main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Tucson's potential 501st names....

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mugen, Mar 24, 2006.

?

Tucson's potential 501st names....

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Junland Wastes Outpost

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Anchorhead Outpost

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mos Espa Outpost

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mos Eisley Outpost

60.0%
  5. Toche Station Outpost

40.0%
  6. Desert Outpost

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Ronstdat Outpost

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boga-the-Magnificent

Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    According the to 501st website there is NOT a Mos Eisley Outpost or Tosche Station Outpost.

2. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Sweet, we need to snatch it up quickly! Good Job Lady J...fellow Coke drinker. ;)

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    So it would appear that we know we like either Tosche Station.. or Mos Eisley.. for the possible outpost name.. granted.. it may be a while before any of this takes place.. and also.. keep in mind that not all of us will be members of the 501st.. so while we definitely want to see the 501st outpost happen for Tucson as soon as possible..I am thinking that perhaps the Tucson 501st name should be made by the future members of the Tucson outpost of the 501st,though by all means test the waters of the TFF and get an idea of what we all think of the different names you are tossing around.. but be sure to vote for your 501st official name once you actually have the outpost secured and approved.

On another quick note.. It should be said that as there seemed to be a small slightly animated discussion that brewed up about whether or not Tucson is the backdrop for Mos Eisley in the original Star Wars movie we should perhaps refrain from overdebating this issue on this particular thread. However...you can if you so desire create a thread on our Tucson board for the specific discussion/debate of why you believe the Mos Eisley scenes are or are not of Tucson, then also if you would like to further discuss this particular issue with a larger base of people.. there is in fact the Classic Trilogy Forum boards as well..here is the link for that forum if you want to check it out

either way.. just remember we are all good friends.. and while an animated debate is often fun and spirited your loving CR and President just wants to be sure we stay the good friends we all are.

4. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I like Mos Eisley, but it is so known and heard of it comes off as unoriginal to me.

5. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Huh? It's a debate, no hard feelings, just interaction of ideas. I've not seen anybody get "into it" in a way that would jeopardize any relationships. Did I miss something?

If it?s such an issue maybe we should go in a complexly direction? A completely different name Like Bestine, the "capital" of Tatooine, Karayt dragon, Jundland Wastes, Great Pit of Carkoon, Just tossing out another idea keeping with the Tantooine theme.

6. Boga-the-Magnificent

Jun 13, 2005
    What you look at as debate both Cat and I perceived coming very close to crossing the line. Perhaps it is the way words read on the page and the difference between reading words and seeing facial expressions while hearing the words.

In any event, the name of the Garrison would in all fairness be up to Dustin, Frankie and Damien because they will be the founding members.

Double D, sometimes keeping it simple is the way to go. If you try to be too creative you'll end up with the JundToscheMosTatCrackPit Garrison :p

Although Wench Garrison has a nice ring to it [face_mischief]

7. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I believe that I have found the peak as to which I believe that photograph was taken from. Although now that I have been examing it I believe it is an aerial photo which would make it difficult to duplicate but Francious and i plan on a hike to attempt it.

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    that sounds like a nice Hike. Wish I could join you for it! Planning a hike day might be a kewl thing to do.. just take a whole lot of photos so I don't miss out on too much.. and then next year I plan on joining you and asking you to please do the hike again.. just for me to go and enjoy it..

9. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    [face_talk_hand] WHATEVA' [face_talk_hand]

10. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I don't know why (I ahve no proof of this) but I thought it was taken from star pass

11. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Or maybe Gates Pass?

Damien, you are refering to the ORIGINAL STAR WARS, as opposed to the STAR WARS: EPISODE FOUR - A NEW HOPE (special edition). When you mentioned Starr Pass, an image flashed before my eyes. If I can find it, I have a VHS tape of the original STAR WARS and I will bring it to the meeting on Saturday. If nothing else, it also has the ORIGINAL (and the BETTER) version of the Han Solo/Greedo Cantina scene. Now if I can just rediscover where I put it...

Any comments I made about about a Tucson/Not Tucson photo were directed at the photo that was posted on this thread.

12. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    How about Padme's Tombstone outpost [face_devil]

13. Boga-the-Magnificent

Jun 13, 2005
    beepbeep - foul on the baiting of the CR :p [face_laugh]

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    and the fish as always is gonna take the bait :eek:

15. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    well, whatever we decide, I'd like to keep all 3 groups activities and status in conjunction with one another, so that we can back eachother up when needed for activities, events and charity functions. I dont want it to be like other FF, 501st, RL relationships where like minded people are seperated and hold grudges against one another for whatever reason. Like begets like...if 'we' portray a vision of maturity, dedication, loyalty, and honor..we will in turn become stronger with quality people that are like minded with the thoughts of the children and the needy in mind..and will help us to accomplish our goals to show this world how to love again.

Bly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.