main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tulsa Fan Force Representative Election thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by Shadoe42, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Okay since someone has to do this and if someone doesn't we will probably just talk about a lot more :) :):):) I figured I would take this bull by the horns and see what we can get done.

It is Tuesday night. At this time I am opening nominations for the post of Fan Force Representative for the Tulsa Chapter.

Nominations will close at 5pm on Friday the 28th and nominess will then have till Sunday the 30th at 5pm to accept the nomination or decline. After the nominations are closed and have been accepted/declines I will put up or have put up a poll to allow the voting which will then last until Weds July the 3rd 5pm to vote.

This allows us to get this done before the long holiday weekend. As we are still a small group this should allow enough time for everyone to vote and nominate whom they think is right for the post.

The TFN rep will be responsible for reporting our activities to the regional TFN rep as well as working with that Rep when need be.

At this time the nominations that have been made are.

Mike2
    Ed
    Billy
    Lisa

At this time nominations are open. Please post here to nominate someone if you wish. Nominees please wait until the close of nominations to accept /decline for the ease of tracking this.

Thank you

2. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    I was going to wait till the meeting but ok... My nomination is already up there.

3. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    If we do this now then it gets taken care of before the meeting. One less thing on the agenda so to speak. And no sense sitting around an waiting when we can get it done now :) :)

4. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    How do we vote? Do you want us to just reply with our vote? Times like this, we still need the yahoo board. I vote for Billy. I offer to help if he needs a sub for a while or goes out of town.

5. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Silly girl, you don't vote now, you just nominate now. And Billy's already been nominated. So much for a secret ballot.

6. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Silly girl? :mad: Whatever. How was I to know Brent? It's not like Ed was really clear. IS there going to be a poll created? Will we have to go back to yahoo?

7. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    Actually I was quite clear on what I would do or at leat have done.

To quote...Nominations will close at 5pm on Friday the 28th and nominess will then have till Sunday the 30th at 5pm to accept the nomination or decline. After the nominations are closed and have been accepted/declined I will put up or have put up a poll to allow the voting which will then last until Weds July the 3rd 5pm to vote.

The put up or have put up is simply because I am was unsure if I could put up the poll or would have to have it put up. However I was in fact clear on what would be done. When it would be done and the time frames that it would take. However since I can get to the poll creation I will clarify it now for all. I will put up a poll after nominations are closed.

8. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Well, in fact, I don't think your post was all that clear. What IS clear, is that this discussion has been going on for sometime and we have in fact already decided who should be nominated. Why not just have the vote and clear all of this up? [face_laugh] Good GAWD ED! Lighten up will ya? Relax. I don't think either one of us should be voted for. We are too opinionated and too quick to jump to conclusions.

9. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    What you're suggesting sounds an awful lot like a dictatorship, Lisa. Are there room for no new nominations? Besides, if the noms were closed already, I couldn't second the motion that your name be removed from the nomination list :)

10. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Bite me Brent! Let me do it for you. I would like to remove my name from the list. I don't want to have to deal with everyone jumping at me for the littlest of things. Thanks.

11. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Lisa, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. I know you've got thick skin but I guess even that wears down over time. I truly didn't mean to offend you in any way. I apologize. :(

12. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    *Bites Lisa's head off* mmm.... Cherry.

Being opinionated isnt bad. All the rep will do is write emails and talk with the RSA. No one would bite off heads or jump down throats... unless you miss spelled a name and it got posted, maybe then.

13. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    I had a nice long reply about half typed up. But it just ain't worth the hassle.

I simply was trying to gather what had been loosely discussed before and make it official. But since obviously that was the wrong choice. I hereby withdraw this process.

Someone else handle it. I'm done.

14. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Come on guys/gals. This will work just fine Ed. This thread is still open as Ed specified. If there are no other nominations by the end of the week, we'll open up a poll at the Yahoo group to have it finalized. No mess, no fuss.

Although any nominee that does not want to be voted on i'd say just speak up here and get it out so we don't think he have more in the running then we do.

15. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Alright, this is not what should be happening. I am very sorry Ed if I hurt your feelings or was sarcastic earlier about your post. Forgive me. I sometimes get carried away and say things that I shouldn't. I too had my feeling hurt today, and it's not pleasent. Really Ed, I am terribly sorry.

16. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    I'm out. I have niether the strength nor the patience to deal with this at the moment. Mike 2 can handle this admirably.

17. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    If I read this correctly, both Lisa and Ed have withdrawn from the nominations. If so, then to put more names in the pot, I nominate Brent.

18. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    This sounds a lot like official club business. One thing that I vote for is that we take care of official business at a meeting unless time is a factor we could do it here.

Anyone second the motion?...heh heh

Paul

19. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    Paul I second that. Let's hold this off till the meeting.

20. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    I apologize to all for apparently jumping the gun. As this didn't seem to be that large of an issue to begin with. It won't happen again.

21. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    I happened to agree with Ed on this. With his plan, this could be done in the 2 to 3 weeks before the next meeting.

22. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    You are right Billy it is a very good plan and will work well. If I understood it it couldn't have been that complex...lol. I just think that it's very easy to misunderstand someones emotion when you are online posting and not able to actually see the person. And that can lead to hurt feelings that aren't intended in the least. Important matters like this though should be discussed and decided in a meeting. After all that's why we have them. :)

Paul

23. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    The one thing i hate about message boards is that emotion doesnt go through well, unless your a smart ass like me then everyone knows no to listen to you. HAHAHAHA.

24. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Ed, you had a good ideal. We really need a Rep ASAP, to go between us and our area leader in Fanforce. I think that we got the wrong ideal when we put Jake in as the first rep, as the rep is not neccessarly our chapter leader but the reporter/fact finder of our group. Selecting our leader, or councel of leaders(which I like) definately will require a meeting but I thought Ed was correct in starting the process for a rep. That is MHO.

25. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    I guess this thread is dead. Ed was right.

Anyway, according to Ed's guidelines (which were excellent, btw), nominations are now closed.

As per this line "Nominees please wait until the close of nominations to accept /decline for the ease of tracking this", the nominees are, in random order:

Brent
    Ed
    Mike2
    Billy
    Lisa

If any of you wish to decline, "have at ye!"

And, no, I see no reason to delay this further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.