main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Tsunami

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Lady_Lucas, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Let's keep the citizens and relief workers in our prayers. If anyone can donate to the various relief organizations, please do.

2. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    That is a good idea. When I saw it on tv, I was reminded of the fact that I had lived in and visited the areas hit. In fact, I wondered if some of the people I had known then were okay.

3. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    We already made a little donation. Don't hesitate to do the same! :)

4. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    It's really sad to see something like this happen. They are all in my prayers.

5. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    I don't know if anybody has heard this or not. I was watching Hannity and Colmes last night and they did a story about Indonesia kicking out the USS Abraham Lincoln out of their waters, and are trying to kick out the rest of the US military by March. As an American who donated money towards the relief effort I feel like I got slapped in the face when I heard that. I just hope my money doesnt get taken by their government.

6. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Anytime you donate to charity, Less than 10% actually goes to helping the victims. The best thing to do is to Volunteer or by donating actual items like canned food, sweaters, ect. It's very sad but also very true. The best example is the United Way. That is by far the most crooked charity I've ever seen. Most of their money goes to abortion clinics and the pockets of their chairmen.

7. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    I was going to donate some money myself to the charities, but when I heard the countries were whining about the lack of money and 'slow response time' from America I decided against it. Who are these people to complain about charity? Where were they when Americans needed help after 9/11? ~_~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.