main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Turkish ROTS

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    While driving Whisperjedi home last night, we noticed that the Plaza theatre in Kensington is premiering the Turkish version of ROTS at midnight on June 24th. Anyone interested in going? Sounds like it could be fun! We don't necessarily have to go to the midnight show - we can go later on the weekend too.

2. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I did reading up on this. This is more a Turkish parody of Star Wars rather than something official. I think we MUST go see this.

See http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0182060/ for more details.

3. Jordain

Jordain Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    That looks like a great film. Who wants to go out as a club in costume to show our star wars support? I love any excuse to dress-up. ^_^

4. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    It looks bizarre - I'd love to see it. The 24th is pretty much right out for me though and probably most of that weekend... sigh.

5. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    Look's like, I'll be attending Turkish delight Star wars, or delight turkish star wars, or whatever it is.

Since I live, practically around the corner, some people are welcome to "say hi",(there's room for 4 people at a time, Yoda's Hut is the size of it). Or stand around outside eating pizza .

This or a gathering @ Julio's before the 12:00 am, June 24 showing.

I'm for Julio's Barrios, myself.

6. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    To those who attended The Plaza, Jun.25,@12;07am, were treated to this one-of-it's kind spectacle/abomination.
    On a $1.50 budget,the hilarity ensued up to an hr & 40 mins. Was utterly dumbfounded that Lucas never sued, since "Turkish" stole actual "Death Star attack" scenes and has Raiders'theme throughout.
    It was Bruce Lee meets Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers and needless to say...Star Wars. I've seen "Plan 9 from Outer Space and this absurd piece of celluoid is next to it.
    BeSt of all, it was entirely acted and played straight.

Very, very ...funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.