main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Turnabout (AU)[A/P,Qui,Reeft,Tru,Bruck,OCs] Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jacen200015, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    In The Shadows Part 3: Turnabout
    In The Shadows Part 2: The Rising Tempest
    In The Shadows Part 1: Jedi Uprising

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to George Lucas and so do all his characters. Any characters created by Jude Watson and Dave Wolverton belong to them + any characters I created belong to me.
    I am making no money off of this and I hope you enjoy this exciting adventure.

Author note: I would like to thank my beta reader for the time and energy she has put in to check my fic over and offer advice.

Author note 2: If you would like to be pmed when there are updates and/or for future episode updates then please let me know so that I can add you to my list.

Author note 3: /bond/ means talking through a bond. Italics mean dreams, visions, and/or thoughts.

Dramatis personae

Jedi:

Yoda: Jedi Master. Jedi council member
    Dooku: Jedi Master
    Qui-Gon: Jedi Master
    Xanatos: Jedi Knight
    Reeft: Jedi Master. Orcin and Jedi council member (Dresselian male)
    Bant: Jedi healer. Orcin council member (Mon Calamari female)
    Tarnekk: Jedi Knight. Orcin council member (Dashade male)
    Ren: Jedi Knight. Orcin council member (Caamasi female)
    Keeyn: Jedi Knight. Orcin council member (Coynite male)
    Ruuka: Jedi Knight. Orcin council member (Nikto female)
    Vobis: Jedi Knight. Orcin council member (Twi'lek male)
    Siri: Jedi Knight. Orcin council member (Human female)
    Aalto: Jedi Knight (human male)
    Woren: Jedi Knight (human male)
    Winona: Jedi helper (Human female)
    Tru: Jedi padawan (Humanoid male)
    Raven: Jedi padawan (Human female)
    Kenshin: Jedi padawan Orcin council member (Human male)
    Kalen: Jedi initiate (Humanoid male)
    Yentuwa: Jedi initiate (Mon Calamari male)
    Salanda: Jedi initiate (Mon Calamari female)
    Kabbacca: Jedi initiate (Wookie male)
    Asha: Jedi youngling (Humanoid female)

Sith:

Mace Windu aka Darth Cralash:
    Jedi Master (Human male)
    Anakin: Sith apprentice
    Nev-Kwellen aka Ferus Olin: Sith apprentice (Human male)
    Drengin: Sith apprentice (Humanoid male)
    Bruck aka Darth Khunth: Sith Master
    Darth Mage: Sith Master (Humanoid male)

Other:

Padme: Former queen. Senator
    Maya: Padme?s handmaiden
    Kitster: Padme?s bodyguard
    Jonash Solo: Captain of a warship

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raven crept through dimmed corridors to a turbolift. Once inside, she pressed the button for the underground level of the temple and waited as the door slid shut and the turbolift began its descent. Her hair was as black as midnight and reached to the small of her back. A padawan braid trailed over her shoulder and onto her chest. Her face was narrow and pale, her dark blue eyes brightening her complexion.

When the turbolift door opened once again, she stepped out into a vast corridor. Candlelight flickered against the rock walls, creating shadows that danced about as a circulation of air swept gently through the corridor. Words of a long forgotten language were engraved into the walls, along with pictures. Once these halls had housed Jedi as the temple was being built, now they were all but forgotten, except for the few who remembered them.

Raven ignored the writings and the pictures and walked on, deeper into the heart of the mountain. Secrecy was of utmost importance. If the Jedi Council ever found out what was going on under the forgotten part of the temple, the results would have deadly consequences. After about a half a kilometer, Raven opened a secret doorway on the right by pressing the palm of her hand against one of the rocks, which displayed a picture of a sun.

She entered a cavern where a handfu

2. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Oh and one more note. If you have not read part 2 (The Rising Tempest), then i advise you to do so first since Turnabout follows right after part 2.

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Congrats on getting this started! :D

4. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Jedi Trace: Thanks :)

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay :) It's up and running!

Uh oh... this could prove interesting on their plans! Can't wait to see what happens :)

6. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Kynstar: Yay It's up and running! :)

Uh oh... this could prove interesting on their plans! Can't wait to see what happens You'll see Wednesday. :D

7. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    Great update. Can't wait to see what happens next.

8. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    qtrhrs78 Great update. Can't wait to see what happens next. Thanks :) More tomorrow.

9. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Kitster walked into the kitchen and came up behind Anakin to give him a friendly pat on the shoulder but decided against it. Anakin was no longer the boy who had been a slave on Tattooine. His friend was now a Sith in training and, Kitster reflected, he didn't want to find out about Anakin's powers the hard way. Sadly accepting this fact, Kitster went to find an empty seat instead.

"How are you feeling?" he asked as he sat down across from Anakin.

Anakin looked at Kitster and smiled. "Better."

Kitster smiled. "That's good, now I can show you my surprise."

Anakin raised an inquiring eyebrow as he saw the twinkle in Kitster's eyes. "What surprise?"

"It's that big thing that's covered up in the cargo bay, right?" Drengin piped up, eagerness to find out what it was shining in his eyes.

Kitster frowned at Drengin. "Is it in your nature to spoil surprises?"
    When a look of hurt passed over Drengin's features, Kitster simply chuckled. "Don't worry about it kid. Come one, I'll let you take the covering off."

Anakin chuckled as Drengin began to quickly finish up his breakfast. "Slow down, Drengin. It's not going anywhere."

Drengin nodded, his mouth full of oatmeal.

After Anakin and Drengin finished their breakfast and cleaned up, they headed for the cargo bay. Drengin ran ahead of them and was in the cargo bay near the covered surprise a few minutes before Anakin and Kitster.

When Anakin saw the covered surprise, he looked over at Kitster. "You didn't?"

Kitster's smile grew as he watched Drengin look longingly at the material covering the surprise. "Go ahead Drengin, take the cover off."

Drengin didn't even wait for Kitster to finish the sentence as he took the cover in his hands and began pulling it off, revealing the surprise.

Anakin gaped in shock as he saw something forgotten from his past

"What is it?" Drengin asked, running his hand over the cockpit.

"It's?it's my podracer." Anakin looked at Kitster in surprise. "You brought it with you?"

"Actually, Queen Amidala retrieved it after I told her that you podraced." Kitster replied as he watched Drengin hop into the cockpit.

Drengin looked at Anakin, excitement lighting up his eyes. "You raced pods?"

"Yes, I did." Anakin replied, walking over to Drengin.

"Cool. Can I try?" Drengin responded.

Kitster fought back a chuckle when he saw the look on Anakin's face. Anakin's expression had changed from stunned to stern in a matter of seconds.

"Absolutely not." Anakin answered.

Drengin crossed his arms and sulked, his excitement fading away.

Kitster started to say something, but stopped as the ship lurched sharply out of hyperspace.

"Who's piloting my ship?" Anakin asked, regaining his balance.

"Maya." Kitster answered as he followed Anakin to the cockpit.

Anakin muttered something under his breath and quickened his strides. "Where are we headed, by the way?"

Kitster's steps faltered for a second, as realization dawned on him. "Umm. I have no idea." He admitted sheepishly.

Anakin halted in his steps and swung around to face Kitster. "You mean to tell me that for the entire time we have been in hyperspace, you've had no idea where were going?"

Kitster shrugged his shoulders. "Maya said she was taking us to a safe place, but I never ventured to ask her where."

Shaking his head, Anakin continued on to the cockpit, where they found the ship on autopilot. A red light was blinking, indicating that the hatch to link a ship or escape pod was open. Exiting the cockpit, they found Maya waiting near the hatchway.

"Who are we letting aboard?" Anakin demanded.

Kitster stood to the side and watched as a blue and white droid trundled out of the hatch, followed by a person clothed in a dark brown hood and cloak.

"Who are you and what are you doing aboard my ship?" Anakin asked. The irritation at not knowing what was going on was getting to him.

The person slid back the hood and looked Anakin straight in the eyes. "Hello, Anakin."

10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehehe I got a good guess as to who it is! [face_mischief]
    Sweeet! Anakin has his podracer again!

Loved the 'stern' Absolutely not that Anakin gave him!! LOL!

Great chapter! :D

11. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Kynstar: Hehehehe I got a good guess as to who it is! You do do you :) ;)
    Sweeet! Anakin has his podracer again! Yep! :D

Loved the 'stern' Absolutely not that Anakin gave him!! LOL! Anakin has a protective streak going right now. :)

Great chapter! Thanks. Another post is coming tomorrow.

12. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Anakin's face paled and his irritation disappeared, replaced by stunned realization. "Padme?" He stuttered out, taking an unconscious step back.

Padme looked Anakin over carefully, noting the look on Anakin's face. "Yes, I'm really here, Anakin." She began, approaching him slowly. "My 'death' was greatly exaggerated." She glanced at Maya with a smile.

Maya bowed her head. "Everything went as planned, M'Lady."

Padme chuckled. "Not entirely, but the result was better."

Anakin raised an inquiring eyebrow, still at a loss for words.

"Originally, the plan was to fake my death and then go personally to Coruscant to see you." Padme told Anakin, ignoring Maya's snort.

"How were you planning to get into the temple unnoticed?" Anakin asked curiously.

"I was going to have one of the undercover Jedi sneak me in." Padme answered.

Maya rolled her eyes and walked past them, Kitster following behind her. "A terrible idea if you ask me."

"Why? Why would you come to see me?" Anakin asked.

Padme laid her hand against Anakin's chest. "I did not wish to cause you pain."

"But you did." Anakin retorted, an edge in his voice.

Padme's smile faded and her hand dropped away. "How did you find out?"

"Your sister and mother were arguing and I overheard them?" Anakin explained, not finishing his sentence.
    "Oh." Padme answered, looking down so Anakin would not see her tears.

Anakin's anger at Padme's deception faded, leaving behind relief and regret of his anger at Padme in Anakin's heart. Slowly, hesitatingly, Anakin encircled his arms around Padme and drew her close to him.

Padme rested her head against his chest, breathing in his scent and wrapped her arms around him. She hadn't meant to hurt him.
    Feeling Anakin's strong embrace, her guilt was replaced by relief that Anakin had forgiven her.

~*~*~

Kenshin waited impatiently as Master Yoda finished meditating. He crossed his arms and glared at Yoda.

"Glare at me you will not. Patience you must learn." Yoda told him, opening his eyes.

Kenshin's face became passive but his gaze remained hard.

"News I have for you." Yoda paused and looked into Kenshin's stormy blue eyes. "Returning your father will not be."

"Is that all?" Kenshin asked, his voice emotionless.

Yoda nodded his head and watched Kenshin leave. His ears drooped and he closed his eyes.

Once Kenshin was outside Yoda's quarters, he began to run as fast as he could and as far away as possible. Without pausing for a break, Kenshin ran out of the Temple, down the mountain path to a waterfall that crashed down into a stream.

The roar of the waterfall drowned out any other sounds as Kenshin collapsed near the edge where the water fell. The cool water sprayed over him as he caught his breath. Tears dripped down his cheeks and onto the already soaked ground.

The waterfall masked Kenshin's grief as he wept. Hours later he struggled to his feet, looking at the tumbling waterfall. "It's not fair!" he yelled. "First it was my mother, then my best friend, then my Master and now you've taken away my father! I hate you!" He screamed, tears running faster down his cheeks.

Anger mixed with anguish threatened to overwhelm him as he stood there, yelling till his voice grew hoarse. "I will not rest until every single Sith is dead!" He swore loudly. "I promise you all that. Your deaths will be avenged."

Picking up a palm sized rock; Kenshin threw it into the waterfall and then sank to the ground, hugging his knees to his chest. "Why?" he whispered.

13. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Is Saturday a bad day to post? Would a post Monday and Friday work better?

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    No not 'when' is a good time to post, but more like 'when' I can see it to read it ;) Thanks for asking that cuz I didn't know you'd update this.

Poor Anakin :( he's torn and upset at the matter of her 'faking' her death :(

And Kenshin :( I soooo feel for him as well. Things aren't looking all that good for him.

Great update :D

15. qtrhrs78

qtrhrs78 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 1, 2003
    Up! Great update. :D

16. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    :eek: How in the world did I miss this!!!

I just finished reading the other two ITS and this last post, and now you're stuck with me! New reader, comin' through!

Can't wait to read more!:D

17. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Kynstar: No not 'when' is a good time to post, but more like 'when' I can see it to read it Thanks for asking that cuz I didn't know you'd update this. Your welcome. Weekend posts don't always work so i'll move my posting scedual to Mondays and Thursdays instead. :) I do my best to make sure you see that i updated. :D

Poor Anakin he's torn and upset at the matter of her 'faking' her death Yeah.

And Kenshin I soooo feel for him as well. Things aren't looking all that good for him. Your insight serves you well.

Great update Thanks. :)

qtrhrs78: Up! Great update. Thanks. :)

AP4EVER How in the world did I miss this!!! Good question. :D Welcome.

I just finished reading the other two ITS and this last post, and now you're stuck with me! New reader, comin' through! Great! :D I love new faces.

Can't wait to read more! You won't be dissapointed. :)

18. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Sorry that this is a little late. My computer wants to drive me crazy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tru watched the sun dip behind the ragged mountain range, sending splashes of color in the sky. Red, yellow, purple, orange colors lit the sky and then slowly began to fade as the darkness of night overtook them. A cool evening breeze brushed against Tru's face, blowing against his braid.

Footsteps approached him, the comforting presence of his Master coming closer. Tru didn't look away as his Master came to a stop beside him. "Padawan Crey and his Master have been reported missing." Tru drew in a long breath and let it out slowly. "I don't think they're alive."

Tru's Master placed his hand on Tru's shoulder and waited for Tru to look at him. "You don't know that for certain."

Tru shook his head. "No, but I do know that more and more Jedi who are reported missing turn up dead."

Reeft sighed, briefly closing his eyes. "We mustn't lose hope, no matter what happens."

Tru looked away to hide the tears that shimmered in his eyes. "It's hard." Quickly wiping his eyes he looked back at Reeft. "Will we be ready? Have we waited too long?"

"I don't know." Reeft answered, dropping his hand to the side. "I don't know."

~*~*~

Kitster followed Maya into the cockpit and stood to the side of the pilot's chair and waited.

Maya began the calculations for hyperspace and looked at Kitster. "Spill it, Kitster."

"You lied to me."

"Took you long enough to say it." Maya muttered, turning back to the console to adjust the ship's vector. "Yes, I lied, and for a very good reason."

Kitster sat down in the copilot's seat waiting for her to continue.

"Padme's plan was far too dangerous and reports from various sources confirmed it further. When I found out that Anakin was no longer at the Temple, I decided to wait and see if Anakin would come to Naboo. My gamble paid off and here we are now." Maya explained, looking at Kitster. "The bounty hunter was a ploy. I had to find a way to get you to help."

"I would have helped anyway."

Maya sighed and shook her head. "Perhaps, but I prefer sneaking to gambling."

"You did gamble by waiting on Naboo." Kitster pointed out.

Maya glared daggers at him. "I never said that I don't gamble. I said that I prefer not to gamble."

Kitster began to reply, when the ship was suddenly hit by a barrage of laser fire.

~*~*~

Captain Jonash Solo bowed his head as Darth Mage entered the bridge.

"Report!" Darth Mage snapped.

"Squadron seven has found the renegades and are moving in to capture them." Solo reported.

"Excellent." Darth Mage remarked, a harsh looking grin splitting his features. "Move in to intercept!"

Captain Jonash Solo nodded in acknowledgment and promptly began issuing orders to the bridge crew.

19. AP4EVER

May 23, 2005
    So Maya had a plan and decided to take a risk. Well if you ask me, it was worth it!

But now this begs the question: What will happen next?

Can't wait to read more! :D

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yep I agree :) Well worth the risk!

Uh oh...Mage has found them [face_worried]

21. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Kynstar: Yep I agree Well worth the risk! Yep.

Uh oh...Mage has found them and that means action. :)

22. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Oops, didn't see you there [face_blush] me bad.

AP4EVER: So Maya had a plan and decided to take a risk. Well if you ask me, it was worth it! It sure was.

But now this begs the question: What will happen next? Indeed. :D

Can't wait to read more! More is on its way. :D

23. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Ruuka walked into a dimly lit Force suppressor room and asked. "Siri, are you in here?"

In response to her query, something whistled past her ear and thudded into the wooden door.

Ruuka narrowed her eyes and felt along the wall for the light control. "Thought so."
    Another projectile whistled past her, this time near her hand as she found the switch. Turning on the light, Ruuka spotted Siri in the middle of the room holding a handful of thin, lethal knives. "You'll hurt somebody if you're not careful."

"Only if someone enters at the wrong moment." Siri responded as she twirled a knife in her hand and threw it at the wall with deadly accuracy.

Ruuka walked over to Siri, her arms crossed. "What's wrong?"

Siri released another knife, this time throwing it at the wall behind her. "Kenshin shouldn't have been chosen to lead us."

"We had no choice in the matter. What's done is done." Ruuka responded, looking into Siri's eyes.

Siri broke the gaze and threw another knife. "Well, we should have had a choice." She looked back at Ruuka. "He's only seventeen years old!"

Ruuka patiently waited for her to continue as Siri threw the last of the knives and began to pace.

"Not only that, but he's dangerous. Surely you all must see that?" Siri continued.

Ruuka closed her eyes briefly. "He's not dangerous. We've been over this before."

Siri snorted and quickened her pacing. "Someone needs to rein him in or he'll destroy everything we've accomplished."

"I think you are being too hard on him." Ruuka commented. "His fate is uncertain."

Siri stopped her pacing and glowered at Ruuka. "You place too much faith in him. He is not his father."

"No, he is his own person with his own problems. Perhaps if you stop criticizing him all the time and actually 'help' him, then maybe he can overcome his problems. He needs friends right now, not enemies." With that said, Ruuka left the room leaving Siri alone to her thoughts.

~*~*~

The ship shuddered under the sudden bombardment causing Anakin and Padme to break away from each other. Anakin felt the presence of Sith outside the ship and immediately headed for the cockpit, Padme hurrying behind him.

When Anakin entered the cockpit, Maya left the pilot's seat to let Anakin take control.

"I don't know how they found us." Maya remarked, noting Padme's concerned expression.

Anakin put the ship into a dive and pulled up sharply near an incoming fighter. "They're not looking for you if that's what you're afraid of." Anakin remarked as the fighter that had been trailing Anakin slammed into the other fighter.

Padme held onto the back of the pilot's seat as Anakin veered to the left, then spun the ship upward. "I didn't think so. What did you do to get on their bad side?"

Anakin grimaced and fired a pair of torpedoes at a fighter before sending the ship into another spiral. "Well, leaving when the Sith Council is planning your life is not really tolerated."

Kitster shook his head, a smirk on his face. "In other words, they're mad at you for ruining their plans."

"Exactly." Anakin answered.

The ship shook and jolted forward as a pair of torpedoes hit the rear. Red lights began flashing on the console and an alarm began to blare.

"Something's wrong with the shield generator." Anakin remarked as he tried to stabilize the shields.

Kitster stood up and headed out of the cockpit. "Take over, Maya. I'm going to see if I can fix whatever is wrong with it."

"Find Threepio and have him help you." Anakin suggested as he blasted another fighter.

"Oh great, the chatterbox," Kitster muttered under his breath after the door slid shut behind him.

He headed to the small workshop and switched Threepio back on. "Okay, before you start talking, let me talk." Kitster began, interrupting Threepio's objections to being shut down. "Anakin wants you to help me find out what's wrong with the shield generator."

"Of course sir, this way." Threepio said, leading the way.

Kitster rolled his eyes and followed Threepio to the engine room.

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    So Siri isn't all too happy eh? ;)

Guys better hurry and run! And the shield generator ain't working? [face_worried] Uh oh... bad news there!

25. AP4EVER

May 23, 2005
    Time to vamoose, as they say!

It's great to see A&P together at last, though I should've said that in my last post, but who cares, they're together that's all that matters to me. And they're on the run, but where to? Can't wait to find out!

And as I always say, can't wait to read more! :D

P.S. I've just started Summer Classes, so don't be surprized if I don't discover a new post within an hour of its posting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.