main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Raise Hell, Praise Dale - NASCAR/North American Racing Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by MariahJade2, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    This will make Junior fans mad, but I honestly think Stewart won't get penalized for his language. This race was on cable, while the race that Junior swore after was on NBC.

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hmmm, could make a difference.

So, how about all those crashes? Jimmie Johnson escaping the flames of his car? Pretty exciting stuff there.

As a side note, I was just looking over the Advanced Reader list for my kiddo's school and one of the books she can read is Sports Heroes: Jeff Gordon [face_laugh]

3. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Lots of crashes in this race. And pretty boy singed his eyelashes. ;)

I didn't know Jeff had a book. :p

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I think this might be it. :p

Looks like Kasey is getting a book too! Christmas present for hubbie!

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
  6. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    The last thing I want to do is defend Tony Stewart, but losing points for swearing is so stupid. I learned worse words at the playground when I was a kid.

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I have to agree. It should have just been the fine. When you think about the whole Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction thing CBS was fined. Just because NASCAR has the ability to dock points doesn't mean they should dock points.

8. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Dale Earnhardt Jr. was knocked out of the points lead when he was docked 25 points for cursing after his 2004 win at Talladega.

I guess they had to after they did this. I agree though, It was hardly a word worth points. Fines are enough for that sort of thing.

9. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    I think that sometimes nascar tries too hard to shed the "redneck" image of its past.

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I would say that docking points for swearing would be appropriate if the driver was swearing AT someone [TV Commentator, Pit Crew, another driver].

Fine them, sure. But the points? Not unless it is directed at someone.

11. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Problem was that the fines weren't getting anyone's attention. A $25k fine just means that someone like Junior or Stewart would have to shake out the couch cushions in their RV.

And honestly, with the Chase in effect, the point penalties aren't going to matter as much either. Gordon's team has enough of a lead that they can get busted for cheating a few more times and it won't matter because nascar is going to take away his lead anyway.

Similarly, somebody like Tony who is comfortably in the top 12 can say whatever he wants and in the long run it won't matter.

12. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Exactly. He can quote George Carlin's 7 dirty words and he'd still be locked in.

Did you guys hear last week that if Hendrick doesn't get the 8 for Jr next year, he wants 81? That means the fans with the tattoos only need to add a 1 to their arms. At least he's thinking about his fans.

13. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    I heard that and wondered just how serious Junior was when he said it. [face_mischief]

Kinda reminds me of the commercial where Junior announces he's changing his car number and everyone runs around in a panic to re-shape the hedges, re-paint the garage door or get a new tattoo.

This is why Junior should have gone to DEI. Teresa may want to hold the #8 out of spite, but if Childress had offered to trade the #3 to DEI for the #8 to RCR, she'd have done it in a heartbeat.

Yeah, I know nascar is the one who really owns all the numbers. :p

14. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Would RCR ever give up that #3? I hear Kevin Harvick is still miffed at Tony for bumping him out of 2'nd place.

15. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    I don't think Childress would give up the #3 because it was his number before it was Dale's. I'm just saying that if Teresa wanted to be stubborn and refused to give up the #8 for Junior, Childress is the person with the ultimate trump card.

I read about Kevin still being ticked off. He said that Tony has called him a few times, but Kevin isn't answering the phone.

16. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Can't they just all play nice in the sandbox? :p

OK, there is a reason why I'd never tattoo a number on myself. :eek: Unless it is retired. What am I talking about? I'm never going to tattoo someone's number on my body! 8-}

17. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Hahahaha...

I always knew something was wrong with Robby Gordon. You have to be messed up somewhere to intentionally ignore a black flag for 4 laps then spin the leader and do burnouts like you won the race when you well know Nascar has disqualified your butt a long time ago. [face_laugh]

I love Canada.

18. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    It's not every day that you see a dual burn-out. :p

19. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Triple, from what I heard the Canadian driver who finished second was so happy he started doing burnouts too.

20. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Nice to see that Robby is still the same weasel he was 10 years ago. Pretty entertaining though, unlike today's "race". Pocono always sucks, yet they always get 2 races every summer.

21. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Pocono is worse cuz the races are scheduled so close together.

One race for Pocono and one for New Hampshire should be enough.

22. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Yeah, they need one five minutes from my house instead. ;)

23. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Yeah, the guy he took out was Australia's own Marcos Ambrose. It's the only time I've ever seen NASCAR get a story in the newspaper here. :p

24. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Gah, PokYourNose was sucky. Kasey did so well for the first half of the race and then poof, he finished 27th. I blame Paris Hilton. [face_plain]

And **** whichever Bush brother won. :p

So Bud is talking to Kasey about sponsorship.

25. JediKnightMarti

JediKnightMarti Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2007
    I'm a HUGE Tony Stewart fan! I also like Dale Jr., Carl Edwards, Matt Kenseth, Greg Biffle, Micheal Waltrip, Martin Truex Jr. and Paul Menard! I can't help it, I don't really like the Busch brothers or The Hendrick boys! I can't stand it that Jr. is going to be at Hendrick Motorsports next year! Oh well, I'll get over it!