main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Raise Hell, Praise Dale - NASCAR/North American Racing Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by MariahJade2, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I guess Jimmie Johnson isn't the King of Lowe's Motor Speedway anymore :p

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I am off to Dover tomorrow. :D

3. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    I was wondering why I hadn't seen a Nascar thread on the JC in awhile. Huh...

Although, I've been a bad fan this year, I've only been able to watch 2 races all season.

4. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I've missed a few but I've seen most of them. Who do you like? Mak I'm so jealous. Couldn't get anyone together for this race. I'll try for the next one.

5. Queen_Pixie

Jul 20, 1999
    Well, Mak hates this..but Kurt Busch.

I've been working most Sundays, as there was no one else to work them, and the radio there can't get in the station that airs the races. I've got a DVR, but I found myself fast-forwarding through the race, only stopping for crashes and the last ten laps.

I even missed Bristol. :_|

6. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Truex wins at Dover. I feel bad for Mak with the Rain out unless he stayed today.

7. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999

Mak isn't the only one. :p [face_mischief]

Hopefully Kurt getting parked by nascar will get his attention.

I'm happy to see Truex get the win, but too bad Junior had the tire trouble. :(

8. Queen_Pixie

Jul 20, 1999
    I know, I know...[face_laugh] But I know Mak hates him worse, just because he's in Rusty's old car.

And see, I didn't watch Dover either, this season has just so far been so un-interesting *coughHendrickdominancecough* that I just haven't cared much.

But..I can't wait for the races to start on ABC/ESPN. That's soon, isn't it?

9. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    I think this was Fox's last and the next one at Pocono is ABC

10. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    The next six races are on TNT (NBC).

After the Chicagoland race, ESPN/ABC takes over.

11. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Back from the Monster Mile. :D Sunday sucked of course. [face_laugh] The whole day it rained. But we made it back there on Monday and we saw an ok event. It's nice to see a non-Hendrick team win a COT race. Anyone think DEI is favoring Truex now that Jr is leaving? Wow, he dominated.

Sad to hear about Bill France Jr's passing. His contributions to the sport cannot be measured.

Hey Queen_Pixie, good to see you in here. Too bad some of the other members from the JCC thread don't come here anymore.

12. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Oh, and concerning my feelings about Kurt Busch...

The incident with Stewart on Monday? All Kurt Busch. I even knew it looking at the Nextel Vision screen which seemed small from where I was sitting. Ok, so he wrecks. No big deal. Like last week, just more work for the poor body shop guys at Penske.

Now, concerning his little deal on pit road with the 20 car after? Now he crossed the line. First of all, paybacks shouldn't happen on pit road anyway since innocent crew members are working nearby. But when you head over there to throw a hissy fit when a crewman is working on the car and he has to dart out of the way? Now you've just earned your one way ticket back to go-kart racing, and I don't even think you deserve that. You'd be better off going Pinewood Derby racing with the Cub Scouts, since you'll at least learn about respect and character development.

I'm glad nascar parked him for the rest of the race. It would be even better if he was parked for a month. That was the lowest, dirtiest move I've seen in years. And no, I am not just saying that because I'm a bitter Rusty Wallace fan. I'm saying that because I don't like pit crews getting run over when they're just doing their jobs.

From our seats in turn 3 after the race, I saw Rusty Wallace's helicopter land in the infield, and with my binoculars I saw Rusty get in with a few other guys, then a couple minutes later Kurt and his wife also got in. I hope Rusty chewed his ass out big time because what Busch did that day proved that he is still the little prick from 5 years ago and he has not grown up.

I've said it for years. Kurt and Kyle Busch are the new Bodines. You know what, I take it back. They are worse than the Bodines. That is saying something.

It really makes me sad that a car I've loved for so many years has now become a car I love to hate. Miller Lite just doesn't taste as good as it used to.

13. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    We need a Yuengling Car. It's better beer anyway. ;)

Busch could have injured or killed someone. You bet it's crossing the line. [face_plain]

14. Queen_Pixie

Jul 20, 1999
    See, that's what happens when you just look at the race results on the web, I had no idea that had happened. And yes(from what I'm reading here) that was a really disgusting and immature thing to do.

If he keeps it up then, I may be finding a new driver. but then, I haven't been as huge of a fan of his since after he won the championship anyway.

15. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Queen Pixie, there is a lap by lap summary thing on the nascar.com site on the front page. You can just click and keep refreshing if you want to see what's going on and you can't watch. I did that at work on monday. :p

16. Queen_Pixie

Jul 20, 1999
    I work as a cashier at a gas station , I just read the headlines on Yahoo, or even call my sister to see who won.

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I didn't see the race. Sounds like it was . . . action filled?

I don't like dirty players in any sport . . . except ice hockey. ;)

18. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Skurt Busch loses 100 points today.

19. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Good. Maybe he will wise up.

20. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    I really don't like Gordon. [face_plain] Oh and these announcers aren't much better. ;)

21. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Just how many races has Jeff Gordon won thanks to nascar's yellow flag? [face_plain]

22. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    That was probably the worst race I've ever seen in my life.

I did find it funny that the tool Bill Weber and Wally were arguing with Larry Mac over the 24's pit strategy, and it turned out that Mcreynolds was right. Did anyone else get the feeling that they really don't like him being with TNT, since Fox's coverage overall is better?

23. Queen_Pixie

Jul 20, 1999
    So, another race where I didn't miss anything by skipping out on it, huh?

Blah..

24. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I'm not the biggest Jimmie Johnson fan in the world, but you have to admit that nascar really screwed him not throwing a caution after his blown tire, just to make sure they got to halfway.

nascar is consistent with their inconsistency, you gotta give them that. Sometimes they'll throw a caution if a fan sneezes, sometimes they won't when a car is dropping debris everywhere.

25. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Yeah I wondered about that. I guy I work with was in the infield at Pocono and he told me this story about these two huge trailers in the infield near him. Both were a bunch of carpenters and they spread a big canopy between the two trucks and also built this big wood tower to see stuff and during the race security came over and made them take it down. It took like four hours to build and they had to dismantle it because the camera couldn't pan without it going across the screen. :p I bet they weren't happy at all with this trip.