirt back:
    [​IMG]

• If the RMFF logo would be on the other side of the shirt, we didn't think it would be needed in this design.
    • People like the simplicity of this design.
    • @gra-co_o_hun and I talked about changing the text from "X-Wing Fighter" to "Keepers of the X-Wing," or "X-Wing Stewards" or "X-Wing Caretakers" or "X-Wing Maintenance Crew" to indicate our responsibility of taking care of the X-Wing at WOTR.
    • Again, people asked for the web site URL to be on there, www.rmff.net.
    • Ditto, this shirt would only be offered in medium to light colored shirts since the design elements are dark. For example gray and navy shirts with the black text.
    Overall, thoughts on these two designs were that it may be a lot for one shirt and that perhaps we unwittingly have created designs for two shirts! Perhaps these designs can be refined and then used as the front of two different shirts, with the back either left blank or just have our RMFF logo, URL and the words "Star Wars is Forever." The shirts wouldn't both be offered now, but one now and then perhaps the other next year.
    Did I miss any thoughts from the meeting? If you have additional thoughts, please post them here and our crack art team...well, team of one!...will do his best to make some of the people happy some of the time. ;)
    Either way, we will end up with a great new shirt(s) and I can't wait to wear them. Thanks for being open to our community's thoughts, gra-co, and MTFBWY!

7. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I think they are both great! I also think they would be best as the back designs on their own shirts, with the RMFF logo on the front. Here are my thoughts.

Both Designs
    1) Incorporating our web address into the logo somehow
    2) Use the logo on the front.

Design #1
    1) For the most part I love the design concept.
    2) If we are going to have the logo on the front, do we need it on the back as well?
    3) I suggest putting the "is forever" underneath "Star Wars" if the logo is removed.
    4) I suggest removing the "since 1977."
    5) I like the multi-colored inks used.

Design # 2
    1) For the most part I love the design concept.
    2) If we are going to have the logo on the front, do we need it on the back as well?
    3) I suggest "X-Wing Maintenance Crew"
    4) I suggest a heathered grey or slate blue for the shirts.

My 2 cents for what it is worth=)

Katsu_MaRoy and catz44 like this.
  8. Fontana

Fontana Jedi Padawan

Mar 23, 2011
    I love it! Corey's designs always rock!

Put me down for one!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  9. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Oh man!!! You're killing me!! You know I gotta have the R2 version!!! Do you take paypal (I have Bill Me Later)?
    I would leave off the "is forever" and the "since 1977". I think it distracts from R2 (that way you could make him bigger!). Any way we could replace Yoda with a bounty hunter? Then it would be perfect (for me anyway), but I guess I could live with Yoda in the background if my little buddy is proudly displayed up front. Could we maybe have something so simple on the back, like "X-Wing Crew" in a nice big font and leave it at that?

After all the debates I stirred up on this topic, how can I not get the R2 one? And bigger question, which bank should I rob? Or an even better question, who wants to give me a really cool Christmas gift, wrapped in pretty paper and a big bow on top of course? And can I have a real meaningful love/hate relationship with Cory? (I love ya man, but I hate what you're doing to my checking account. LOL)

10. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    I will toy around with the design and consider some of the suggestions. I make no promises on additions or subtractions. [face_monkey]

11. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    YAY!!! I can't wait to see what you do Cory!

12. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, I know I have been completely absent, but I would be in for at least 3, maybe 4. :)

13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Here is design version 2.0. I think it looks great! Simple, straightfoward, and very, very cool.

[​IMG]

The back will have a design of the text "Star Wars is Forever." Our awesome design monkey, gra-co_o_hun, will finish the back design. Once the design is all done, he'll let us know what colors, and styles it will be available in. We'll place orders here on the boards for a determined length of time and you'll send your money to our treasurer via the Yahoo email address in the treasury thread.

Everybody at the meeting loved the design and was very enthusiastic about it! Thanks for your hard work and listening to our feedback, gra-co!

nnaydolem and catz44 like this.
  14. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I seriously loved the front and back above.... but this design has a classic simplicity that is outstanding! It is absolutely unique and creative. Excellent job!

SITH__CHICK and gra-co_o_hun like this.
  15. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Love it :)

gra-co_o_hun likes this.
  16. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    That's very cool.

gra-co_o_hun likes this.
  17. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Awesome! Thanks Cory!

gra-co_o_hun likes this.
  18. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    At the meeting, everybody clapped when we handed out the design! Three cheers for Cory!

catz44 and gra-co_o_hun like this.
  19. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    That is very kind of You all.

I am very glad that everyone likes it. It's harder for me to do simple as opposed to over the top sometimes. I feel like I'm not giving enough to the end product. heh

nnaydolem and DieWompRatDie like this.
  20. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I LOVE, LOVE the X-wing version of the 1st back and would love to have it as a t-shirt front and done! I like the simple R2 and our logo as well and will still purchase several shirts so let us know when we can do so.

Can't wait to see the new back :D

21. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    Cory, love this one too. Will you just design my whole wardrobe? :)

22. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    What she said.

Also, Cory, I understand what you mean. But sometimes less is more. Japanese artforms (particularly flower arranging and the old screen paintings) are good at reminding me of that. [:D]

nnaydolem and gra-co_o_hun like this.
  23. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i do LOVE the simpleness of the R2 and it's R2. :) you are a rockstar EITHER way Cory...thank you so much for donating your time and talents for all of us to enjoy!

gra-co_o_hun likes this.
  24. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I concur....love it as always. Count me in.

gra-co_o_hun likes this.
  25. Fontana

Fontana Jedi Padawan

Mar 23, 2011
    Love the shirt! Can't wait to order one.

gra-co_o_hun likes this.