main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Turkish Star Wars-The Man Who Saves The World

Discussion in 'Archive: Turkey' started by Darth_Pyross, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pyross

Darth_Pyross Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    I pretty sure every Turkish fan has heard of this old cult movie: The Man Who Saves The World (Dunyayi Kurtaran Adam), but I just wanted to know the opinions of foreign fans about this movie.

It was made in the beginning of the 80's, and actually "ripped" several scenes from Star Wars. There were also other ripped scenes and music from other movies. The movie was so absurd that it became popular in the later years (both domestically and internationally).

You may find some references for the movie below:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%BCnyay%C4%B1_Kurtaran_Adam
    http://www.nemoramjet.com/tswintro.html

Have you seen it, and if so, what do you think about it?

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I've heard of it, not seen the full film but there are clips of it on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=turkish+star+wars

The rock beating scene is kinda :eek:
    Interesting to see how a film-maker from another country deals with a classic film, but a bit disturbing too.

Then again ... just watched a scene where he ties boulders to his legs, Indiana Jones theme playingin the background and he's jumping around a lot. Not sure what to think lol.

3. Darth-Dogg

Darth-Dogg Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2007
    Second movie was at the theaters in 2006 i think. First movie was funny, but I never watch second movie, or never want it. Some people says, the second movie was greater than first. By the way, the second movie's one of the graphic supervisior CBB is a Star Wars Fan :) Ironic, isn't it? :p

4. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    Second one was so lame. A waste of time and money.

5. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Wow, there was a sequel? :eek:

I've watched a bit of it online, but I need to sit down and finish it. The part I saw was... well, interesting, to say the least. :p

6. Darth_En_Ghedi

Darth_En_Ghedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    That film is so bad... the coreography... the music... the editing... the sound... the characters... the customes...

Was this a hit in turkey?

7. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    I don't think that it was a hit when it was first released but through the end of the 90's it became a cult classic.

There is not much to tell about science fiction in Turkish movie history but this one tried to be the first. I guess that is why it is funny - and yet a cult.

8. Darth_En_Ghedi

Darth_En_Ghedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    I can't remember any Portuguese Sci-Fi film, good or bad..

9. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    We were going to have an interview with the star of the movie (Cuneyt Arkin - George Arkin in foreign press) by the time the sequel was released but he had some problems with his agent and the interview was cancelled. If we did, we could tell you what went on with that movie :)

To make sci-fi movies, I guess the only opportunity we have is the fan film concept (unless it has an original story - and still which are amateur movies). Local professional directors must be aware that making a sci-fi would cost a lot.

10. Anatolian_Jedi

Anatolian_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2007
    We're all counting on Mr Tarkýn(TArkin :D)and Tibet to make a trilogy of the Sequal movie. great to see a Turkish force wielder, without the rank of force class.

And another possibility, addition of the master piece to expanded universe:

"Later the son of the man who save the world voyages to Coruscant for the Galactic Union. Negotiations requires alterations on the constitution and judicial branches. And of cource cocorech shall be supplanted from the face of the galaxy. Grand Master Yoda undertakes the training of young son of the man who save the world; After the jedi trials, he gains the rank of knight through the demanding quest to find something bla bla. But power of the cocorech, the avatar of an ancient dark lord, Darth Murat(mislead interpretation of Kara Murat)enervates the will of those having a presence throught the force. The smell of cocrech and spices are theparrt of ancient sith alchemy and needed to be hindered, before affecting another fellow...."

goes like this....

11. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    Please, no! :D

12. Turkfan

Turkfan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2006
    another ironic thing is the main theme is ripped from Raiders of The Lost Ark. Son whenever i watch indy or listen the main , i remind a man who saves the world.

Also script is stolen from Battlestar Galactica and manipulated in an absurd way which doesnt make any sense.Sometimes you don't understand what the hell is going on

Begining of the movie over voice narrator says The earth was destroyed spread to the pieces in atomic war and new civilizations founded in these small pieces. !?!?!??! help me obi-wan kenobi you are my only hope :)

The villain robots are the cheap copies of Cylons in the old Galactica series.

But after all i think The first A man who saves the world movie is more precious than the second one for me. Because the reason why this movie is it was shot in a serious drama and what makes it funny was film makers clumsiness. But in the second movie producers came in the idea that change the genre in absurdism. becasue of the funny popularity. So they fell in bigger mistake i thing. And they doomed in box office. So if i have to choose one of them i prefer the first one even if the second ones cgi s were not so bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.