main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Turkish Star Wars

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Jedi_Orion, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Orion

Jedi_Orion Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2004
    Has anyone watched this? I've been trying to get my hands on this for quite some time, but so far i've been unsuccesfull. Is there anybody willing to upload it to a server for download or send via regular mail? :)

2. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    No, never seen it... but I'd really like to if I could find a copy! :)

3. None

None Jedi Master star 2

Mar 14, 1999
    http://revengeismydestiny.com/ (they offer out of print and extremely weird and questionable movies, you've been warned)

"THE TURKISH STAR WARS (82) aka Dunyayi Kurtaran Adam (The Man Who Saves the World). Yes! Here it is! The deeply twisted, bloodthirsty, and absolutely hilarious Turkish rip off of Star Wars that?s so insane it?s actually BETTER than the movie it steals from! Imagine if Luke was an asskicking karate expert who fought his battles with a golden, zig-zag shaped sword made out of plywood. Imagine if all his opponents looked like fuzzy, life-size versions of Sesame Street?s Cookie Monster and Luke ripped their heads off with his bare hands! Imagine if Princess Leia looked like a foxy slut! Written by and starring our favorite Turk headcracker, Cuneyt Arkin (of Insan Avcisi fame) this is no-budget filmmaking on an epic scale complete with cheap robots and costumes, ridiculous fights and footage lifted straight from the real Star Wars! Guaranteed BEST print on the market. Buy it anywhere else and you're getting ripped off."

Their version lacks credits though. It's worth sitting through for the grand finale special FX. it left me on the floor crying... There were rumors of a sequel being made but that was awhile ago.

For the completist also look for the Japanese Star Wars "Uchu kara no messeji" (aka Message from Space)

Anyone know of any others? I love crappy questionable rip offs.

none

4. Jedi_Orion

Jedi_Orion Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2004
    Not exactly what I had in mind, but thanks anyway. ;)

5. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

If you would like to pay for the DVD itself, I would be more than glad to ship it for you through my company's outgogings. PM me, anyone, if you want it.

6. Baltic_herring

Baltic_herring Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2002
    Got my copy of Turkish SW from Ebay. Just a DVD-R, but it´s ok. Film itself is very hilarious stuff! Kind of mixture of Kung-Fu, Star Wars and Flash Gordon. I just love how those TIE-pilots do blow out entire squadrons of X-Wings.

David Hasselhoff has famous italian sw-ripoff called Starcrash, but far more better is another italian sw-ripoff masterpiece called "Humanoid." Starring Barbara Bach and Richard "Jaws" Kiel. Checkout from IMDB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.