main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tulsa Fan Force Representative Election thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by Shadoe42, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Yup, that works. Everyone that doesnt want to be a rep back out now or for ever hold your Reeses Pieces.

2. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    For this position I decline the nomination.
    I will as I said leave it to someone else to complete this process.

3. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    I too wish to decline.

4. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Opps...

5. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    That didn't take long for me to accidently post under Dena's name...

Anyway, so that leaves,

Brent Billy and Mike2.

6. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    That's alright, we know you are "confused". :D

7. QueenOverVader

QueenOverVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    Alright everyone hold up. As acting Rep I will go ahead and finish this process. We will hold off till our next meeting. Hold off on the nominations and elections. There have been people upset over this issue and I don't think that it is getting the proper attention it deserves. We have other people that have been suggested. Here's how the process will continue.

At the meeting we will offer nominations via secret ballot. Right after nominations have been made and declined we will have a secret ballot election. I think this is the safest and cleanest way of doing this. Everyone just needs to hold their horses till then. Thanks

Mike Kelley

8. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    I'd have to disagree with you, Mike, but, unfortunately, my opinions matter none.

9. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    well I see everyone is posting under thier significant others IDs .. that is rather funny. Either that or Jamie is doing impressions now :)

and on an even lighter note...don't go bowl 5 games if it has been over a year since you last went..especially if one has severe carpel tunnel...not a good idea...

10. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    OK that was just plain stupid. I forgot to change IDs. Sorry

Hey Billy,
    It's not that I don't think that your opinion matters it's just this has become a touchy subject for some members and I have received many calls on this subject alone. Trust me I would have liked doing it the other way but it appears that this subject is to personal to do over the internet. Besides I even received a nomination for you today. I just haven't been able to post it till now. I really don't want to hurt or offend anyone. I just see this starting to go down a road that we shouldn't. It's not anyone's fault it's just the way the situation has ended up. I just felt the need to take the reigns for the moment and stop it before something blew up. Sorry if I offended you bud. I didn't mean to.

11. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    I just can't see what everyone's getting worked up over, I guess. The FanForce city rep has less authority than the newest kid
    in the mailroom at a giant corporation. In fact, the city rep's a lot like that kid, since they both just deliver messages. All the city rep. does is send messages to our RSA whenever necessary. This is set up so the RSA doesn't get flooded with messages from everyone in the FanForce whenever we have a meeting or a problem on the boards. The city rep. doesn't run anything, decide anything, tell anyone to do anything or anything else like that. It's really not a big deal at all. You guys can ask Nabooty_Call, our RSA. He's also the DFW city rep, and he's not even part of their "leadership council". It's not like we're deciding who's going to run the show. We're just trying to become an official chapter before the next meeting in 2-3 weeks.

If you got offended or your feelings hurt over these elections for a messenger-boy (and I use that term without any gender connotations), then I'm sorry. Just remember, there are a lot of worse things in the world.

And, Mike, I've been nominated since Ed started this thread.

12. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Wow, i'm amazed people got upset over something as silly as this. I figured people would find voting and nomitating here more fair since not everyone can can make the meetings to have thier voice heard.

Board= Everyone gets a say

Meeting= only those there get a say

But if that is how the people want it, i'm not about to stand in the way. oh well.

13. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    This Mike2 was much of the point from the beggining. But that quickly got lost. Or was never seen. I know I have talked about that in emails to variuous people. Anyway. We can now just wait till the next meeting.

14. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Well, I don't think it is a matter of fairness. I think that at the meeting, we will be able to discuss why we think someone should be the rep. I mean, I think Brent would be the best bet, because this rep thing won't take up too much time. He has a young family to think about, and would VERY much like to be involved. So, he has to worry about balance. We don't want another Jake! Whereas myself, Mike2-D2, Ed and Billy don't have the additional worries of raising a family. Not that I am saying we don't have lives or anything. Because we all will get busy. Therefore, I think that the 4 of us who were nominated (Billy, Mike2, me and Ed) would be more suited for the "council" stuff. Not that I am saying we are the only ones suited, nor am I volunteering anyone, BUT we don't have to worry about kiddos or spouses who don't understand. I think we (and others in our group) can be used for the leadership roles because they will take up more time, and we have more time to give.

Once we discuss this at the meeting, we might set up a poll (which we can on TF.N boards), we can vote for our city rep. We can set up a thread and let EVERYONE know what went on at the meeting and then tell them to vote. Kinda the best of both worlds.
    Those are my thoughts.

15. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Personally, I think it should be delt with quickly to get it over and not wait another month and let this drag out. I worry if its already such a sore point already, what will happen in the next month?

We have to also remember as a group, we will never all agree, but sometimes your just going to have to put that aside and get it done. Honestly this should have been over and done with days ago, but its turning into a commitee (" I AM NOT A COMMITEE!" i love that line)

I'm all for just starting a poll and getting it over with. *looks around for show of hands*

16. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    No, it's not a commitee, but it is a group. I don't see what the big deal is, and I don't see why we have to rush it. Mike1 is the acting rep and he has laid down the terms. I think we should respect that. But a poll later on is an excellent idea Mike2-D2. BTW, Mike2-D2, do you have that new logo for me. teehehe! [face_mischief]

17. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    You know what. Screw it. I'd withdraw my name from nominations, but I can't do that until the meeting. Someone remind to do that in 3 weeks.

18. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Holy sh!t! Can we settle down? Are we talking about LEADING this group? Or are we just talking about "newest kid in the mailroom. The city rep. that doesn't run anything, decide anything, tell anyone to do anything or anything else like that." Jake is the one who passed on the job to BDK. There wasn't a problem with that earilier, why now? What is going on with this? Billy, you are coming across as being very upset about this. We all have talked about how peoples emotions don't come across well over the boards. Is there something going on? And are you truly upset about something? ?[face_plain]

19. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Billy, of course you can withdraw your name. You can do it now, just like I have. What is going on? Why did you delet that last post? You have every right to express your concern and feelings. You two are so important, we have discussed having the meeting on the 20th to make sure you can come. If something is wrong, please let us know.

20. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    That's right Lisa. We have a city rep, if only acting. Jake passed the torch, BDK took it. So the way I see it the postion is filled until what time we see fit to elect, choose, apoint, or by the process of elimination (as it seems to be going) acquire another one. Hell, we could do it by eeny meeny miney mo for all I care. :) Or how about bubble gum, bubble gum in a dish. :D

Point is, let's get back to being the fun group of people that we are. No worries mates.

Paul

21. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Well this little snowball has certainly turned into a roaring avalanche. There seems to be a lot of opinions on what the rep's actual job is. I thought I knew what is the rep's job was but maybe I'm wrong. With this in mind, I think that we really must drop this until the meeting. Mike1 said that he will cover the position until that time, so we really do have a rep in place. On the point made about not everyone being able to attend the next meeting, maybe those who can't attend can give a proxy vote, we do want everyone's voice heard. This wasn't a bad ideal, but we need to take a little more time for everyone.

22. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    ladies and gentleman,

Since I seemed to have started all this. Let me attempt to end it.

Everything that could go wrong in this thread has gone wrong. What we need it for everyone to just let this one go. We will attend to this at the next meeting. at this point there really is no other alternative as their are to many problems cropping up with it.

For the record this was not the intent of this thread. The intent was to take what I thought was a matter that while important was not of incredible importance and take care of it.

Then when it went wrong Mike 1 stepped up and attempted to end the conflict. Which in turn has only caused more conflict.

So in a third attempt to end this I am asking everyone to simply step back. And settle for handling it at the meeting.

I myself should never have stepped away from this subject.At the time I was sick(nasty eye infection) and stressed from work(the nice pay cut we were given). That however is not an excuse. So I offer apologies to those I have offended in the course of this thread.

Now again what I asking is that we simply let this one go. Please... no more arguing...no more debate. Lets just handle this one at the meeting.

I will say however that there will be no way we will be to handle every thing like this at the meetings. If only because not everyone is going to be able to make those meetings.

I am going to go out on a limb here and speak for both Mike1 and myself. It was never our intent to cause problems. And to be honest the amount of fallout over this simply boggles my mind.

As the owner of this thread I have the power to lock it. But I am not going to as that would most likely cause even more problems.

To those of you who are new around here let me assure we are not normally like this :) really..

At any rate come on guys. Lets just let this one alone till the meeting. At this point whatever we do will not sit well with everyone. And most likely my asking everyone to wait won't either but that is what I am doing.

to quote ..let go your anger....that sort of thing.

ed

23. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Amen to that.

24. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    Thanks Ed,
    For those who can't make it to the meeting I will make sure that you're input is heard. I will call you from the meeting and get your input as well. Even if you're long distance(Billy, Kenzi, Zach and others). You're opinion IS VERY IMPORTANT. I will purchase a calling card and contact you on this. If you can't make it please send me an email with your number and I will contact you. I'm waiting to find out something before determining if we are going to meet on the 13th or the 20th. I'll post that in the next day or so. Thanks everyone

Pain in the Ass

25. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    *Appears with his army of cross bred Gold Cows.* Give me freedom!!! or give me TACOS!!! mmmm.... Tacos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.