main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO TTT - Getting Closer

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediRush, Dec 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    I can't see it any sooner then Friday, but I am going so it's all good :)

2. jedimaster5615

jedimaster5615 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2002
    I saw it. Went to the 4:15 show at Arnold. It was...undescribable. But I'll try. Basically, it was unbelievable. I finished seeing it about 4 hours ago and I'm still excited. I got some hw to do, but then I'm gonna read the Helm's Deep secion again.

3. Darth_Athena

Darth_Athena Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    Well, I was in theater 7, but I saw no sign of you.. I was with a Nazgul, and 3 elven ladies... And 1 male elf.. And I was there before 9:00.. Oh, well.

4. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    did anyone goto esquire? oh well, i'm going again on sunday most probably!

5. jedimaster5615

May 23, 2002
    I'm goin again on Sunday. This time to Ronnies.

6. Darth_Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Hey, if you go to ronnies on sunday, I'm scheduled to be working the guest services desk from open-6... So if you see a brunette named Laura working, well, it's me. :)

7. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    im going to see it tomorrow!! im going to the 4:15 show at jamestown!! its gonna be tight!! hey btw, i heard shelob isnt in ttt. is this true? anyone who saw it, please answer.

8. Darth_Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    It's true.. they're holding off to have that start ROTK.

9. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Darth Athena- Ronnie's Sunday, Umm? I might consider dropping by and saying hi and and see TTT, if I get my shopping done this weekend.

PS, gotta go, Survivor is on.

10. jedimaster5615

May 23, 2002
    I think it'll turn out best that they left shelob out. You'll see why when you see it....

11. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Wow...I can't believe TheTwoTowers is actually released....I'm really excited. It's gonna be great..but not AS great as Attack Of The Clones! :)

12. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    This movie was awesome! I can't believe a CGI character was the most compelling! :)

13. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    I just got back from seeing TheTwoTowers....it was far better than I expected!! Was it better than Attack Of The Clones?? I tiny bit. I thought the beginning of TTT was a little slow. But I think I like Attack Of The Clones and TTT equally.

My favorite part? **SPOILERS**

The Ents destroying Isengard. Wow. It just made me want to get up and cheer like hell.

Peter Jackson made the PERFECT ending. The way Gollum was planning on leading the hobbits to Shelob's Lair...What a cliffhanger. Perfect ending, I'm glad they left Shelob out of it.

TTT is waaaaay better than Fellowship Of The Ring!! You must see it!!!!

14. _Mike_

_Mike_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    CJ, Congrats on the Un-Bannament! I saw TTT with CJ and IT WAS TEH SH- er.... can I say that here? LEGOLAS IS THE COOLEST!!!!!!!!!!

15. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    TTT RULEZ!!!!!

16. _Mike_

_Mike_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    To get an idea of TTT (The Two Towers) just explode a nuke on top on an oil feild and boos the sound 500 times louder and multiply by 999999, thats TTT.

17. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    I must see it again....I...must...I...can't...control...myself.

Isn't it a pity, isn't it a shame
    How we break each other's hearts,
    and cause each other pain

18. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Going to see it a second time on Sunday. This time i'll bring paper towels to wipe the drool from my face each time Legolas appears on screen.

Is it just my bad memory of the books...or did they create Liv Tyler's role from a "fairy tale" told by Aragorn?

19. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    The bit about her being there at Aragorn's Death and then going off into the woods is part of the Apendix...However, her actually leaving Rivendell, saving Frodo, summoning the flood are all changes from the original.

20. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    you think I would know this stuff, since I'm reading the book now :p

oh well, just means I have to reread it a couple thousand times ;)

21. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! TTT is awesome. i had to get that off my chest. though i definately need to see it again because i didnt get to enjoy it the first time cuz i had bronchitis and a cough and conjestion and a fever and i was really sick. but i still saw it and some girl said i was cute, so it turned out all right.

22. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    The second time I saw it, I had to sit in the front row. It was the only place that two seats were together. After three hours of looking straight up, my neck was killing me. I couldn't believe it was that packed after it came out a more than a week ago.

23. Darth_Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Believe it or not, well, every showing but the first 2 of the day (11:00 and 11:30) has sold out every day of the past week at ronnies... It's been insane....

24. jedimaster5615

May 23, 2002
    My parents didn't like the first one, but they loved this one. My dad stole the books from me and is reading them. He then went out and bought the FOTR EE. He's starting to go crazy....

25. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    I'd say Legolas, Haldir, Aragorn and Grima Wormtongue are my favorite characters.

[image=http://www.craig-parker.net/content/gallery/lotr_full/haldir28.jpg?]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.