main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Tucker" - a great film!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Blur, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

I just saw "Tucker" for the first time on DVD. This is a great, under-rated film - I found it both enjoyable and educational. Before I saw the film I wasn't aware of the large impact that Preston Tucker had on the auto industry, but now I am. It's interesting that, at the time the movie took place (post WW II), Tucker cars were a big deal, but now Tucker and his cars are almost unheard of.
    Not only was the story great, but the cinematography, acting, and sets were also fantastic. I would recommend this film to anyone who has even a passing interest in the history of the automobile industry.

2. J-Solo

J-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 1999
    I like this film a lot. Jeff Bridges and Martin Landau are great and the film is very well made. I love the cinematography and art direction. I think Lucas owns a Tucker car too.

3. bombadjedi

bombadjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2004
    I really enjoyed that movie

4. I-am-a-sock

I-am-a-sock Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2004
  5. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I've been wanting to see Tucker. Lucas and Coppola make a good team and it seems to have a nostalgic charm similar to American Graffiti.

6. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I've always wanted to see Tucker I'll have to look and see if my local Blockbuster has it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.