main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ TTT; Whatchya think? (obviously spoilers for those who are yet to see it)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Dec 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Best.Movie.Ever

2. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    WOW! saw it yesterday and loved it!

3. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Better than Fellowship, that's for sure.

I could go on, but we all get the general idea.

4. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    Hmmm don't know about better than fellowship, perhaps more action packed but FoTR was the start and was still a great movie.

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    From this review on theonering.net;

My good friend Matthew went to the NYC premiere and had a personal chat with screenwriter Philippa Boyens afterward. He had the chance to talk with her about the intense changes to Faramir. According to his report, Philippa "had some interesting things to say on the above -- basically saying that Faramir's character is completely static in the books, and thus wouldn't translate well filmically. She wanted to extend his character to give him more of a journey, and also seemed to imply that it would seem incongruous were Faramir immediately sea-green incorruptible; whereas all other Men in the film (even Aragorn) definitely have to wrestle with their conscience to a greater or lesser extent."

Now this makes some sense to me. Perhaps this harsher Faramir will have the opportunity to grow and change during the third film. Perhaps he will show some of the charity and wisdom that makes Éowyn fall in love with him. So again I am reminded that this is a very different medium. It is not a novel, so it cannot succeed where a novel would have. It is ill-advised to judge a movie adaptation such as this as one would judge a book. They are just horses of different colors.

Makes sense to me...

And Gollum rocks!

6. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    Gollum for best supporting actor!!
    Peter Jackson for best director!!!

7. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I can just see Gollum's Oscar Speech:

"We would likes to thanks our preciousss for being the driving force behind our performancesss....."

8. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    "Don't talk to themsses. They're tricksssy.

//gollum has on stage skitso fit//

//everyone cheers//

//gollum turns mental and attacks people in front rows//

:D

Yea, just like I've said from the first person I encountered who put a negitive look on Famarir's novie character. Gives him room to grow into the man Eowyn falls for.

9. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Went to see it this afternoon. Despite the rather crappy seat (can't complain cause I got the ticket only 10 minutes before showtime), it was.... not bad.

I got no love for LOTR, but imo TTT was a lot better than FOTR. :)Maybe in ten years I'll give the book a read 8-} right now I don't care how different it is to the book; it's more "exciting" than FOTR and less confusing, for me anyway and that's good enough.

Oh my god Legolas [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] when he jumped onto the horse *swoons* [face_love] [face_love] Eowyn is cool too, even better than Arwen cause she can wield a sword. :D

(also had the Matrix sequel's trailer which was an unexpected bonus! :D)

Seen 15 movies this year including TTT. Most are silly popcorn ones though; I'm such a sucker for those things. [face_blush]

Now I kinda like LOTR and Wendy's! [face_shocked] Look what SFL did to me!

8-}

10. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    heh heh heh.

My plan for complete LOTR domination is proceeding as I have planed.

:p

Arwen can too weild a sword, she just never got the chance in FOTR. Eowyn is just a Sheild Maiden for the Mark. That's poodoo compared to an elvin princess with her fathers sword (which is far cooler than the one Eowyn uses). Arwen's sword "Hadhafang", is the first sword I'm going to buy... for around US$205 (double for NZ dollars). Then either Glamdring (Gandalfs) or Sting (Bilbo's/Frodo's). But the minatures are way cool at US$35.

I'll go find some pics:

Click pics!!!
    Arwens sword: (from store.museumreplicas.com)
    [image=http://www.realmoffantasy.com/swords/images/UC1298instandS.jpg] [image=http://www.realmoffantasy.com/swords/images/UC1298ArwenS.jpg]

Glamdring:
    [image=http://store.museumreplicas.com/isroot/www11650/ProductImages/mrl1546.jpg]

Sting:
    [image=http://store.museumreplicas.com/isroot/www11650/ProductImages/mrl1545.jpg]

some minatures: (from thegd.com [the green dragon])
    Glamdring
    [image=http://www.thegd.com/images/Collectibles/UC/UC_Mini_Glamdring.jpg]
    Sting
    [image=http://www.thegd.com/images/Collectibles/UC/UC_Mini_Sting.jpg]
    Witch King Sword
    [image=http://www.thegd.com/images/Collectibles/UC/UC_Mini_Witchking.jpg]

Also, Gimli's Battle Axe, Legolas's White Daggers, Eomer's sword, Theoden's Sword etc comming soon.

I WANT the White Daggers and Strider's Hunting Knive.

I think Arwen's sword, the white daggers and the hunting knive - I'll be happy, og and the minatures.

:D

//needs more money//

edit = just did a new search for Arwens sword and found a new web site that had Glamdring etc for only $170 odd bucks US - do some searches and find the less expensive online stores! :D and the minatures are only $29.95 too - cheaper again, :D

11. Neimhaille

Neimhaille Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2002
    I gotta give my nod to Eowyn too. "Just" a shield maiden?

From a line of kings, and her race is about to come into their own but the time of the elves is bout to end;)

Just wait til RotK. We'll see who can kick some righteous donkey;)*

And for a cool sword... someone linked to it on the herr der rings site.... very nice.

*Sorry, small Discworld reference there...

12. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Sorry, I did realise Arwen hadc a sword thingy in FOTR too and I tried to edit my post but the boards wouldn't let me [face_plain] oh well, Eowyn still gets my vote because she's cooler, plus elvish women scare me. 8-}

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Elvish women, errr Liv Tyler is hot! (Don't think too much of Galadriel, but that's prolly cause she's hundred of years old :p)

Eowyn is quiet hot, but Liv is nicer than Mirandir Otto (SP?)

plus, Eowyn seems like one of the "clingy" chicks. Faramir can have her :p ;)

14. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    Does anyone know what other previews were screened with TTT? I had heard rumours that they would be showing the trailer for the X Men sequel which is due in May next year.

15. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    Matrix.. Whale Rider...Cant remember the others but X men didint...

16. Neimhaille

Neimhaille Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2002
    Eowyn, more clingy that Arwen? Hmmm.. I think not;)

Besides Eowyn will soon be rejected by Aragorn and she'll not mope and cry about it (a la Arwen and her flood of tears), no she will not go gentle into the good night, but rage against the dying of the light...

Erm, Thomas aside, she's not going to be a wimp and cry, she'll pick up a sword and go poke some holes in a big bad dude;)

17. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Me like. :D

Not very surprising coming from someone who prefer Leia over Padmé. ;)

18. rhysati_ynr

rhysati_ynr Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2000
    Hiya all thought id post in here bout the two towers and tell you what it was like when i went to the embassy after the main premiere.

LOTS of people had cameras lol and were flashing all round the theatre before it started then when the film did start everyone cheered. There were 3 main cheering parts after that they were

Gollums personalities well that was more laughing but still.

legolas swinging onto the horse *grin*

Legolas sliding down the stairs on shield at Helms deep. *swoon*

It was a great atmosphere and i loved it I havent read the books so i didnt know what sort of person Faramir really was but Im sure they will make him better in the next film i mean how can they not he gets a kick ass chick in eowyn :D. Ive seen t 3 times and everytime i cry for Haldir its just so sad.

Hugs and much Elf love

Rhys

19. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    I know what you mean, Rhys. As soon as I heard the music and saw Haldir's face the first thing I thought was, if they kill him off I'm not gonna be happy. Then he went down and it was like, well, damn.

On the lighter side, though, heres a site with a somewhat... different take on the trilogy. Be warned though, my idea of what is funny can be somewhat twisted. :D

20. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    ok I saw TTT for the 3rd time. Took mum to see it tonight.

A few things I picked up.

When Gandalf the White reveals himself to Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli in Fangorn forest, there's a flash back to Gandalf the Grey fighting the Balrog.

When Gandalf is fighting the Balrog - he holds his sword up and lightning hits his sword - and then he stabs the balrog with the lightning charged sword - which kills the balrog.

COOL.

Also:

I found Peter Jackson's Cameo role in TTT!

As the Uruk Hai attack Helms Deep, they get a heap with sheilds to walk up the ramp to the front gate. After Aragorn orders Elves to fire at them, you see a wave go up towards the gate. This is the Battering Ram comming up. Just after this shot you see a Rohirrim Soldier throw a spear. This is Peter. He is wearing a face mask of chain mail and ROARS as he throws the spear, and you can make out his black beard.

go Pete! From burping Bree man to spear throwing Rohan soldier.

Wonder what he'll be in ROTK! ?[face_plain] :D

Those were the two things I can remember.

Look out for them next time you watch TTT! :)

21. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Went and saw it the first day it was out to lazy/busy to post about it liked it beeter than the first and aotc want to see it again but to poor.

I want a last allaiance high elf long knife/sword thingy or legolases long knives

22. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    They are humming and harring about making replica White Daggers.

My choice of weapons:

1/ Elrond/Arwen's sword Hadhafang.

2/ Legolas's White Daggers

3/ Gandalf's sword Glamdring

4/ Bilbo/Frodo's sword Sting

5/ Isildur/Aragorn's sword Narsil or Shards of

but will likely only get Arwen's sword and/or Legolas's daggers.

They're possibly also making Haldir's sword (from TTT) and Theoden's etc

23. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

One swing of a lightsaber and they'd all be chopped in half. ;)

24. YouAgain

Dec 20, 2001
    I agree with Buzz on this one i'd take a Lightsaber anyday

25. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    oh, yea, but hmmmm wait, ahh... are light-sabers a reality?

thought as much.

'nuff said.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.