main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tshirt Run! - Ordering now Closed! Thanks for your orders and payment.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by FanForced, Sep 21, 2013.

1. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    You know I squeeled like a squirrel on supernuts when I saw the R2 design!!! I'm broke but you know I'll get one anyway.

2. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    just a note... the back will be a variation on the submitted "Star Wars is Forever" design that has Vader and Yoda but I am taking in some of the critique and removing elements. It's still under construction so bear with me as I am fitting it in between freelance jobs that require my attention.

funny occurrence though... Starfest has contacted Me about doing the NEW art for the Con next year and guess what the theme is... ... ... Star Wars! [face_rofl]

QueenHighMistress and nnaydolem like this.
  3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Well, it will be May the Fourth...
    FYI, at the November meeting we talked about maybe having a table just Saturday at Starfest, due to conflicts with the Friday and Sunday May the Fourth event at WOTR. We'll see if they go for that.

4. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I had a chat with KathE, she would like to have Starfest and May the 4th work together...like have it as an official part of the convention. I think it would be AWESOME blossom.

5. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    What are they going to do, bring the whole convention to the museum? They didn't want to work out the scheduling problem to begin with, and now they want to steal our thunder? And still no compromises with FCBD? I really hate Starfest now.

I'll be at FCBD and the museum that weekend....

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I don't think that is the case...why do we have to be so negative? from my understanding. i think they are trying to WORK with us as they UNDERSTAND the frustration with May the 4th and Free Comic Book day. Let's remember we are all geeks together...let's get all the facts...

AND YEAH FOR YOU CORY!!!!! =D= I am excited for you!

catz44, gra-co_o_hun and SITH__CHICK like this.
  7. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Thank You Nnay!!! I am really glad that they want me to do it again! [:D]

You know what Thumper's Mom always said... "If You can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." [face_shame_on_you]

... and I would like to express that I find it fairly rude that after I post news that is of Positive Personal Interest to Me, it is followed with Negative comments about that very interest. I don't pretend to know about all the rage surrounding Starfest but can you please move it to another thread. Thank You. [face_peace]

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Wellllll they know talent!

OH WAIT, does that mean you will be coming out? [face_praying]

SITH__CHICK likes this.
  9. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    ... difficult to see... always in motion is The Force. :-B

nnaydolem likes this.
  10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm excited to see the back of the shirt!
    And possibly to hang out with the guy who embodied the Dude at a previous Starfest. Congrats on being asked to do their artwork!

nnaydolem and gra-co_o_hun like this.
  11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Back of shirt should be finished by the end of this year. Ordering will happen here on the boards when we're ready.

At the last meeting, the question was asked if we can get other clothing items with this artwork on them besides a t-shirt. Here is what gra-co_o_hun has said on the topic in this thread...

Dark Crafty, PtrsonsZOO and nnaydolem like this.
  12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Back is done! Here's the back, for those who missed the meeting:

[​IMG]

We'll post ordering instructions soon...

13. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Robert and I really, REALLY, REALLY, prefer the simple RMFF logo idea on the front and the weathered X-Wing on the back. We have decided to pass on this run of shirts, which is a first for me since I have been active.

14. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Cory, you've outdone yourself again! I love it. $ permitting, I'll get at least one.

I do hope that the X-Wing design becomes available, too. It's a great design as well, and I don't want it to go to waste!

15. Haikukid

Haikukid Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2013
    I am so happy that I am a now a member of RMFF because I am eligible to buy this Awesome T-shirt! I saw the design at the January meeting all I have to say is Star Wars is Forever! Great job gra-co_o_hun

16. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I was thinking of getting some of the fronts only printed as extras, what does everyone think about that? I love the X-Wing one as well.

17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I think we should definitely get extras of the standard shirts in a variety of sizes to have to sell until the next t-shirt run (hopefully less than 3.784571 years, SITH__CHICK).

I'll let you coordinate with gra-co_o_hun about ordering non-standard shirts, but I suspect that will be okay to get R2-front only shirts. He may even be open to doing some of your desired shirts with the SW is Forever design on the front, but I won't speak for him.

We still love the X-Wing design that gra-co created and will put that one in our back pocket for when we're ready for the brain damage involved in another t-shirt run after this one.

18. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Gee... I'm kinda getting the feeling that I should have kept and revised the X-Wing back instead. :oops:

I guess I do get carried away with the Collages huh? I think every one of them has been so. [face_blush]

Should I put a poll up and see which one wins for the back? I know that might draw it out a little while more though... and speaking of which....

I want to be perfectly clear that I have no objections to changes as I like to accommodate as much as possible, I don't want there ever to be any idea that this is frustrating for Me. This has always been and will be My Contribution to the group and it's a way for me to stay involved even though I am far away. I willingly give my time with my talent because I want to and I love Star Wars oh so much and this is an opportunity to be able to express that! [face_love] My only concern is that I am holding up the progress cuz there are times when paid work leans my way and I jump at it thus eating up my free time to maintain other endeavors. It's been 3+ years or better since I did a shirt design. Eeee-gads, I can't believe that it took me this long and even then, I was in the middle of much but the urge was long over due.

The bottom line here folks is, this is a way to further the events and charity this group so loving gives to the community and if it's gonna be an exchange, I want you all to feel like you are getting something worthwhile for your donation.[face_batting]

That is all. [face_monkey]

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  19. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    In my honest opinion, Cory, for the X-Wing design, I would love to see it completely X-Wing centric with our logo and website on it. Like a real crew/team shirt. [face_batting]

I love the collage back, and I love the Artoo front. I think @SITH__CHICK's idea of some "front-only" extras is great, and I don't see a reason a person couldn't get in on that, too, if they're not as keen on the back as some of us are.

I want to thank you, Cory, and DieWompRatDie for all the long-distance coordination you've done on this project. It's so much harder to make this happen with distance in the middle, even though technology narrows the gap a bit. [:D]

20. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    I'm in the "X-wing on back" camp since I'm not a huge fan of collages (even though you did a great job, Cory). Whatever the group wants, though. I'll probably end up with an R2 front only shirt (you know I LOVE that design!). Thanks, Cory, for all you do with these shirts.

21. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    IT'S DECIDED!... by Me and I am taking point on this. The X-WING will be the back! it makes sense, it was the original idea for simplicity and the back was always less than the front (except the last one I did, it was about balance)
    We will slip this collage in the folder for later and I will make some slight adjustments to the X-WING back. I require a little ore patience, so hang in there Fellow Geeks! [face_monkey]

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    GOOD for you CORY.

23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

We bow to your design expertise!

24. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Um... I don't see the bowing icon JT. [face_waiting]