main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Raise Hell, Praise Dale - NASCAR/North American Racing Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by MariahJade2, Nov 16, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    2015 will supposedly be Jeff Gordon's final year of full-time racing - he announced today to his Hendrick team. Feels like he's been on the top circuit forever (1994, so 21 years), but the guy is only 42.

I don't put a whole lot of stock in this.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So not the news I wanted to wake up to.
    At least Jeff is keeping open the option of races in following years according to some sites I've seen.
    I hope this isn't true but it looks like it is.
    At least I will see Jeff race one last time at the Daytona 500 next month.

3. Lord Gaos

Lord Gaos Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2014
    "Stock"...I see what you did there...:D

On another NASCAR note, was surprised that this past silly season didn't seem too silly. Carl Edwards being the only real "big name" to switch rides. It will be cool to see the #6 back in action for Roush as well.

heels1785 likes this.
  4. Lord Gaos

Lord Gaos Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2014
    Also happy to see that Brian Vickers is recovering well and will be, supposedly, cleared to return to racing in March sometime

5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Nascar time!

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    That's right! Back-to-back for #4!

Daytona in 3 weeks, right?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The Sprint Unlimited is the 14th,
    The Duels are the 19th
    Truck Race the 20th
    Xfinity Race the 21st.
    and the 500 is on the 22nd.

Would be interesting to see Harvick pull it off again. No clear favorite with this format. Too crazy to predict.

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Duels go to 48 and 88, Hendrick sweep.

I don't know what Danica was so angry about in the post race, but she was fired up in confronting the 11.

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Kurt Busch suspended indefinitely for domestic violence (re - the ex he alleged was a hitwoman).

10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Denny Hamlin (driver of the 11) wrecked her twice, once in Wednesday's practice and again in the Duel.

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    It looked like her car got loose yesterday, at least - I never saw the practice wreck. Denny's not known for being overtly aggressive on superspeedways.

12. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Kyle Busch injured in today's Nationwide, er, Xfinity race. According to his Facebook page, he will not participate in the 500.

Allegedly, Denny was bump-drafting where he shouldn't have been bump-drafting and caused her to get loose because of that. Allegedly.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Kyle Busch broke his leg today, it looks like. Out for the 500 and probably more. No soft barrier where he hit, same true for Regan Smith. Relieved that both guys are okay.

Daytona is a great destination, but it is inexcusable that they continue to lag behind the other tracks with safety. Someone else is going to be killed if they don't put the barriers in, and after the 14-15 years they've had to overhaul the track after Earnhardt died, nobody's going to give them any slack.

$400 million just spent on more seats and a nicer jumbotron. Spend some of that on safety walls.

Juliet316 and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, a lot of the drivers and Nascar reporters are going off about that.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Crafton in Kyle it looks like.
    After Jeff's wreck at Las Vegas in 08 you would think that they would have covered every track with safer barriers.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    hoping for a good race tomorrow

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    They're going to throw stacks of tires in front of that wall for tomorrow, which should be fine. I've rewatched the wreck, he had to have hit that wall head-on above 80mph. He is extraordinarily fortunate, as is NASCAR. Pulling for Kyle to make a full recovery, would not be surprised if we don't see him until 2016, though.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    This finish is incredible!

dp4m likes this.
  19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

mavjade is converting the parakeet to a NASCAR fan. She's (the bird is) an "easy lay" because of all of the engine sounds. She's chirping happily...

heels1785 and jcgoble3 like this.
  20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Come on Harvick.

Need a miracle but have done it before.

21. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    The Big One ends it with half a lap to go. Congratulations Joey Logano!

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Happy to see Truex 8th - been through hell for two years and struggled all last year, great rebound.

I'll take the points for 4 going to Atlanta, where we run great.

23. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    That was an exciting finish... 3 wide the last 20 laps! And the fact that there wasn't a major wreck until the last lap is amazing.

I'm sad Jeff Gordon finished so low in his last Daytona 500, but it was a good run right until that last lap.

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Back from Daytona. If you want to go there you pretty much have to be there early.
    Got a Daytona 500 hat, Jeff Gordon Shirt and Kyle Larson hat.
    That place is big. Had seats all the the way at the top of the grandstands right in front of pit road exit. Thank god for the escalators.
    Pretty good race. Wish Jeff didn't wreck though.
    Really need to do the week long experience.

jcgoble3 and heels1785 like this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Another second place finish. This early in the season, this is perfect - consistently running near the front and finishing well.

Force Smuggler likes this.