main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Turnabout (AU)[A/P,Qui,Reeft,Tru,Bruck,OCs] Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jacen200015, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Bruck?s eyes widened when he saw who was in the room. Master. Tears filled Bruck?s eyes as his Master?s eyes opened and looked straight at him.

Another reunion that has been long in the waiting.:)

?Padawan, I forgive you.?

Accept his forgivness, Bruck.

?How can you still have faith in me??

Xanatos smiled warmly as he spoke, ?Because people have faith in me.?

The same goes for yout too! Don't give up hope, Bruck!

?I was going to go ask you to come on a picnic, but it seems you beat me to the location.?

[face_dancing] YES!!![face_dancing]

Two hours later found them laying in the warm green grass, Padmé's head on Anakin?s chest and Anakin?s fingers playing with her hair. It was a perfect moment as they lay there without a care in the galaxy.

Thank God, no interruptions.:)

Padmé laid her head against his chest and Anakin wrapped his arms around her. There they stood and looked at the horizon.

?I love you, too,? she breathed into the warm fabric of his shirt.

:_| =D= This is already my favorite post to date! Thank you!

?Yow, your cot is not soft.? Drengin whined, rubbing his bottom.

Well prisoners aren't suppose to be living in luxary.

Earth to all you politicians out there...[face_frustrated] [face_shame_on_you]

I am not your Master anymore.

Someone get this guy some anti-depressants...wait, then the side affects will make him suicidal, so scratch that out. But still![face_frustrated]

=D= Magnificiant post! Thank you once again for the surprise picnic! It was most welcome...and A&P thank you too!

Can't wait to read more.:D

2. sithhappens6

sithhappens6 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2006
    Great Update. Keep up the good work.

...I wonder what will happen next though...:confused:

3. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Great post! :D

I loved the interaction between all the characters, but the scenes with Xan/Bruck and Bruck/Drengin were my favorite. :)

I like how Xan is so forgiving, passing onto others what has been given to him. Perfect! ;)

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awww! Yes!!! [face_dancing] Bruck got to see Xan!! Yahoo!! Xan's so loving and forgiving there! [face_love]

Lil picnic with Padme was juz what Anakin needed! [face_love]

And Drengin asking him for permission. That was sweeeet!

Wonderful update! Well done, hon! =D=

5. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    AP4EVER: Bruck?s eyes widened when he saw who was in the room. Master. Tears filled Bruck?s eyes as his Master?s eyes opened and looked straight at him.

Another reunion that has been long in the waiting.
    It's about time too :D

?Padawan, I forgive you.?

Accept his forgivness, Bruck.
    Yes Bruck :)

?How can you still have faith in me??

Xanatos smiled warmly as he spoke, ?Because people have faith in me.?

The same goes for yout too! Don't give up hope, Bruck!
    Yes, yes, to Xanatos you listen :D

?I was going to go ask you to come on a picnic, but it seems you beat me to the location.?

YES!!!
    I knew you would love this :)

Two hours later found them laying in the warm green grass, Padmé's head on Anakin?s chest and Anakin?s fingers playing with her hair. It was a perfect moment as they lay there without a care in the galaxy.

Thank God, no interruptions.
    Yes, thankfully.

Padmé laid her head against his chest and Anakin wrapped his arms around her. There they stood and looked at the horizon.

?I love you, too,? she breathed into the warm fabric of his shirt.

This is already my favorite post to date! Thank you!
    Your welcome. I was pretty proud of myself with this part.

?Yow, your cot is not soft.? Drengin whined, rubbing his bottom.

Well prisoners aren't suppose to be living in luxary.

Earth to all you politicians out there...
    politics :p

I am not your Master anymore.

Someone get this guy some anti-depressants...wait, then the side affects will make him suicidal, so scratch that out. But still!
    Bruck and Xanatos need to have a long talk together.

Magnificiant post! Thank you once again for the surprise picnic! It was most welcome...and A&P thank you too! Your welcome :) I knew you were anxiously waiting for the picnic to come up. :D

Can't wait to read more. Some more is coming on Monday. :)

sithhappens6: Great Update. Keep up the good work. Thank you :)

...I wonder what will happen next though... *drum roll* [face_mischief] the [face_shhh] action and climax draw near.

bek: Great post! Than you :)

I loved the interaction between all the characters, but the scenes with Xan/Bruck and Bruck/Drengin were my favorite. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

I like how Xan is so forgiving, passing onto others what has been given to him. Perfect! Yep :D

Kynstar: Awww! Yes!!! Bruck got to see Xan!! Yahoo!! Xan's so loving and forgiving there! He sure is :D

Lil picnic with Padme was juz what Anakin needed! He needed a break :)

And Drengin asking him for permission. That was sweeeet! It was indeed :)

Wonderful update! Well done, hon! Thank you :)

6. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Several days later, and a day after Kenshin left the Temple to head to Mustafar, Anakin walked through the dimly-lit corridors of the Temple to his ship. When he arrived at his ship he sensed that Woren, Nev-Kwellen, and Tru were already on board. He stopped at the edge of the ramp when he heard the pattering of feet trying to catch up with him. Taking a deep breath for the outburst he knew would come, Anakin turned around.

Drengin hurled himself at Anakin and wrapped his arms as much as he could around Anakin. ?Don?t go!? he cried.

Anakin pried Drengin?s arms off him and then knelt in front of him so that they would be at eye level. ?I have to go.?

Tears ran down Drengin?s cheeks and he put his arms around Anakin?s neck. ?I don?t want you to leave. What if?? A sob caught in his throat as he continued. ?What if you don?t come back??

Hugging Drengin, Anakin rubbed circles on Drengin?s back in an attempt to calm him. ?Shhh, little one. I won?t be gone long.?

Drengin shook his head furiously, his eyes red from crying. ?You were saying goodbye. You don?t think you're coming back.?

?Drengin, don?t let your fears control you.? Anakin told him. ?Remember what Master Yoda says. The future is always in motion.?

?I know.? Drengin hiccupped, clutching Anakin even tighter, his hands clenched tightly on Anakin?s cloak. ?Why can?t I come with you??

?It?s too dangerous.? Anakin replied.

?I can stay on the ship while you go fight the Sith.? Drengin responded. ?I won?t get in the way. I promise.?

Anakin took a deep breath and stood up, but Drengin wrapped his legs around Anakin?s waist.

?No, I don?t want you to go.? Drengin cried, on the verge of a full blown tantrum.

Anakin rocked Drengin back and forth, his emotional mask beginning to falter. ?Please Drengin, don?t make my leaving any harder then it has to be.?

After five unsuccessful minutes of trying to console Drengin, Anakin breathed a sigh of relief when he saw Padme approaching. Without a word to Anakin, Padme managed to remove Drengin from Anakin and was now the one holding him.

?Be careful.? Padme told Anakin.

?I will do my best.? Anakin replied, kissing her on the lips. He lingered as Drengin?s sobbing continued, Anakin?s heart breaking.

Padme smiled reassuringly at him. ?He?ll be all right, Anakin. Go. Come back soon. We?ll miss you.?

?Thank you.? Anakin responded, tears pricking his eyes as he turned and headed up the ramp.

Padme watched as Anakin?s ship lifted off and flew out of the hanger bay before heading back to her temporary quarters in the Temple.

Drengin?s crying had died down to whimpers and by the time Padme reached her quarters, Drengin was asleep, spent from all the crying he did.

Padme carried him into a spare bedroom and laid him down on the bed.

?Will he really come back?? Drengin asked in a tear strained voice, opening his eyes to look at Padme.

Kneeling by his bedside, Padme brushed Drengin?s bangs away from his eyes. ?Anakin won?t let himself be taken down easily. I know he will do his best to come back soon.?

Drengin wiped his face with his hands and swallowed back a sob. ?Promise??

?I promise.? Padme answered.

Drengin closed his eyes and Padme tucked him in and gave him a kiss on his forehead.

?Stay with me?? Drengin asked as he heard Padme start to leave the room.

Padme grabbed the chair from the desk and sat down next to Drengin?s bed.
    ?I?m right here.?

Drengin snuggled deeper into the pillow and was soon fast asleep.

~*~*~

Nev-Kwellen watched the exchange between Anakin and Drengin with disdain, a scowl on his face.

?Nev-Kwellen, wipe that expression off your face and let?s go meditate.? Woren told him as he came up behind him.

?As you wish.? Nev-Kwellen responded with gritted teeth and turned around to see that Woren had not moved from where he was standing. ?What!?? Nev-Kwellen snapped in annoyance as he saw Woren?s look.

?You?re jealous of him aren?t you?? Woren asked, carefully watching Nev-Kwellen?s reaction.

Nev-Kwellen snorted and tried push

7. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    What? on page 4? no you don't. *pushes the fic back up*

8. AP4EVER

May 23, 2005
    When he arrived at his ship he sensed that Woren, Nev-Kwellen, and...

Woah woah woah! Since when did they agree to allow those two to come along? Did I miss something? Even if they didn't kill Dooku, I'm still cautious of those two.

?I don?t want you to leave. What if?? A sob caught in his throat as he continued. ?What if you don?t come back??

Awww, poor little fella.:(

Without a word to Anakin, Padmé managed to remove Drengin from Anakin and was now the one holding him.

:) At the very least she'll be there to console him.

Kneeling by his bedside, Padmé brushed Drengin?s bangs away from his eyes. ?Anakin won?t let himself be taken down easily. I know he will do his best to come back soon.?

Amen. Padme has full faith in Anakin's abilities, you should too, Drengin.

But we've all been scared of something at that age, and it's very hard to calm down.

?Stay with me?? Drengin asked as he heard Padmé start to leave the room.

Padmé grabbed the chair from the desk and sat down next to Drengin?s bed.

?I?m right here.?

Needless to say she'll make a great mother.;) She's already a great surrogate big sister.:)

?What!?? Nev-Kwellen snapped in annoyance as he saw Woren?s look.

?You?re jealous of him aren?t you?? Woren asked, carefully watching Nev-Kwellen?s reaction.

Bullies usually are jealous of something.

Winona came onto the balcony and went to stand beside Padmé. ?It looks like a storm is moving in.?

And not just in a physical manifestation. Talk about foreshadowing.

Obi-Wan looked at Bruck and then back at his son. ?What parents don?t envision their children?s future at one time or another??

Indeed. But we've only seen the father...were is the mother!? And why do I fear that she's dead?[face_worried]

Bruck, how would you like to be Kenshin?s Hold-Father??

Ohhh the bitter humanity of it all.

And now his...God/Hold Son is sentencing him to his death. I only hope this won't be the case.

Wonderful post, and I'm so sorry I missed this. Although I have a valid excuse (2nd Mid-Terms), I'm still ashamed. But the quarter is winding down, so once the chaos is overwith, things will be back to normal...for 10 days and then it's back to campus...hurrah.

But, then comes summer! Can't wait to read more.:D

9. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    AP4EVER: When he arrived at his ship he sensed that Woren, Nev-Kwellen, and...

Woah woah woah! Since when did they agree to allow those two to come along? Did I miss something? Even if they didn't kill Dooku, I'm still cautious of those two.
    Well, we did skip over a couple of days :D

?I don?t want you to leave. What if?? A sob caught in his throat as he continued. ?What if you don?t come back??

Awww, poor little fella.
    Yeah :(

Without a word to Anakin, Padmé managed to remove Drengin from Anakin and was now the one holding him.

At the very least she'll be there to console him.
    Yep :)

Kneeling by his bedside, Padmé brushed Drengin?s bangs away from his eyes. ?Anakin won?t let himself be taken down easily. I know he will do his best to come back soon.?

Amen. Padme has full faith in Anakin's abilities, you should too, Drengin.

But we've all been scared of something at that age, and it's very hard to calm down.
    That is true.

?Stay with me?? Drengin asked as he heard Padmé start to leave the room.

Padmé grabbed the chair from the desk and sat down next to Drengin?s bed.

?I?m right here.?

Needless to say she'll make a great mother. She's already a great surrogate big sister.
    She sure is :D

?What!?? Nev-Kwellen snapped in annoyance as he saw Woren?s look.

Bullies usually are jealous of something.
    and you wonder why they become bullies *shakes head* They deserve hugs and love too.

Winona came onto the balcony and went to stand beside Padmé. ?It looks like a storm is moving in.?

And not just in a physical manifestation. Talk about foreshadowing.
    hehe :D , foreshowing is right. [face_whistling]

Obi-Wan looked at Bruck and then back at his son. ?What parents don?t envision their children?s future at one time or another??

Indeed. But we've only seen the father...were is the mother!? And why do I fear that she's dead?
    Because the evidence is there.

Bruck, how would you like to be Kenshin?s Hold-Father??

Ohhh the bitter humanity of it all.

And now his...God/Hold Son is sentencing him to his death. I only hope this won't be the case.
    Sadly it is, but maybe Anakin can save him in time.

Wonderful post, and I'm so sorry I missed this. Although I have a valid excuse (2nd Mid-Terms), I'm still ashamed. But the quarter is winding down, so once the chaos is overwith, things will be back to normal...for 10 days and then it's back to campus...hurrah. That's understandable :)

But, then comes summer! Can't wait to read more. Yep :) I might delay the next post for a bit since i'm waiting for my beta to get back to me, so we'll see. Although action cliffhangers are nice :D

10. aldocassidy

aldocassidy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2005
    Great updates! Definitely looks like things are about to heat up; the moment between Anakin and Padme was nice, but it so felt like it was the eye of the hurricane. Glad Bruck and Xanatos made peace with one another, too.

11. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    aldocassidy: Great updates! Definitely looks like things are about to heat up; the moment between Anakin and Padme was nice, but it so felt like it was the eye of the hurricane. Glad Bruck and Xanatos made peace with one another, too. I'm glad you liked them. Yes, things are heating up. :)

12. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    alright. i think i'll post even though my beta has not gotten back to me yet.

13. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002

Note: I got the idea for Kenshin's Force power from someone's fic (i need to look it back up again), but i find that it is also similar to Force drain sooo *shrugs*, i'm still going to look for that fic though and give the author some credit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Black Star screamed through Mustafar?s red atmosphere, heading down towards the planet?s red surface. The sensors located two ships on the planet?s surface and Anakin piloted the Black Star to the one closet to Kenshin and the Orcin.

Tru entered the cabin and buckled himself into the copilot?s seat. ?This is a delightful place.? He said sarcastically as they zoomed over the barren landscape.

Anakin ignored him and landed the ship on an old mining platform beside the Red Blaze. ?We?re running out of time. The trap is going to be sprung soon.? He powered the ship down and left the cockpit, followed by Tru.

Anakin and Tru were met by Woren and Nev-Kwellen at the entrance of the ramp and without a word, they left the ship.

~*~*~

Kenshin patiently waited in his seat as two of the Orcin Council members brought in Bruck and shoved him into the middle of the circle.

Bruck stumbled from the rough push, but regained his balance in time to prevent himself from falling forward. He stood up straight and with an emotionless face, looked at Kenshin.

?Do you know why you are here?? Kenshin asked.

?Do you know why the Orcin are here?? Bruck countered.

Kenshin hissed between his teeth and answered. ?You are here for the most serious crime that can be committed to the Orcin order. Betrayal.?

?I did not betray anyone.? Bruck defended himself. ?I would have been killed if I had stayed.?

?Better to die than to betray our leader.? Kenshin replied, causing nods of agreement from the other Council members.

Bruck turned to look at Bant, ?Bant, you believe me right??

Bant ignored Bruck as Kenshin spoke.

?Why should you be believed?? Kenshin remarked. ?The ruling has already been decided and voted on. The verdict is death.?

Bruck?s face paled and he anxiously searched each of the Council members faces for any kind of support. ?You can?t do this. I?m one of you.?

?No, you aren?t.? Siri answered, her face stony and her eyes like ice. ?The day you betrayed our leader was the day you were dismissed.?

?This is not right, it?s against the Orcin code.? Bruck protested.

?There have been many changes since you have last been here Bruck.? Siri put in. ?We will do what we must.?

Bruck shook his head, ?No! The code cannot be changed, Obi-Wan forbade it.?

?Obi-Wan is dead, therefore we will take the appropriate measures to avenge his death.? Tarnekk responded.

Turning to the left, Bruck looked at Tarnekk, ?We do not take revenge. Revenge is of the Dark Side.?

Kenshin gave a dry laugh. ?Forget it, there is no escape.?

Pressing his lips together into a thin line, Bruck looked back at Kenshin. ?What would your father think??

At that, Kenshin rose from his seat and pointed at Bruck. ?You have no right to ask what my father would have thought.?

?I have every right as Obi-Wan?s friend and fellow Council member.? Bruck swiftly rebutted. ?Kenshin, you were doing so well before Obi-Wan left with Garen and me to the Sith Temple. What happened that made you this way??

Ice cold fury burned in Kenshin?s eyes at Bruck?s words. ?I have heard enough out of you traitor!?

Bruck felt a sinking feeling in his stomach as he saw Kenshin raise his hand, horizontally, and palm outward. Bruck felt himself being held in place and with growing horror, felt his Force energy being drawn from him.

Kenshin closed his eyes and drank in the power that he was absorbing. Raising his other hand, vertically and palm up, a small ball of electricity began to form.

Bruck began to feel dizzy and exhausted, his legs trembling beneath him. On the brink of unconsciousness, Bruck was dropped to the floor.

Walking forward, Kenshin stood a few feet from Bruck and began pouring the glowing yellow b

14. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I think Kenshin may be very close to becoming a sith. Hopefully Anakin will be able to get through to him before it's too late. [face_praying]

15. aldocassidy

Jun 22, 2005
    Wow, that was an awesome chapter! Hopefully Bruck will make it. Kenshin's really wearing on my patience lately...I wonder if it's too late for him. Ironic, the Sith acting like a Jedi, and vice versa. I'm surprised that the rest of the Orcin Council is so complacent about following their leader, even when he blatantly and flagrantly uses lightning.

16. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    bek: I think Kenshin may be very close to becoming a sith. Hopefully Anakin will be able to get through to him before it's too late. I hope so too [face_praying]

aldocassidy: Wow, that was an awesome chapter! Hopefully Bruck will make it. Kenshin's really wearing on my patience lately...I wonder if it's too late for him. Ironic, the Sith acting like a Jedi, and vice versa. I'm surprised that the rest of the Orcin Council is so complacent about following their leader, even when he blatantly and flagrantly uses lightning. Ah, but there is a reason for the Orcin Council not doing anything about it. :D

17. AP4EVER

May 23, 2005
    ?Do you know why you are here?? Kenshin asked.

Kenshin hissed between his teeth...

Touche

?What would your father think??

Why should Kenshin have any regard for the rules when he thinks his father is dead?

?Kenshin, you were doing so well before Obi-Wan left with Garen and me to the Sith Temple. What happened that made you this way??

His soul became corrupt.

Walking forward, Kenshin stood a few feet from Bruck and began pouring the glowing yellow ball of electricity into Bruck?s prone form.

Is this a new form of Force lightning? I've never heard of it being yellow.[face_thinking]

Kenshin looked up just as Anakin revealed his presence and jumped down to the ground. He ceased drawing energy from Bruck and threw Force lighting at Anakin.

Anakin held his hand out in front of him and adsorbed the lightning.

First, and usually the last mistake...underestimating Anakin's power.[face_cowboy]

But Anakin hasn't come to destroy an enemy, so he'll be reluctant to use any more power than is necessary. And Kenshin is far from being a slouch if he can produce Force lightning.

Anakin stood still as Kenshin drew the Force from him. He smirked as he saw Kenshin?s irritated look when Anakin did not become drained like he had expected Anakin to become. ?Careful, you don?t want to overdue it.? Anakin warned.

Although anger can be a powerful weapon, it can make ones focus blurry fury.

?You are making this very difficult.? He remarked and, throwing off his robe, he detached his lightsaber and ignited the deadly blue beam.

Anakin followed suit and tossed his cloak to the side. He brought his glowing red lightsaber up in a classical defense position and waited.

I find this ironically amusing. The former Sith turned Jedi is using a red lightsaber, but the (increasingly becoming former) Jedi is using blue.

?I?m not a Sith. I?m a Jedi apprentice.? Anakin corrected, avoiding a swipe at his head.

?Liar! You?re here to destroy us and I?m here to stop you.? Kenshin retorted, his eyes yellow with malice.

Who's the Sith now.

?You would harm those who follow you just to destroy me??

Kenshin?s eyes took on a yellow color as he replied, ?Let me destroy you and they won?t be harmed.?

Desperation leads opponents to resort to anything...especially when they have lost their morals.

?You are not thinking straight.? Anakin responded and ran for a broken window and leapt outside, followed closely by Kenshin.

Ever since Obi-Wan's 'death', when has he?

=D= Fantastic post, better than I expected! Sorry I didn't catch this earlier. Can't wait to read more.:D

18. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    AP4EVER: ?Do you know why you are here?? Kenshin asked.

Kenshin hissed between his teeth...

Touche
    Tell me about it.

?What would your father think??

Why should Kenshin have any regard for the rules when he thinks his father is dead?
    well....[face_thinking]

?Kenshin, you were doing so well before Obi-Wan left with Garen and me to the Sith Temple. What happened that made you this way??

His soul became corrupt.
    Possibly, but why and how? Manipulation perhaps?

Walking forward, Kenshin stood a few feet from Bruck and began pouring the glowing yellow ball of electricity into Bruck?s prone form.

Is this a new form of Force lightning? I've never heard of it being yellow.
    Maybe lightening is not the correct term to use, since Kenshin is basicly throwing Bruck's life and Force energy back at him. the problem is that Kenshin is doing way to much at one time to fast and so Bruck's body can't handle it. Hm, i'll have to keep this in mind when i go back over this fic and see if there is a better word i can use.

Kenshin looked up just as Anakin revealed his presence and jumped down to the ground. He ceased drawing energy from Bruck and threw Force lighting at Anakin.

Anakin held his hand out in front of him and adsorbed the lightning.

First, and usually the last mistake...underestimating Anakin's power.
    Very true.

But Anakin hasn't come to destroy an enemy, so he'll be reluctant to use any more power than is necessary. And Kenshin is far from being a slouch if he can produce Force lightning. True, we'll see what happens :D

Anakin stood still as Kenshin drew the Force from him. He smirked as he saw Kenshin?s irritated look when Anakin did not become drained like he had expected Anakin to become. ?Careful, you don?t want to overdue it.? Anakin warned.

Although anger can be a powerful weapon, it can make ones focus blurry fury.
    advantages always mean that there is a disadvantage somewhere.

?You are making this very difficult.? He remarked and, throwing off his robe, he detached his lightsaber and ignited the deadly blue beam.

Anakin followed suit and tossed his cloak to the side. He brought his glowing red lightsaber up in a classical defense position and waited.

I find this ironically amusing. The former Sith turned Jedi is using a red lightsaber, but the (increasingly becoming former) Jedi is using blue.
    Yeah, I agree. wait till you read the other parts :D I'm not done yet.

?I?m not a Sith. I?m a Jedi apprentice.? Anakin corrected, avoiding a swipe at his head.

?Liar! You?re here to destroy us and I?m here to stop you.? Kenshin retorted, his eyes yellow with malice.

Who's the Sith now.
    Somebody better get the mirror.

?You would harm those who follow you just to destroy me??

Kenshin?s eyes took on a yellow color as he replied, ?Let me destroy you and they won?t be harmed.?

Desperation leads opponents to resort to anything...especially when they have lost their morals.
    Are you sure he's desperate? [face_thinking] Maybe he just wants to fight Anakin without anyone watching.

?You are not thinking straight.? Anakin responded and ran for a broken window and leapt outside, followed closely by Kenshin.

Ever since Obi-Wan's 'death', when has he?
    That is a very good question.

Fantastic post, better than I expected! Sorry I didn't catch this earlier. Can't wait to read more. There will be more on Monday. My beta finally sent the chapter back to me :)

19. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Tru, Woren, and Nev-Kwellen entered the room through a side door just in time to see Anakin and Kenshin jump out of the window.

"This is going to be interesting." Tru remarked in a low voice and walked to the center of the semi circle where the Orcin Council members were recovering from having their energy drained. He knelt next to Bruck to check his pulse and then stood up again and faced his Master. "I believe you have some explaining to do, my former Master."

The Orcin Council members, with the exception of Reeft, looked between the two in confusion. Reeft merely smiled. "I believe you are mistaken, my Padawan."

"I think not." Tru replied, his face devoid of emotion. "I have proof. I have Obi-Wan's journal."

"That proves nothing. It is all speculation." Reeft retorted, realizing only seconds later that that had been a mistake.

Tru raised an eyebrow and asked, "So you admit that you have something to hide?"

The Orcin Council members were all staring at Reeft now, their eyes revealing their feelings of betrayal.

"Traitor!" Siri shouted, leaping from her chair and pointing her lightsaber at Reeft's throat.

Reeft coolly smiled and made a motion with his hand. "Come now, do you truly believe the words of my Padawan?"

Siri glared icy daggers at him. "I don't need him to tell me what I have already been told by Obi-Wan."

Reeft's smile curved into a frown. "I'm afraid you have been misled."

Woren stepped forward, standing next to Tru and replied, "Really? I have proof that you killed Dooku."

Reeft's face darkened and a yellow light flashed in his eyes. "Is that so? Then where is that proof?"

A smile spread across Woren's face as he responded. "It's coming."

Nev-Kwellen spotted movement in a hidden corner of the room and felt several voids in the Force approaching. "They're here!" He shouted in warning just as the six Jedi Council members revealed their presences and attacked.

In that moment of confusion, Reeft Force-pushed Siri out of his way, ignited his saber and attacked Tru.

Tru stumbled, almost tripping over Bruck's prone form as he deflected Reeft's furious assault.

~*~*~

"Unnecessary blood is being spilt tonight."

Kedrick shimmered into Xanatos' view, a sad look on his face. "I know, but it can't be avoided."

Xanatos slowly shook his head. "But it could have been. If I had just awakened sooner - if I had understood the warnings signs earlier.."

"Enough Xanatos!" Kedrick admonished him. "What is done is done."

"They're going to be fighting a duel to the death, Kedrick. How can you just look on and do nothing?"

Kedrick looked away from Xanatos briefly and then looked back. "It is the will of the Force that I do not interfere."

Xanatos closed his eyes and said quietly. "Is it the will of the Force that they kill each other?" When he got no response, Xanatos opened his eyes to see that Kedrick was gone.

~*~*~

Tru brought his lightsaber up to block the blow at his head and then down as Reeft moved to take out his legs.

Reeft's eyes were a blazing yellow, and his once-kind face was now contorted in a visage of malice. Hate brimmed from his very being as he drove his former padawan to a far corner of the room.

Tru feinted left and then spun right to maneuver himself out of the corner. Sweat beaded on his brow as the duel wore on.

Their lightsabers clashed again and again. Blocking, striking, feinting, drawing back, all this in a matter of seconds.

"You can't win. Why don't you just give up now and submit to me?" Reeft suggested as he managed to knock Tru off his feet.

Tru rolled away from the descending blade, jumped up, and re-ignited his saber. "I will never surrender. You know me better than that."

Reeft snarled as he circled Tru. "Obstinate boy. You gain nothing from death."

"At least I would have attempted to stop you, Sith! If I fail to stop you, then someone else will." stop you." Tru retorted just as Reeft struck at his side.

Reeft gave an evil sounding laugh as he dodged to the left and struck down low. "Foolish boy.

20. AP4EVER

May 23, 2005
    "I have proof. I have Obi-Wan's journal."

"That proves nothing. It is all speculation." Reeft retorted, realizing only seconds later that that had been a mistake.

Tru raised an eyebrow and asked, "So you admit that you have something to hide?"

Checkmate. So this means...:eek:

"...I have proof that you killed Dooku."

He's a Sith![face_cowboy]

"Is it the will of the Force that they kill each other?" When he got no response, Xanatos opened his eyes to see that Kedrick was gone.

I certainly hope not![face_worried]

"My plan has already been set in motion. Kenshin will destroy Anakin and when he does, his fall to the Dark Side will be complete."

You assume too much![face_cowboy]

To his shock and horror, he saw the Orcin Council members fighting Jedi Council members.

Something needs to be done soon, or else there might not be a Jedi Order, period.[face_worried]

Things have really heated up in less than 24 hours. I certainly hope that both councils put a stop to this blood-shed, as they need eachother to stop the Sith.

But it seems that the Orcin council is being decimated. Personally, I hope Siri comes out relatively unscathed seeing as she's at least one true follower of Obi-Wan.

A marvelous and reveiling post, if I do say so myself. Can't wait to read more.:D

21. aldocassidy

Jun 22, 2005
    Wow, everything is happening at once right now. Makes ya wonder, where are the more senior members of the Jedi (ie Yoda), and why aren't the doing more to regulate these unruly operations (I know, suggesting that the Jedi Council become more stringent isn't a policy that I would normally advocate).

Still wondering what Woren and Nev are up to.

22. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Mustering all the remaining strength he could, Bruck searched for Kenshin's presence and found him, along with Anakin, some distance away. Dueling to the death. Oh no.

Don't worry Bruck, I don't think Anakin is looking to kill Kenshin. He's working on trying to keep him from falling. [face_praying]

Hope everything turns out okay. [face_worried]

23. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    AP4EVER: "I have proof. I have Obi-Wan's journal."

Checkmate. So this means...
    :D Yep

"...I have proof that you killed Dooku."

He's a Sith!
    He sure is :)

"Is it the will of the Force that they kill each other?" When he got no response, Xanatos opened his eyes to see that Kedrick was gone.

I certainly hope not!
    Me too [face_worried]

"My plan has already been set in motion. Kenshin will destroy Anakin and when he does, his fall to the Dark Side will be complete."

You assume too much!
    He sure does.

To his shock and horror, he saw the Orcin Council members fighting Jedi Council members.

Something needs to be done soon, or else there might not be a Jedi Order, period.
    Well, Reeft is attempting to start a civil war ;)

Things have really heated up in less than 24 hours. I certainly hope that both councils put a stop to this blood-shed, as they need eachother to stop the Sith. It sure has :)

But it seems that the Orcin council is being decimated. Personally, I hope Siri comes out relatively unscathed seeing as she's at least one true follower of Obi-Wan. Yeah.

A marvelous and reveiling post, if I do say so myself. Can't wait to read more. More is coming on Monday :)

aldocassidy:

Wow, everything is happening at once right now. Makes ya wonder, where are the more senior members of the Jedi (ie Yoda), and why aren't the doing more to regulate these unruly operations (I know, suggesting that the Jedi Council become more stringent isn't a policy that I would normally advocate). Well if half of the Jedi Council followed the second half then who would be left in charge in the Temple? Plus if Yoda did bring the other half of the Council, doing so would just be an added bonus in Reeft's plot.

Still wondering what Woren and Nev are up to. That will be revealed soon :)

bek: Mustering all the remaining strength he could, Bruck searched for Kenshin's presence and found him, along with Anakin, some distance away. Dueling to the death. Oh no.

Don't worry Bruck, I don't think Anakin is looking to kill Kenshin. He's working on trying to keep him from falling.
    Ah, but the potential for an accident is there too :D

Hope everything turns out okay. Yeah.

24. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Tru was Force-shoved into a corner, his lightsaber clattering from his hand and rolling away from him on the floor.

"Join me, Tru. Together we can build a new Order." Reeft spoke in a soft, silky, voice.

Tru shook his now throbbing head in response. "Never!"

Studying Tru, Reeft cocked his head to one side for a bit. "A pity. You would have made an excellent Sith." He swung his lightsaber at Tru's midsection, but was blocked by a new blade. Stunned that he had not sensed the new presence, Reeft twisted around in order to see his new foe.

"We meet again."

"You!" Reeft roared and threw a burst of Force lighting at the new arrival. "I killed you myself! You can't be alive!" He continued shrieking.

A small smile crept onto Dooku's face. "Oh, but I am." Before Reeft could react, Dooku had Force-pulled Tru's lightsaber to his hand and stabbed Reeft in the chest. "Obi-Wan sends his greetings and regrets he couldn't be here personally."

Reeft's eyes began to glaze over and he collapsed to his knees as Dooku disengaged Tru's lightsaber. "This...is..." He gasped, "not...over..." With one last sharp inhale, Reeft's eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fell to the floor lifeless.

Tru sunk to the floor in relief and sadness, his face in his hands.

"I am sorry, Tru." Dooku told him sincerely. "He was lost long before you became his padawan."

Wiping his eyes, Tru looked up at Dooku. "I was so blinded."

"We all were." Dooku tried to soothe.

"I don't." Tru paused, a lump in his throat. "I don't know whether I should mourn him or not. It hurts."

Dooku helped Tru to his feet and handed him his lightsaber. "Mourn the man Reeft was before the Dark Side took him. Yes, it will hurt, but healing will come in time."

Tru glanced at his lightsaber but did not take it. "How could we have been so blind? Even I was fooled, and I was his apprentice." His eyes drifted up to look into Dooku's cool blue gaze. "How can you be here if you died?"

Dooku turned away from Tru to survey the occupants in the room. Three of the Orcin Council members were tending the wounded and the Jedi Council members, those who were still alive were clutching at their heads. "We need to get the wounded to the ship."

Woren walked over to Dooku and bowed his head. "Master Dooku. I'm glad you could join us."

"It seems I was right on time." Dooku reached inside his cloak and pulled out a datapad. "Here is the proof you'll need to prove that Reeft was indeed a Sith Lord."

Woren accepted the datapad and asked. "Will you be returning with us?"

"I am sorry to disappoint. There is a little mission of my own that I must accomplish first." Dooku answered.

"Oh. I was hoping you would come with us." Woren replied, lowering his head.

Dooku chuckled and placed his right hand on Woren's shoulder and gave a gentle squeeze. "I believe you have had more than enough time around my clone that you would want me as far away as possible."

A snort came from behind Woren as Nev-Kwellen joined the conversation. "Yeah, well your clone tried to kill me so I would rather not risk my well-being with you around."

Woren smirked and looked at his apprentice. "Then you should probably continue to avoid Anakin."

"I'm not afraid of Anakin!" Nev-Kwellen protested.

"So you shouldn't be afraid of my Master either." Woren pointed out.

Nev-Kwellen scowled and walked away. "If you'll excuse me, I am going to help prepare the wounded for transport."

As soon as Nev-Kwellen was out of hearing range Tru asked. "Who else knew that Dooku was cloned and Reeft was a Sith?"

Woren scratched the back of his head, his face expressionless. "This is probably not the best time to discuss this."

Dooku nodded in agreement. "You should all go soon. If you have translated the warning right then we should get away from here as quickly as we can."

"What are you guys talking about?" Tru asked.

"There is a prophecy that I believe is connected to both Kenshin and Anakin." Woren began. "A small section of the prophecy goes like this:

Beware! Evi

25. AP4EVER

May 23, 2005
    "Join me, Tru. Together we can build a new Order."

I find this more a tuant than an offer.

"We meet again."

"You!" Reeft roared and threw a burst of Force lighting at the new arrival. "I killed you myself! You can't be alive!"

:eek: Could it be!?

Before Reeft could react, Dooku had Force-pulled Tru's lightsaber to his hand and stabbed Reeft in the chest. "Obi-Wan sends his greetings and regrets he couldn't be here personally."

:) It is! Dooku's alive and kickin' some A$$![face_cowboy]

"How can you be here if you died?"

[face_thinking] Good question. He was either cloned or...

"I believe you have had more than enough time around my clone that you would want me as far away as possible."

...Or he was cloned.[face_plain] So that means the Kaminoans are involved...does this mean an 'army' is on the way?

Kenshin and Anakin's fate are out of our hands."

Indeed. And it seems that their conflict will have more impications than as to whether one of both of them die.

Though of course, I hope neither of them do.

The room began to shake, causing Kalen to fully wake up.

Earthquake...or something more?

The ground was opening up and streams of lava were shooting up from the fissures. The wind was so strong that it ripped the trees from the ground like they were blades of grass.

The land will tremble,
    the sky grow dark,
    the young will scream in fear,
    the old will faint where they tread.

And all this is a result of the two most powerful 'prophetic famliy members' clashing with one another.

If you ask me, the Sith have plenty to worry about.

Splendid post, espcially seeing that Dooku is still alive! Can't wait to read more.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.