main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Raise Hell, Praise Dale - NASCAR/North American Racing Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by MariahJade2, Nov 16, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Got to hand it to NASCAR, though - the F1 style qualifying and this new Chase system both have been tremendous.

And I loved Stewart sticking up for Hamlin and Kenseth, two usually mild mannered guys. He's traumatized, and will never be the same, but he's an elder of the sport, and a little **** like Keselowski would really think twice before crossing Stewart willingly.

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Stewart backing into Keselowski was hilarious.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    These brawls with the 2 are getting tired. I love racing of all sorts, but not a huge fan of the endless sideshows.

Keselowski is awful, though. Always has been, always will be.

4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    This is going to get even more ugly I fear. Have you seen the picture on Twitter where Harvick has his arms crossed while leaning on the back of BK's car just watching Jeff and BK talking?
    https://twitter.com/mfagenbaum24/status/529086455885615104

The race at Phoenix is going to be insane.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Have you seen the interview clips after the brawl of Gordon going off on BK?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Gordon cussing him out you mean? Yep.
    Did you hear Harvick's comments from the press conference afterwards?
    Specifically
    I didn't get in the middle of anything. I just turned him around and told him to go fight his own fight.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yep. The cussing was what I meant. I don't quite think I've heard Gordon go off like that before.

Didn't catch Harvick's comments, but ... yeah, that wasn't turning him around, that was a full outright shove.

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    God, I love Harvick.

9. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    When that Bowyer caution came out I knew this would not end well for Gordon but that was way more than I expected. Yeah he is usually more collected than that. Any penalties for that you think? Jr lost 25 some odd points at Dega in 2004 under the old system but I remember in recent years that some cursing has happened and no penalties as far as I remember happened. My mom, who caught the mess last night said that worse is said on regular tv.
    I think that if Harvick didn't intervene, everything would have been fine. No brawl anyway. Gordon might have continued to struggle forward to get closer to talk to BK but might not have caught up to him. Harvick did shove him closer to Gordon that he could reach and grab him. Just a mess.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Maybe not for the cussing, but I expect some action might happen for the brawls.

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Gordon and crew, BK and crew, Harvick, the 5 crew and Menard's crew. Going to be interesting to see how this all shakes out.
    18 points separating 1-8 right now. Maybe more depending on penalties. No one is safe. If Kyle, who was 25+ to the good could fall out after Dega, no one is safe here. Newman, Hamlin, Edwards and Kenseth could all make the final race. Maybe everyone who is out now, gets in etc. Gordon and or BK will get in the Final round. I'm confident on that score. Beyond that? No idea.

12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I've saw a video from Matthew Dillner's view from behind BK and it's almost completely bleeped out. Really crazy.
    Also saw a slo-mo view of the Gordon/BK stuff on track. Gordon came down but most of BK's left front fender was still behind JJ's car. He could not have made it 3-wide at all. Then BK came up, still connected to Gordon.

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Several from Gordon's crew and Kasey Kahne's crew have been fined and suspended. The drivers themselves won't be penalized (per ESPN).

BK gets away scott free.

16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    After the penalties from Charlotte is it really that surprising?

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm surprised they did anything.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm shocked. I bet Dr. Jerry is too.

This guy is the embodiment of unchecked rage.

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm going to wait until we get more news before making an opinion.

Also Chase won the NNS title at 18 years old tonight.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    KEVIN

HARVICK

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Rooting for Harvick to win it all.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Congrats Kevin Harvick!

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    JGR is shuffling crew chiefs next year - most notably, Darian Grubb is moving from 11 to the new paddock of Cousin Carl.