main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV {TSS} has a name for themself :)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cbielich, Aug 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    So I was playing last night on some random server like I try to do everynight and of course I was killing some dudes. Well come to find out it was some other clan server I was playing on and eventually they kicked everyone off except for me cause they wanted to duel me. All the players except for me were clan memebers of some other clan. I dont remember which one it was though. Anyways so I went 8 rounds before they could kill me. It felt good, but the best part of that night was when I first entered the game. As soon as I got there someone said "Oh Damn is a TSS" That makes it all worth it :)

C

2. galaxy419

galaxy419 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    yeah-e-yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Very good to hear that C!

Can we lock up our server again so we all can practice? Or at least vote on it? When i try to get on at night, sometimes its full (so i think everyones on) and when i get on, there is NO TSS on at all!!

We all need to get together and practice on a regular basis.

jediknightii.net is recruiting people for their own clan, and im sure some really good players will show up!!

Anyway, thats my 0.02 cents, let me know what you guys think on that.

peace~~

3. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    By the way, i'll be on around 10:00 tonight.
    Anyone else?????????

4. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    ....oh....dude.....that is so.....AWESOME!!!!

=D

5. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    wich one did you want to lock up? both of them? The thing is, if it's locked then you'll be practicing against BOTs most of the time. Are you sure you want to do that?

Anyone else want it locked?

6. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    Naw Leave it open i love killing fools :)

C

7. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    ok ok, i'll admit that killin fools is fun......really fun, especially when the clan gangs up on suckers!! but it sucks when i cant get on to our own server,(not that many running ++3.0) can only the server admin do the kicking?
    ok, lets leave it off.

hey C, was the new guy you were telling me to ''take it easy on'' trying out for {TSS}?
    or just some guy on the server, he was pretty easy to take :)

We should have a {TSS} tournament, just for the clan members i mean, to see the skill level of everyone!!
    A tournament of FFA & Duel, what do you guys think?? im not scared!!

peace~~

8. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    ...yes only the server admin can do the kicking, slaping, and slaying. Which is cbielich and I right now. I would be willing to give the server rcon passwords to one other person for purposes of map changing and player kicking when C and I aren't there...talk to me or C if anyone is interested

the tournaments were an idea I wanted to do during a LAN party, but neither party did we have all the clan members present for, so I'd like to wait untill we can ALL get together. I'd also be willing to do it some night when we can just all get online and play at the same time.

...also I think we're big enough to start deciding certian things, like who the clan leader should be and other officers, and who else is interseted in server maintenance. I'd also like to set up one of the servers some day to hold a tryout for non-local people. (good idea/bad idea???) But at least we should plan some more events or something. I want to get a lot of play out of this game before Galaxies come out. :)

9. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    ok so when is the next LAN party? and will it be {TSS} ONLY? my opinion is that it should, we can always have more for other people(this is internal)!

If we are a big enough clan to delegate the responsibility of different jobs, then what should the process be in choosing those people?

I assume the Admin's are set with Jonny & C, as well the should be, but are the positions we create going to be decided by vote, dueling or something of that nature?

not sure on the non local people in the clan, has its pro's/con's, we can discuss that at the LAN party.
    ok, have to get back to work now.

oh, by the way, before i went out on Saturday night i got on a Dueling server and went 4-0!!
    when i told them i had to leave, one guy said ''{TSS} huh???''
    :) :) :) It's Working!!

10. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Next party? I don't know...I'll be done with classes AFTER next week, so starting Augest 16th I'll be up for another party pretty much any day up untill the 26th, when classes start up again, anyone else available during that time?

Delegating positions I'm thinking should be decided by voting. I don't think the officers or leaders should be decided by skill level, allthough skill level should still be a factor, just not the ultimate factor, maybe skill level can be taken into account if all other attributes are the same when looking at more than one person.

Here's a Hierarchy that I've been thinking about, give me some feedback: add/subtract to it as you see fit...

Leader: Voted on by officers in the clan.
    The leader will organize events, supervise all aspects of clan, meet with other clan leaders for challenges/alliances, has admin access to the servers for kicking, banning, and slaping purposes but NOT required to maintain servers. The leader must consult the officers for major decisions that affect the whole clan and he must have more than 50% of support from the officers for making a decision. If it comes down to 50/50 then the issue can be voted on by the members

Officers: Appointed by leader.
    This group can be made up of server admins, web admins, or just more involved members. I'm thinking a MAX of 1 officer per 3 people in clan??? IE: if 12 people in clan total then 4 officers. Officers don't have admin access to servers unless they themselves are an admin. Mainly their responsibility is to be involved, be at all events unless impossible to attend. Vote on decisions brought up by the leader. Help with adding content to website. Speak for Leader when not present. Mainly this group is there to keep the leader in line and keep him from evolving to a dictator basically. They have power to overthrow leader if necessary. There must be a unanimous vote from officers to kick leader. Officers are also going to decide who becomes members.

Members: Members are decided by officers by attitude, and ability to get along with other members. Skill level is NOT a factor for getting into the clan....yet
    Members get the privledge of having {TSS} added to their name, and get to attend/compete in events :)

That's all I can come up with. I think there are enough people to fill these spots. Ok..Lets hear what you guys think...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.