Tulsa this weekend?

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City, OK' started by ForceDemon, Oct 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceDemon Jedi Knight

I'm heading out saturday morning. If anyone wishes to caravan, let me know.
  2. ForceDemon Jedi Knight

I managed to catch the 7:30 show last night. Very cool. The Anakin / Jar Jar cuts were very nice.

If y'all are going to catch any kind of evening show, I'd suggest getting there rather early, as 71st St. seems to get quite busy at night.
  3. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    I saw the 2:30 on Saturday.

But I missed the Jar Jar parts. :_|

What got me was that it was obviously (judged by reactions) the first viewing of the film by many in the audience. As cool as the experience was, the cuts made parts of the film make no sense. Everybody deserves to see the whole film. I would've taken an intermission any day.

Those weren't the only cuts. The aspect ratio was also clipped. For example, I was going to show my friend the YT-1300s, only to find out that you couldn't see them. But, I realize that a 2.35:1 screen wouldn't work as well.

Aside from that, the amount of detail was amazing! You could see the pores one everyone's faces! Every hair on their heads! I earned an even higher level of respect for ILM (if that's even possible!). I'd have thought that the IMAX would've made the CGI look worse, but instead it look even better! I saw details I never saw before. Amazing! :cool:

The opening crawl was so cool! The film was so steady, it looked 3-D! Before that, though, my friend said how cool the THX Deep Tone? would be. Then I told him that they wouldn't show it, 'cause the theater wasn't certified, but I'll admit it would've been awesome.

And, I got Bantha Tracks #0! Woohoo! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.