main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Raise Hell, Praise Dale - NASCAR/North American Racing Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by MariahJade2, Nov 16, 2006.

1. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    A friend of mine says she may stop watching nascar. She really can't stand Busch and she is just sick and tired of hearing about him. Michael Waltrip in the top ten tells you all you need to know about that race. :p

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Ooooh I'm furious. I am SO SICK of this freezing the field on the last lap nonsense. You watch 4 hours of this just for it to end like that on the last lap?

That's like the Empire and Rebellion in a dogfight, but they end the battle prematurely because a TIE fighter exploded. Fight it out until the end.

3. Haylo_Tau

Haylo_Tau Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2006
    Now that smoke has left JGR, I can't wait to hear all the "wonderful" things he has to say about toyota. When JGR left chevy I and a feeling smoke would jump ship. I don't know maybe smoke didn't mind toyota but I think he wanted to drive a chevy.

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Have I said lately home much I hate Kyle Busch? I was actually rooting for Pretty Boy Johnson to win. Damned cautions. [face_frustrated]

5. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Didn't catch the race last night, and by the sounds of it, I didn't miss anything.

6. PetraKenobi

PetraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    after hearing of Stewart's leaving JGR, I was\am furious at him for leaving. Whether he hates Toyota or not, I don't care about the make of the car he drives; as long as it's the #20 Home Depot orange and black car at JGR. While I used to think I'd support him no matter what, I now question my fan loyalty to him. AFter the Homestead-Miami race in November, my complete loyalties will switch to Hamlin and Busch.

I've lost respect for Stewart. I don't appreciate him leaving his team a year before his contract is up. I don't think he's appreciative of how long Gibbs and his team has stuck with him.

all-in-all, he made a bad call on leaving JGR. I think not being with Zippadelli will hurt his performance greatly, and I hope it kills his racing career so he can see what a dumb thing it was to leave JGR.

strong words from a Stewart fan? Maybe. But I'm ticked, and he was the main reason I started watching NASCAR and the reason I became a fan of it.

7. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I would not be suprised at all if you see Stewart switching over to Haas before the season's out. If he doesn't make the chase I almost think it's guaranteed. He needs to get one of those cars in the top 35 for Newman and use his past champion's provisional(if necessary) for the car he drives next year.

And this would probably lead to Joey Logano going to the 20. I think they are moving him along too fast though. Not a good idea. Anyone remember Casey Atwood?

8. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Was away on vacation and was glad I missed another Kyle win. [face_plain] I have to admit I held my nose and rooted for JJ to win or bump him. Better yet they both take each other out and Kevin wins. ;) :D

I guess asking for Loyalty in todays age is like a pipe dream Petra.

9. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    He managed to win them a few championships in the time he's been with them though.

10. PetraKenobi

Feb 18, 2008
    thought I had replied to this but I guess my internet decided to be stupid. I think it'd be a really unwise choice to move Logano into the #20 so early. He needs to be in the NW series two or three more years.

I know that...but the thing I'm upset over is: he has one more official year to be with JGR. He's getting out of it a year early, which in my opinion, is showing how ungrateful he is.

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    You have no idea how much it sickened me to root for Johnson.

As for Stewart, I don't think Gibbs is losing anything right now. Tony hasn't been a real force on the track this year. I don't think Toyota agrees with him. Tony is an independent guy who needs to call his own shots.

Anyways, I'm limiting myself to watching races that start later in the day or at night. Otherwise I fall asleep. :p

12. PetraKenobi

Feb 18, 2008
    let me guess, you're a Jr. fan?

actually, I think it's been the past two-three years that Tony has really stopped having that spark on the track. My sister made the comment that he's more reserved, not as fiery, and certainly not as aggressive as he used to be. Makes me wonder: is he about to pull the plug on his active racing career and just own a team?

13. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Jr? Nope. I don't mind Jr. doing well and winning a few races. I think what Teresa did to him was unconscionable but I'm not a card carrying member of Jr. Nation.

I'm a Kasey fan and I like Carl Edwards . . . and Boris Said. [face_batting] It's a fro thing. ;)

14. PetraKenobi

Feb 18, 2008
    ah, I'm completely against JR. but that's because everybody thinks he's so great and he's really not. but Kasey and Carl are okay. I was really surprised Kasey won the Coke 600 several weeks ago.

15. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm not. [face_mischief]

16. PetraKenobi

Feb 18, 2008
    what to discuss.......

maybe the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard in Indianapolis? any predictions on who might win or do well? I, of course, will go with Kyle Busch to do well, not Stewart. *oh my! did those words escape MY mouth???* yes they did, surprisingly. Tony has done well I guess in the fact that he's had several top fives and tens but winning the Allstate 400??? I don't see it honestly.

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I just hope Busch's car has a bad day.

Last night we were at a local pub and a man walked in wearing an 18 hat and shirt. It spoiled my meal. :p

18. PetraKenobi

Feb 18, 2008
    I won't reply to that because I'm tempted to get mad. Kyle Busch isn't evil and just because he "wrecked" Earnhardt doesn't mean that every NASCAR fan in teh world should hate him. Yes, he has attitude problems. Yes, he needs to grow up some. But he's still young. That will take time. GET OVER HIS AND JGR'S SUCCESS!!!! last year it was ALL Hendricks.

Oops, did I Just reply to that???? [face_plain]

19. Evil_X_13

Evil_X_13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2008
    Harvick's not doing good this season.

20. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Harvick's not doing good this season.

:_| He hasn't been doing well the past two years.

Kyle: Evil comes in many forms. :p He's just even more annoying than Hendricks was last year, plus his attitude...blech. I'm not a JR nation either so it's not really anything to do with him. I like JR and like to see him do good but I'm no rabid fan.

21. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    As my hubbie says I hope Kyle Busch chokes on an M&M :p

22. PetraKenobi

Feb 18, 2008
    personally I think everybody's upset that Toyota, a foreign car, is doing well and Kyle Busch is heading that success. AT least he has talent; some people have good years, others have really bad years. Johnson, Stewart, and Gordon haven't had a great year so far. Bad luck goes around to all the drivers. Kyle has had a few races where he's had bad luck. it happens. I'm not griping about Kyle's success simply because he has attitude problems. montoya, Gordon, and Jr. ALL have attitude problems but nobody gripes about them. I get the sense from Jr. that he thinks that he ought to win more races because he's an Earnhardt. and he really doesn't have either the talent, luck, or car. Gordon's just a whiner who needs a pacifier and Montoya.....ugh, don't EVEN get me started on him. That's somebody who needs to go back to f1 or indy car racing. we'd be better off.

23. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I could care less about Toyota, I could care less about Kyle Busch. The reason I'm not excited anymore is because the races have sucked.

24. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Worst race of all time! =D= I can't wait for Pocono next week! [face_plain]

Thank God the NFL is starting.

25. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    I didn't really watch. I hear Jimmy won. I'm both happy and [face_plain] I don't like JJ, but I'm in a pool and he was my driver for this race so he got me points. :p