main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Turnabout (AU)[A/P,Qui,Reeft,Tru,Bruck,OCs] Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jacen200015, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Kynstar: So Siri isn't all too happy eh? Nope.

Guys better hurry and run! And the shield generator ain't working? Uh oh... bad news there! :D Well, something has to fail.

AP4EVER: Time to vamoose, as they say! Yep. :)

It's great to see A&P together at last, though I should've said that in my last post, but who cares, they're together that's all that matters to me. And they're on the run, but where to? Can't wait to find out! You'll find out soon. Soon, but not to soon. :D

And as I always say, can't wait to read more! There will be a post today as soon as i get back to the computer.

P.S. I've just started Summer Classes, so don't be surprized if I don't discover a new post within an hour of its posting. Thanks for the heads up. :) good luck on the summer classes.

2. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Kenshin sat on a rock the size of a seat, looking out at the stars. He thought of how space was vast with many planets, moons, people, and cultures. Yet space was cold, and airless. Kenshin shivered in the cold night air, his eyes red from crying and his face streaked with dry tears.

Closing his eyes he drew the Force to him like a blanket and then looked back at the stars. "I can't go on by myself. Everyone who could help me is dead. Master Yoda's words of wisdom do nothing to settle my mind and soul. Trust is hard and makes it difficult to make friends. My secrets and talents are kept hidden, buried till the time is right. My gift is difficult to handle, especially when I lose control of my emotions, like anger. Those who know of the gift fear me. The few who could face me without fear, because they knew me, are now one with the Force."

Kenshin sighed and looked at the moon, which was glowing with a reddish tint. "My father understood and taught me to be calm and in control of my gift. His presence reassured me through difficult times and kept me anchored. Now that he is gone, who can I turn to?"

He stood up and headed back up the path to the Temple. Perhaps I am meant to walk alone.

~*~*~

Anakin swore in Huttese as another squadron of fighters exited hyperspace. "Have you got the hyperspace coordinates set in yet?" He asked Maya.

"Look, do you want these guys following us?" Maya asked, receiving a brief glare from Anakin.

"Just punch in the coordinates!" Anakin hissed as a torpedo made it halfway past the rear shields.

Padme placed her cool hands on Anakin's shoulders. "Relax and stop worrying."

"Who says I'm worrying?" Anakin snapped back.

"I do, now relax." Padme retorted.

Anakin took a few refreshing breaths, and with hesitation, reached out to the Force. Drawing on his anger was the only way he knew how to utilize the Force. He felt the light beckon to him, yet he was still unsure how to reach out to it. Feeling the ship shudder again, Anakin reached for the Dark Side and let his anger at the Sith fill him.

~*~*~

Yoda hobbled along into a secluded garden at the very edge of the Temple and found Qui-Gon meditating under a tree. "Avoid me you will not."

Qui-Gon opened his eyes as Yoda sat on a moss-covered rock right across from him. "I have nothing to say."

Yoda gave a soft grunt. "Much on your mind you have. Like a ghost you have become. Blame yourself you must not."

Qui-Gon looked briefly at Yoda's wizened, green face and then gazed past him at something unseen. "We've had this discussion before and it's not going to change my feelings on the matter, no matter how many times you bring the subject up."

Yoda poked Qui-Gon's leg with his gimmer stick. "Stubborn you are being. Good for you and Kenshin it is not."

Qui-Gon glared at Yoda at the mention of Kenshin's name. "No, I don't want to train him. I told you before, the answer is no!"

"Needs a Master he does. Best candidate you are." Yoda answered.

"He has too much anger inside of him. I can't train him." Qui-Gon told Yoda in a hard voice.

"Can't or won't?" Yoda shook his head slowly in disappointment. "Much you can do if let go of the past you will."

Qui-Gon watched Yoda leave, unmoved by Yoda's words. Unknown to Qui-Gon and Yoda, a third party was witness to the conversation.

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    And it probably was Kenshin too :(

Qui can't help but be reminiscent of the past :( he doesn't want to make the same mistake again, but one has to take the time to see if that happens. One never knows until you try. He's cautious..too cautious sometimes.

:D Angst here! Poor Anakin too :( not knowing how to grasp the light :(

4. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Poor Qui-Gon, he no doubt blames himself for Obi-Wan's 'turning' to the Darkside, and maybe even for Xanatos' comatose state.

Who wouldn't be discourage after those events happended to you? I always figured Qui-Gon to be more optimistic than the average Jedi Master, but I guess even he has his limits.

And I see that Anakin may be becoming more influenced by the Light. At this point of course it's only confusing him, but I feel that he'll soon embrace it.

An intriguing post to say the least, I await the next! :D

5. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Kynstar: And it probably was Kenshin too :D

Qui can't help but be reminiscent of the past he doesn't want to make the same mistake again, but one has to take the time to see if that happens. One never knows until you try. He's cautious..too cautious sometimes. and it is this catiousness that is going to cause problems.

Angst here! Poor Anakin too not knowing how to grasp the light It is so simple, yet he doesn't realize it.

AP4EVER: Poor Qui-Gon, he no doubt blames himself for Obi-Wan's 'turning' to the Darkside, and maybe even for Xanatos' comatose state. Indeed he does.

Who wouldn't be discourage after those events happended to you? I always figured Qui-Gon to be more optimistic than the average Jedi Master, but I guess even he has his limits. Everyone has limits, that's for sure.

And I see that Anakin may be becoming more influenced by the Light. At this point of course it's only confusing him, but I feel that he'll soon embrace it. :D

An intriguing post to say the least, I await the next! Thanks. The next post will be on Monday. :)

6. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    The ship shook again as a torpedo impacted a weakened area of the shields.

"Shields are down to thirty percent." Maya informed Anakin.

Anakin shifted in his seat and coaxed the engines to increase speed.

"Why can't we go to hyperspace?" Padme asked, her eyes betraying her concern and worry.

"The last hit scrambled the hyperdrive data. I'm going to have to restart the sequence." Maya informed her.

Anakin?s eyes grew wide as everything suddenly seemed brighter and clearer than before. Warmth filled him and he felt better than he had in a long time. Grasping the controls firmly in his hands, he made a loop and a sharp turn to the left to throw off a fighter on their tail.

The thrill of flying filled him as much as when he had raced pods. Before things had changed. Before the Sith and Jedi had come. Before his mom had died.

Anakin shook off the painful memories and focused his attention on evading enemy fire.

~*~*~

Kitster yanked his hand back as a spark stung him. "Stang!" he shouted, causing Threepio to look at him.

"Are you all right, sir?" Threepio asked.

Kitster held his injured hand to himself and hissed back a reply. "I'm fine! Now let's get these shields fixed."

"Hey!" Drengin shouted, startling Kitster as he stuck the hyperwrench into the opening in the wall. He missed his intended target, got zapped again and dropped the wrench onto the floor.

"What?" Kitster snapped in annoyance.

Drengin ran over to Kitster and pointed at a control panel on the other side of the engine room. "You can reroute the wires over there. This panel only houses the breakers."

"And how do you know that? The rerouters and breakers are most often in the same place."

Drengin shook his head. "Not on Anakin's ship they're not."

Kitster glared at Threepio. "You didn't care to tell me this?"

"You didn't ask, Master Kitster." Threepio answered.

Drengin walked away from them to the control panel and opened a side panel. "Artoo, you can reach the shield rerouters from here."

Artoo whistled in reply, rolling the rest of the way into the room and stuck his mechanical arm into the opening.

Threepio spotted the astromech droid and waved his arms in protest. "What do you think your doing? You're not permitted in here." Threepio protested.

The droid whistled a sharp reply and Threepio jerked back in response. "I beg your pardon!"

"Leave him alone, Threepio," Drengin replied. "Go to your workstation."

Kitster shook his head, a smile of amusement on his lips.

~*~*~

Anakin destroyed another enemy fighter only to discover two fighters tailing him. "How many fighters are left?"

Maya looked at the information scrolling down on her screen before giving him an answer. "Fifteen."

The two fighters behind Anakin's ship suddenly erupted into two flaming fireballs and the comm crackled to life.

"Nev-Kwellen here and ready to help."

Anakin's eyes widened his surprise as he clicked a button to reply. "Nev-Kwellen? What are you doing here?"

"You sure sent the Council in an uproar when you left Anakin. I figured you were going to need some support."

Anakin narrowed his eyes as he carefully probed Nev-Kwellen's shielded mind. "How do I know that you weren't sent by your Master to retrieve me?"

"Come now Anakin, have I ever done anything to make you distrust me?"

"Well no." Anakin admitted as he quickly turned to starboard to avoid another fighter and blast one in his path.

"Then we don't have a problem." Nev-Kwellen responded as he fired a volley of shots into an incoming fighter.

"Fine then. However, if I suspect you're up to something, don't think that you can get away with it." Anakin told him warningly.

"Point taken. Now are we going to take care of the rest of these fighters or get out of here?"

Anakin looked briefly at Maya, who nodded.

"I finished re-sequencing the hyperdrive vectors. I'm sending you a copy." Maya informed Anakin and Nev-Kwellen.

"I'll keep the fighters off your tail as you make the jump. I'll meet you at the last hyperspace jump.

7. AP4EVER

May 23, 2005
    I do believe Kitster was having more than one of those, what I call, 'Han Solo moments' here. Especially with 3PO giving him a migraine [face_laugh]

But we still have no idea where the group is heading. Is it to the hidden Jedi Temple? Somehow I doubt that, now that they have a Sith on their tail, even though he 'claims' to be helping...(cough) BS (cough) excuse me (clears throat) ;)

Another great post, can't wait to see what happens next! :D

8. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    =D=

I just discovered this story and it is absolutely great! I started with part 1 and once I started I just couldnt stop reading.

=D=

9. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    AP4EVER: I do believe Kitster was having more than one of those, what I call, 'Han Solo moments' here. Especially with 3PO giving him a migraine He sure was. :)

But we still have no idea where the group is heading. Is it to the hidden Jedi Temple? Somehow I doubt that, now that they have a Sith on their tail, even though he 'claims' to be helping...(cough) BS (cough) excuse me (clears throat) :)

Another great post, can't wait to see what happens next! Thanks.

Grand_Admiral_Grant: I just discovered this story and it is absolutely great! I started with part 1 and once I started I just couldnt stop reading. Welcome! [:D] I am glad you are enjoing this series. :)

10. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
  11. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Aalto placed the small floor panel back in its spot and looked up from where he was sitting in the direction of the cabins. With a heartfelt sigh, he wiped the sweat off his forehead and placed the tools back into a rectangular box.

The cooling unit had broken down for some, yet unknown, reason. Yet another thing on his list that needed to be repaired.

"Master, I found something!" A young voice shouted above the roar of the rain.

Aalto, drenched completely by the rain, walked over to his padawan and bent down to see what his young apprentice had found. Picking it up, he examined it in his hand and probed it with the Force. "It's a lightsaber crystal."

"Then we're getting closer?" his Padawan inquired.

Suddenly uneasy, Aalto stood and nodded. "We are," he confirmed as they walked down an alley and into an abandoned building. His senses screamed of a trap as they went further and further into the building.

His padawan began to fidget noticeably and Aalto noticed that his padawan's hand was drifting close to his lightsaber.

His padawan stepped on a rotting board with a loud creak and, before he could react, the whole floor caved in.

The memory stopped Aalto in his tracks and he leaned on the bulkhead for support. He closed his eyes as the memory continued.

Aalto stood up, still shaken by the fall and looked around for his apprentice. Reassurance filled his bond as his padawan stood up and smiled crookedly. "That was fun!"

Shaking his head, Aalto allowed a small grin to appear. "And I'll have white hair before I'm forty." He answered teasingly before turning serious. "Are you okay, Kason?"

Kason nodded. "Just a few bumps and bruises."

Aalto looked up to see the gaping hole that had once been a whole floor. "We're going to have to find another way out." He said, looking back at Kason, who was peering through a small hole he found in the wall. "What do you see?"

Kason looked up at his Master, his face pale. "We found them."

Aalto carefully made his way across the debris-strewn floor and knelt down to look through the hole. Sure enough, there was Master Traek and padawan Crey chained to the wall. Their skin was a sickly yellow-green with blood dripping down to the floor from their wrists.

Aalto looked away quickly and took a calming breath. "It's a trap and we're running out of time."

Kason bit his bottom lip before responding. "The Force is unsettled. Perhaps one of us should sneak in while the other guards?"

"It's risky." Aalto answered. "Especially since we don't have a planned escape route."

Kason looked at his Master with a crooked grin. "Is anything ever planned?"

Aalto didn't get to respond as Kason began to squeeze himself through the hole in the wall.

"You may want to enlarge the opening." Kason grunted as he pushed himself through.

"Don't get cocky, padawan." Aalto responded with a tiny glimmer of a smile. Pushing his unease aside, he began to enlarge the opening with his lightsaber.

Aalto was halfway finished when there was a sound behind him. Turning quickly and withdrawing his lightsaber, he faced the being behind him.

"I thought I smelled a rat in here." The being snickered before throwing off his black cloak.

Taking a defensive stance, Aalto eyed the being warily. "I see no rats in here."

The being cackled as he unhooked and ignited his scarlet blade. "Then what do you see?"

"Bantha dung." Aalto replied.

Roaring with outrage, the Sith charged at Aalto and was swiftly blocked and kicked backwards.

Aalto moved away from the wall so that he would have more maneuverability and eyed the Sith with a sharp gaze. "Got you mad, did I?"

The Sith hissed and swung his lightsaber at Aalto's side.

Leaping up, Aalto narrowly missed the blade and used his feet to push himself through the air with a flip and land behind the Sith.

Turning around at the same time, their lightsabers locked against each other, each pressing to get the upper hand. Their blades sizzled and sparked as the pressure from the two combatants built, neithe

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay they're gonna get away! [face_dancing]

Oh I also am liking the reminiscing of Aalto there :)

13. AP4EVER

May 23, 2005
    "I thought I smelled a rat in here." The being snickered before throwing off his black cloak.

Taking a defensive stance, Aalto eyed the being warily. "I see no rats in here."

The being cackled as he unhooked and ignited his scarlet blade. "Then what do you see?"

"Bantha dung." Aalto replied.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Nice!

Good work! Can't wait for more! :D

14. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Kynstar: Yay they're gonna get away! Yep. :)

Oh I also am liking the reminiscing of Aalto there I'm glad.

AP4EVER: Nice! Got to have some humor :D

Good work! Can't wait for more! Thank you. More on Monday.

15. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Maya took over the controls as Anakin left the cockpit and Padme settled into the copilot seat.

"I'm sure you had good reasons for defying my orders." Padme remarked.

Maya nodded and looked at Padme. "Of course I did. After we faked your death, events came up that totally messed with your plans, so I improvised."

"You mean you gambled." Padme commented knowingly. "You know, sometimes I wonder if you're Force-sensitive."

Maya smiled and shook her head. "If I was then I wouldn't be here."

"True." Padme admitted. "So tell me what happened while I was gone."

Maya nodded and began.

~*~*~

Kenshin walked through the deserted halls of the temple, pacing up and down the stairs with no destination in mind. The conversation he had overheard still echoing in his mind.

"No, I don't want to train him. I told you before, the answer is no."

"Needs a Master he does. Best candidate you are." Yoda answered.

"He has too much anger inside of him. I can't train him." Qui-Gon told Yoda in a hard voice.

Clenching his hands into fists, Kenshin struggled to calm himself and gain control over his emotions. and you don't think I know that? He replied to the echo of the conversation.

"Hey Kenshin!" Tru called, coming down the purple-carpeted stairs. "You're up late."

Kenshin smirked. "So are you."

"Well, I guess there's always someone up late." Tru replied.

"Perhaps." Kenshin agreed.

"Do you want to take a spin in the asteroid belt?" Tru asked.

Kenshin raised an inquiring eyebrow. "Now?"

"No, later." Tru answered, rolling his eyes. "Yes, now. Besides, I owe you after I interrupted your meeting."

Kenshin grunted softly. "Yes, you do. So what ship are we going to borrow?"

"My Master said that we can take his ship, provided that we don't scratch it up." Tru answered with a grin.

"I'm assuming he also alerted the night shift deck officer." Kenshin asked as he walked after Tru.

"Yep. Do you want to fly?" Tru asked, glancing back briefly at Kenshin.

Kenshin gave a stiff smile as Tru glanced at him. "Is that even a question?"

"No, not with you." Tru replied, turning to the left and opening the door to the docking bay.

~*~*~

Drengin patted Artoo's domed head and looked at Kitster. "Did you bring Artoo with us? I don't remember seeing him before."

"Artoo belongs to Queen Amidala." Kitster informed Drengin.

Drengin frowned. "I thought Queen Amidala was dead?" When Kitster gave him an incredulous look, Drengin explained. "You said belongs instead of belonged."

"Well, she is actually alive." Kitster told him, wondering how a child of Drengin's age could grasp things so fast.

"Then why does Anakin believe she's dead?" Drengin asked, confusion written on his face.

"Do you always ask a lot of questions?" Kitster inquired.

Drengin crossed is arms over his chest and looked expressionlessly at Kitster. "You're not answering my question."

"Why don't you ask Anakin, then?" Kitster replied, just as he felt the ship launch into hyperspace.

"I'm not asking Anakin, I'm asking you." Drengin responded, eyes narrowing.

"Padme made a decision to help protect her people and she devised a plan to make herself disappear." Kitster answered as simply as possible.

"Why does Queen Amidala have another name?" Drengin questioned.

"Padme is her birth name. Amidala is the name that was given to her when she was elected Queen." Kitster explained.

"Why did they change her name?" Drengin asked curiously.

Kitster shrugged his shoulders. "They have done that for thousands of years, Drengin. I guess it's a tradition."

"Why would anyone want to change their name?" Drengin continued.

"Because the meaning of names affect the way people look at you and is a kind of protection." Anakin explained, entering the room.

Drengin smiled and turned to look at Anakin. "Guess what? I found a droid wandering around the ship and his number says R2-D2. Kitster says that Artoo belongs to Queen Amidala and he also said that she is alive."
    Drengin

16. AP4EVER

May 23, 2005
    [face_laugh] Hey kids are chatterboxes when it comes to questions, especially "why?" questions. And if you're stuck in one of these endless cycles, one of the best ways to make them stop, besides bribing them, is to one long-winded answer. That way they'll become bored and will eventually leave you alone.

Another great post, can't wait to read more! :D

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I enjoyed the questioning bit as well :D Great work!

18. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    AP4EVER: Hey kids are chatterboxes when it comes to questions, especially "why?" questions. And if you're stuck in one of these endless cycles, one of the best ways to make them stop, besides bribing them, is to one long-winded answer. That way they'll become bored and will eventually leave you alone. To bad Kitster doesn't know that :D

Another great post, can't wait to read more! Thanks. More on Thursday.

Kynstar: I enjoyed the questioning bit as well Great work! Thanks. That part was fun to do. :)

19. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Tru closed his eyes tightly as Kenshin narrowly missed an asteroid as big as the ship that had been hurdling toward them.

Kenshin grinned as he dived, then veered off to the side and skimmed large asteroids by a hairsbreath.

Tru slowly opened his eyes to see an asteroid no bigger than a training remote coming straight at them. "Kenshin, are you trying to get us killed?" he asked, just as Kenshin blasted the asteroid to a million pieces that pinged harmlessly off the ship's shield.

"I know what I'm doing." Kenshin remarked, unfazed by Tru's words. "Besides, it was your idea."

"I meant that we skim the asteroid field, not go through it." Tru pointed out, using the Force to calm himself.

"Now, where's the fun in that?" Kenshin asked, as he flew to a large asteroid, which was permeated with numerous caverns.

Tru licked his dry lips and swallowed hard as Kenshin navigated straight through an asteroid. "It's not that I don't respect your abilities, but it's just that some people can't handle this kind of flying."

"The more daring the pilot, the less likely he'll be killed in a space battle." Kenshin stated.

"Well, we're not in a space battle right now, so I don't see why." Tru's voice trailed off as they caught sight of something gleaming in the niche of a large asteroid.

Kenshin stretched out with the Force and, to his surprise, sensed a life signature.

"It's a downed ship." Tru observed as he checked the readouts that were coming in from Kenshin's scan.

"Well, so much for our stroll through the asteroid field." Kenshin remarked, reducing the ship's speed as they neared the asteroid and the downed ship.

Tru swallowed back a retort and, instead, worked on trying to contact the downed ship. "This is the Starry Blaze. We are coming to your assistance. Do you copy?" A minute passed with no response. "This is the Starry Blaze, do you copy?"

"The hatch looks intact. Once we dock, I'll enter the ship while you wait here. I don't want to risk getting us hit by a wayward asteroid." Kenshin told Tru as the downed ship loomed even closer.

"Sounds good." Tru agreed. "I'll contact my Master and tell him what's going on."

Kenshin raised an eyebrow. "He's probably asleep and morning is only a few hours away."

"Point taken, but I'll contact him anyway." Tru responded.

Kenshin rolled his eyes and finished docking the two ships. "I'll contact you once I find the survivor and give you an update."

"Sounds good to me." Tru replied as he felt the ship click to the hatch on the other ship.

Kenshin let Tru take the pilot's seat and headed out of the cockpit, checking to make sure his lightsaber was secure on his belt.

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Exactly my thoughts kid! What fun is it juz to skirt? Go thru! [face_dancing]

Uh oh... the ship could be trouble. Can't wait to see what lies within! :D

21. AP4EVER

May 23, 2005
    Uh oh, what or who is in that ship? Friend or foe? I guess we'll soon find out.

"Kenshin, are you trying to get us killed?""I meant that we skim the asteroid field, not go through it." Tru pointed out, using the Force to calm himself.

"Now, where's the fun in that?" Kenshin asked

Indeed![face_laugh] I have a feeling that he and Anakin will get along pretty well.;)

Can't wait to read more![face_laugh]

22. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Kynstar: Exactly my thoughts kid! What fun is it juz to skirt? Go thru! Of course. :)

Uh oh... the ship could be trouble. Can't wait to see what lies within! :D

AP4EVER: Uh oh, what or who is in that ship? Friend or foe? I guess we'll soon find out. Yep. [face_whistling]

Indeed! I have a feeling that he and Anakin will get along pretty well. Yes they would, would they? [face_whistling]

Can't wait to read more! More on Monday. :)

23. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Five hours later

Entering the cargobay, Padme found Anakin and a young boy doing Force exercises in the far right corner of the room. The boy looked no more than six years old and of an unfamiliar species. When the boy looked up in her direction, she noticed that his brown eyes seemed to shimmer like a stream. She smiled at him as she approached. "So, who's your friend, Anakin?" She inquired.

Anakin turned to look up at Padme and gestured for her to sit. "Padme, this is Drengin. Drengin, this is Padme."

"It's nice to meet you, Drengin." Padme responded.

Drengin glanced uncertainly at Anakin for a moment before he looked back at Padme. "Hi. Are you going to help us find my Master?"

Padme raised a questioning eyebrow at Anakin, who was fiddling with a palm-size ball as he responded. "Drengin's Master left the Temple to go back to the Jedi."

"One of the three renegade apprentices?" Padme asked.

"Is that what they are called?" Anakin asked, feeling a bit defensive.

Padme nodded. "That's what my sources tell me."

"Yes, he was one of the three." Anakin confirmed.

Padme pursed her lips for a few moments before relaxing into a small smile. "Drengin, can you let Anakin and I talk in private for a couple of minutes?"

"No, I want to stay." Drengin responded, crossing his arms.

"Go on, Drengin. Why don't you get a drink of water to refresh yourself?" Anakin persuaded.

Drengin pouted, upset at not being unable to listen to their conversation and left the room sulking.

Anakin shook his head as he heard the door slide shut behind Drengin and focused his attention on Padme.

"I didn't want to upset him with what I have to say." Padme explained. "The Jedi have a strict policy regarding those who leave the order. Most likely to provide more security. One of these policies forbids an apprentices' re-entry into the order if they leave and join the Sith. If they are to return however, they will be taken prisoner, judged, and punished."

"Sounds like the Sith Council to me." Anakin snorted.

"Perhaps, but the difference is that they don't have a death penalty." Padme informed him.

Anakin ran his hand through his hair in thought. "So, what are you trying to say?"

"Any prisoners are dead within two weeks before they receive their sentence." Padme said seriously.

"You said there was no death penalty."

"There isn't. According to the information I managed to retrieve, this detail seems to be a fact."

Anakin shook his head in disbelief. "Then why do they die?"

Padme shrugged. "I have no clue. That part of the information is classified."

The room was silent for several minutes before Anakin spoke again. "Where is the Jedi Temple?"

Padme stared at him incredulously. "Did you not hear a word I just said?"

"I did, and I feel that time is running out." Anakin replied, looking straight into her chocolate brown eyes.

"They will take you prisoner."

"They'll have to find me first." Anakin retorted, a smirk spreading across his face.

Padme frowned and stood up. "It is too dangerous."

Anakin smiled as he stood. "And you wanting to infiltrate the Sith Temple was not?"

"I suppose." Padme admitted. "Regardless of how dangerous it is, I still won't tell you where the Temple is."

"Why not?" Anakin asked puzzled.

A faint smile tugged on Padme's lips as she spoke. "I'm not supposed to know where their Temple is."

"But you do know?"

"Yes." Padme answered.

"Then tell me." Anakin persisted.

"They'll arrest you if they find you, Anakin, even if you ask to see the Council."

"You don't know that."

Padme spoke with firm resolve. "I won't let you go to the Jedi Temple, Anakin. Think of what it would do to Drengin if you are arrested."

"He'll get over it. Besides, I won't let myself be arrested for long."

"Anakin, he is a little kid. He may seem to be able to handle it but he's still a child."

"You don't even know him." Anakin remarked and headed for the door.

Padme watched the door slide shut behind him and sighed. "This is still a bad idea."

24. AP4EVER

May 23, 2005
    Drengin pouted, upset at not being able to listen to their conversation and left the room sulking.

That's another thing about kids. Regardless of whether or not they're interested in the conversation, they want to be around...'just in case' some say. Little devils.[face_devil]

So Padme knows the location of the Temple, but won't cough up the beans, huh? I guess Anakin will have to use a little...persuasion.;) Now where did I leave my Marvin Gaye CD?

But now I'm wondering, what happened to that other sith? The one that's there to 'help' them. God help me, I can't remember his name, except that he's the bully. Quite frankly, I hope he'll be...disposed of pretty soon.[face_mischief]

Another great post! My thirst has only intensified, can't wait for more!:D

25. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    AP4EVER: That's another thing about kids. Regardless of whether or not they're interested in the conversation, they want to be around...'just in case' some say. Little devils. :) Well, you could say that Drengin is attached to Anakin.

So Padme knows the location of the Temple, but won't cough up the beans, huh? I guess Anakin will have to use a little...persuasion. Now where did I leave my Marvin Gaye CD? Oh, Anakin will find a way. ;)

But now I'm wondering, what happened to that other sith? The one that's there to 'help' them. God help me, I can't remember his name, except that he's the bully. Quite frankly, I hope he'll be...disposed of pretty soon. You'll find out soon. :D

Another great post! My thirst has only intensified, can't wait for more! Thank you. It gets better with every new post. :D Next post will be on Thursday.

Edit: Can't spell. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.