main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tulsa FanForce Christmas Party Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by GENERAL_FEL, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Well, the breakdown of the votes for the Christmas Party is as follows:

6th = 4
    13th = 3
    both = 8

Therefore, it looks like the 6th has won out. Set your calendars, folks!

You are cordially invited to attend the Tulsa FanForce Christmas Dinner Party.

• Who: ALL Tulsa FanForce Members, spouses, children, parents, or significant other
    • Where: Jake and Valerie Brown's House(PM for address and directions)
    • When: December 6th @ 5:30, Dinner will be served at 6:00 or 6:30
    • Why: Cause it's the holidays, silly! 8-}

As said earlier, Valerie and I will be cooking a big Ham or two. It would really help if everyone one else could bring a covered dish of thier choice(casserole, dessert, rolls, cranberry sauce, whatever...) or beverage (2-liters or cases of soda or whatever).

Next, I need for everyone to chime in here with a head count of how many people they are planning on bringing so everyone can make sure to bring enough food and/or drink. Keep in mind, if we have 40 people scheduled to attend, you are not necessarily need to bring enough food or soda for 40 people. A few people will probably end up bringing beverages, a few people will probably end up bringing a few desserts, a few people will probably end up bringing a casserole or two, and so on.

Also, please post what dish you are planning on bringing so we don't end up with 12 plates of brownies...not that there's anything wrong with 12 plates of brownies, mind you, but some people like a little variety at a holiday meal.

If would like to attend but are without transportation, let us all know. Trust me, somebody will fight over who gets to come pick you up and bring you to the party. 8-}

As is the standard with ALL FanForce events, no alcohol. There will be plenty of children around and there's just some things they shouldn't be exposed to. :D

After dinner we will do a gift exchange game. I will post the rules and guidelines on a different thread next week. Trust me, it will be a lot of fun.

If you have any ideas or questions for the party, please let me know. Valerie and I are both really excited to be hosting this event for the FanForce in our home.

2. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Finally, my opportunity to unleash 'The Great Poisoning' that I've been planning for over a year now. Muahahahaha! [face_devil]

3. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    We could come up with a menu so we don't have to worry about people bringing things and nobody eating them. Just a thought :)

4. banditajs

banditajs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    Shelbi that would be thinking ahead to much. [face_mischief]

5. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    "We could come up with a menu so we don't have to worry about people bringing things and nobody eating them. Just a thought."

Understood. That's the point of this thread. Let's say Otto posts that he's bringing "Road-Kill Surprise". Now we all know that no one else needs to bring "Road-Kill Surprise".

As this thread progresses, think of something that you would like to bring, then check to see if someone is already bringing it or not.

Some of the typical, though not required, staples of a holiday meal would be:

• salad
    • rolls
    • cranberry sauce
    • desserts (cookies, cakes, pies, or RICE KRISPY TREATS)
    • casseroles
    • vegetables
    • beverages (soda, punch, cider)
    • stuffing/dressing
    • jello salad
    • Chex Mix
    • Chips and Dips

And if you have something that you want to bring that isn't necessarily on the list above, that's OK. If its your specialty and you want to make it for the group, go for it!

6. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    I love salads, so I will bring a salad!!!
    And some Ranch and blue cheese dressing!

7. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Ok, I get the hint! My mom will make rice crispy treats! We might also get some loaves of bread or rolls from Peneras(sp?). I'll post if we decide to bring anything else too.

8. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Well looks like me and my family will not be able to attend, as I stated before we have a parade to be in on the 6th. So, have fun.

9. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... crispy treats :D

So, do you want Amanda or Russ to cook?
    Or - would you prefer we buy something?
    (It's a loaded question)

rs

10. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Don't worry Dena my "Road-Kill Surprise" will have NO ONIONS!! I could bring a Apple salad and a jello dish and Cheese Potato soup. Anyone chime in on what you would like me to bring.

11. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    My lovely wife and I will be attending. I'm sure we will be bringing something, casserole or mashed potatoes I believe. Will be looking forward to it.

While we are planning, I want to make everyone aware that my wife has a food allergy to nuts. She doesn't stop breathing or anything, but she can get hives pretty bad. If you do plan on using nuts in your dish that would be fine, just let us know when we get there. Thanks in advance.

12. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Amanda and I are going to bring some Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies, a Hershey Chocolate Cake and some pop for sure. We will get a veggie tray and dip also.

13. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    OK Folks! We're almost one week out. It's time to start finalizing our to-do lists for the party.

The following items have been obligated by various members:

Jake and Valerie - A Turkey Breast, a Ham, stuffing
    Dena and/or Mike - Salad
    Shelbi and Co. - Rice Crispy Treats
    Roger - Casserole or Mashed Potatoes
    Heath - Cookies, Pop, and Veggie Tray
    Otto - Apple Salad
    Brent - Legos (actually, Brent hasn't chimed in with a dish yet, but I imagine he will find some way to work legos into the picture somehow).

We still need someone to bring some rolls and soda, or anything else that anyone might want to bring. We will also have Iced Tea and Ozarka available as well.

Don't forget to bring your gift (no more than $10) for the gift exchange game. Everyone who wants to play needs to bring one.

14. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    I will get the rolls

15. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    You said Dena and/or Mike salad. Well, it will just be Dena and salad. Mike has to work.

16. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Oops that was me! I did it under Mike's name! But he works on Saturdays now until 11:00 pm. I know he wishes he could be there, and I wish he could too, but he can't so we can just talk about bad about him!!!

17. banditajs

Oct 31, 2002
    Russ and I will bring tortilla wraps with lots of garlic and a couple pumpkin pies.

18. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    We'll also bringing Baked Mac'n cheese and a couple litters of pop.

19. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Hey this is Jenn, Brent's wife... I will be bringing Sausage balls and a cranberry sauce that goes on top of the ham.

20. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    Thanks for chiming in, Jenn!

It looks like we are going to have some awesome food!

21. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    I have a real nice pizza/pasta casserole I could whip up...

-Gary

22. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    "I have a real nice pizza/pasta casserole I could whip up..."

[face_love] Mmmmm...my two favorite things, together in one dish! Sounds great, Gary!

23. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Who all is bringing kids? I'm planning on bringing my daughter (3 year old) and want to make sure she'll have others to play with as well.

24. banditajs

Oct 31, 2002
    Russ and I will be bringing Robby. He's 4 years old.

25. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    Clayton (9) and Corey (3) will both be at the party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.