Arena Turn Right: The Nascar discussion thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by MariahJade2, Nov 16, 2006.

1. MasterMonkey13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    What a blow away at Atlanta! Kurt Busch stomped the field. Really though, Kurt needed that win. And it has to be encouraging for Jeff to finish second. What did y'all think about that crewman running out to the infield grass to get that tire. He threw a wrench into the running order and trapped a lot of good cars down 1 or 2 laps.
  2. MasterMonkey13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Anyone else looking forwards to Bristol?! [face_dancing]
  3. MasterMonkey13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    *bump*

Did anyone else watch that fantastic Talledega finish?! That was crazy and insane!
  4. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Was that the race with the ugly car-flipping crash into the wall that resulted in spectators going to the hospital?
  5. MasterMonkey13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    One in the same. I heard that the spectators were fine. NASCAR is a very protective sport. After each and every wreck all of the involved drivers head to the infield medical center. I think what mainly got those fans hurt was the hot oil from the car's engine that got through the fence. Sad that people got hurt, but it was an amazing finish.
  6. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    I liked the video of him walking across the finish line :p

I do understand why, though ;)
  7. MasterMonkey13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yep, I really like Carl Edwards. He's a great sport.
  8. MasterMonkey13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    NASCAR All-Star Race on right now!
  9. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I've got to wonder if they are going to be able to run the race this evening. Weather.com is calling for 85% chance of rain at 5pm. I'm about 45 minutes away and we've had a few sprinkles and some thunder. I have a friend who is there at the race so for his sake I hope they can run.
  10. MasterMonkey13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, the race last night was shortened due to rain. I hope they run it!
  11. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    This stinks.

Postponed: Coca-Cola 600

The Coca-Cola 600 has been postponed due to rain that soaked Lowe's Motor Speedway for most of the day Sunday. The race will be run Monday at noon ET on FOX.
  12. MasterMonkey13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    What a race! I'm glad that Reutimann won his first one though.
  13. MasterMonkey13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nice win by Mark Martin! Anyone else surprised that this 50 year old has won 3 races this year? [face_dancing]
  14. Crossix Jedi Padawan

I'm not a Joey Lagona fan. I was hoping Jeff would gain some ground on Tony too.
  15. MasterMonkey13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I take it you're not a Smoke fan! :eek: ;) Stewart is my favorite driver and Jeff is my dad's favorite. I think we're going to be battling it out here towards the end of the year! ......But with the Chase resetting the points, I worry that Jimmie Johnson will win AGAIN. [face_worried]
  16. MasterMonkey13 Jedi Knight

star 3
  17. Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost

star 6
    So a few things I have to weigh in on here:

Kyle Busch is a baby and the ending to the Pepsi 400 (I will not call it anything else :p ) was one of the greatest things I've ever seen. I was screaming at my TV hoping anything would happen so the little Shrub wouldn't win, and sure enough he takes himself out.

The new Double-File Restart Rule is fantastic, kudos to Nascar for it.

BUT my hated for the organization grows every time I read a story about Jeremy Mayfield. I really feel that they are screwing the poor guy over.
  18. Crossix Jedi Padawan

Just got to say way to go mark, racking up yet another hendrick win. Tony not careful marks gona steal this one.
  19. MasterMonkey13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, the old guy has skills!! Hmmm, a Tony and Mark showdown. Just like 2002.
  20. Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost

star 6
    I've been very happy with the last few races. Jimmie's chances for the 4-peat look really good.
  21. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Thank the Maker Kyle didn't win today. We don't need that swelled head idiot getting any more obnoxious.
  22. MasterMonkey13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Looks like Jimmie's going to win....again. Go Mark Martin!!!!!!
  23. Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost

star 6
    Fantasic race. Very happy for Jamie McMurray, closest thing I have to a hometown driver.
  24. Jack1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OK today was the DAYTONA 500, The Great American Race.

The Damn TRACK Broke not once, but TWICE! How did that happen?

Bud Shootout last weekend, no problem, Yesterday with Danica Patrick, no problem.

Today in front of the world... Oh Crap! There's a HOLE in the Track!

From what all the rednecks said during the breaks, the track has not been re-surfaced since 1978! 32 years! Most roads around where I live in Central Florida have been fixed and re-surfaced at least 2 times in that time frame!

I bet you that track will look brand new come the Pepsi 400 in July!

Nice finish though. Dale Jr. went from 10th to 2nd in ONE LAP at the end. The crowd was on fire when they came around. Good win for Jamie Mac. There were a few women around him in Victory Lane wearing race uniforms that were not his wife. Who were they? They were HOT! :)
  25. Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost

star 6
    All the drivers at the end of the race were saying they don't want the track repaved, though. Being rough and bumpy is almost like a signature part of Daytona.

One more lap, and Earnhardt might have had him. He got a great push from Reutiman right there at the end on the backstrech but Reutiman couldn't keep up.