main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Raise Hell, Praise Dale - NASCAR/North American Racing Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by MariahJade2, Nov 16, 2006.

1. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I missed a good bit of the race. Anything important?

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I fell asleep during last week's race :p And Kasey is sucking but I blame my husband. If he would wear his Kasey sleeper pants during the race Kasey would win.

I do think that the **** handed down to Gordon and Johnson was over the top. Take away the points, etc. but the fines? Give me a break.

Anyways, I'm going to be looking for some Kasey Kahn fabric to make my hubbie a beanie and the dog a shirt. :p

3. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Busch race today ended under caution on the last lap. Is it just me, or do these races ending under yellow on the last lap feel so anti-climactic? I know back in the old days races ended under caution all the time, but ever since they put the green-white-checker rule in, they build it up so much, and then something else happens and it's over. It really leaves a foul taste in my mouth.

Bet you any money it happens tonight, that is unless nascar finds that one brain cell they used on the last lap of the Daytona 500.

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    There's a race tonight! And they aren't having many commercial interuptions.

Big Daddy needs to get home and get his Kasey pants on. :p

And yes, ending a race under caution is kind of like coming in second. You were there but it still sucked.

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Wow what an amazing finish! :eek: That was incredible!

6. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I've tried so hard, so hard to like him. But tonight was the last straw. Tony Stewart has got to go. He flat out booted Denny Hamlin. Sure, he might have gotten loose first, but if Tony is so great as most idiots say he is, he would realize that he has the option to lay off the throttle or jump to the outside of him. Then to blame the incident on Denny? Jerk. It's never Tony's fault. He wants you to see his imaginary halo around his head.

I'm tired of defending this loser. He is a cancer to the sport. I don't care what anyone else thinks. I honestly don't care. He has brought nothing good to stock car racing. He should go back to IndyCar and butt heads with fellow hothead Danica Patrick.

Leave Tony Stewart. You are a loser. And someone get that stupid car off The Arena banner.

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I need to see that again to judge it. It did seem unusual. But I had a good laugh at Tony blowing off steam on camera.

If we take his car off the banner maybe we should replace it with Ricky Bobby's car. :p Or Dale's car.

Now there was something last night with Jr's accident. I was POed that his crew chief said to just do repairs at the pit instead of listening to Jr's gut that it had to go into the garage. If they'd gone to garage first they wouldn't have been so far behind.

And what a quink with the Jack Daniel's car -- 07 -- finishing 7th on 07-07-07 :eek:

8. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    That was an amazing finish.

I need to see that again to judge it. It did seem unusual. But I had a good laugh at Tony blowing off steam on camera.

Tony is still a bit of a hot head but who would we have for teh Drama if he wasn't around? ;)

If we take his car off the banner maybe we should replace it with Ricky Bobby's car. Or Dale's car.

Dale's old car or his new car? :p Yes, I was hoping for Dale in the Banner when it was made.

I hope the O7 went out and played those numbers somewhere. ;)

Btw I see Kyle is getting left out in the cold now. [face_mischief]

9. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Dang! I should have played those numbers! :p Then again as I always say . . . you can't win Powerball if you don't play Powerball ;)

Mariah, were you talking Jr. or Sr.?

SNAP! I just had a better idea! Put one of the SW M&Ms cars in the banner! [face_dancing] :D Then we can argue Lightside or Darkside. [face_laugh]

10. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    How about this one instead? :D

[image=http://www.atthetrackracing.com/images/2005/diecast/kb-starwars.jpg]

11. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    There have been a few SW cars the past few years haven't there?

Oh did you guys hear about this? I just saw this on the news.

SANFORD, Fla. - A small plane carrying the husband of a NASCAR executive crashed into a neighborhood while trying to make an emergency landing Tuesday, killing five people and starting two house fires that seriously burned three other people, authorities said.

NASCAR confirmed that Dr. Bruce Kennedy, a Daytona Beach plastic surgeon and husband of International Speedway Corporation President Lesa France Kennedy, and NASCAR Aviation pilot Michael Klemm were among the dead.

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Mariah, I saw that. :(

Wait . . . isn't that a Busch car?

13. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Yeah, Kyle drove it, but I don't care. It still looks great. I have the die-cast.

Any car that has Darth Vader on the hood is a cool car. I don't care if Todd Bodine is driving it.

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Truly is a dark side car if Kyle Busch drove it. :p ;)

15. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Truly is a dark side car if Kyle Busch drove it.

LOL! Okay just a few laps left. Lets get there Kevin!

Edit: Ah well Tony won. It's been a long time for him.

I'm still bummbed about Dale losing Bud but I sort of expected it to happen.

16. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK, Hanson? That was Hanson? I busted out laughing my butt off when they announced that Hanson was singing the National Anthem. [face_laugh]

OK, so it is definite that Dale is going to lose Bud as a sponsor? That sucks. For Bud. They have a good spokesperson in Dale and they are throwing that away. [face_plain]

I don't know what on earth is going on with Mr. Kahne. He has slumped and it is bumming me out. :(

17. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Is there any official reason? Only thing I can think of is that Bud used to be a Hendrick Motorsports sponsor and they had a falling out years ago. Like they had a meeting with Hendrick and a Bud exec yelled "we're never sponsoring you again!"

Yay, Tony The Phony Stewart won. Excuse me while I shout to the world how excited I am. [face_plain]

18. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    A Bud exec did that? Whoa! Way to burn your bridges. Reminds me of that commercial when the guy has quit his job and he's yelling "Chad has left the building" and then his car won't start.

Don't burn bridges cause you never know when you need to go back across them. ;)

19. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    No that's not what really happened. I'm just speculating. :p

I bet it has a lot to do with the 5 and 24 winning constantly 10 years ago, and the Bud 25 wasn't doing crap. I'm sure Hendrick was getting heat for that.

20. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Here's the most disturbing article I've read

I'm sorry, but when I think of nascar and music, I think Lynynrd Skynyrd or Molly Hatchet. Not Ludacris or Nelly. One of the reasons I started liking nascar was the southern culture aspect of it.

I can't stand that Chevy commercial that butchers Sweet Home Alabama.

21. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Hmmmmmmm, it's an attempt but I don't see it making much in-roads.

Did you see that Ginn racing is merging with DEI?

22. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Awfully nice of Tony to drop in a bit of profanity and give back some of the points he just won. [face_mischief]

23. MariahJade2

Mar 18, 2001
    Tony got docked? Damn I'm missing stuff.

24. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    I haven't heard any announcement about it yet, but he said the same word that cost Junior 25 points a few years ago.

Probably gonna lose a nice chunk of cash as well.

25. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    He did? That's what I get for letting the kid turn the channel.