main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga TURNABOUT (Sidious/Palpatine-spoilerish angst vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SkalenFehl, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Title: Turnabout
    Author: SkalenFehl
    Genre: Vignette-Angst
    Characters: Darth Sidious/Palpatine
    Notes: This story is based on Senator Palpatine's discussion with Anakin as they sat in Palpatine's private skybox at the Galaxies Opera House during a Mon Calamari performance in Episode Three, Revenge of the Sith.

Darth Sidious stood in the dimness of his master?s bedroom staring into the night. Statues and obscure idols barely cast shadows on the walls of figures long gone who possessed secrets, dark wisdom, and knowledge.

For centuries the Sith have existed in pairs, a master and an apprentice. The apprentice succeeded the master and the new Sith Lord took on an apprentice. Palpatine?s master possessed a brilliant mind and a hunger for knowledge and unlimited power. He had even discovered the key to manipulating midichlorians to create life. He had passed on all his knowledge to Lord Sidious, who had served him faithfully until now.

Sidious had discovered a holocron that his master had kept secretly, which revealed a most interesting piece of information. His master had found a way to turn his discovery into reality. Though the information was vague at best, not meant to be shared, Sidious had learned that his master had applied his knowledge to create the perfect apprentice to perpetuate the legacy of the Sith. He had created life, a male with a most exceptionally high midichlorian count.

Only now did Sidious realize the most important lesson that his master had inadvertently taught him: Deception. With a boy about to be born somewhere in the galaxy, stronger in the force than any Jedi or Sith has ever seen, it either meant that he would be replaced or that this new candidate would become a gift to him as his own apprentice. Either way it no longer mattered. He gazed upon his master who slept peacefully. Defeating the chamber guards and gaining entry was all too easy. With quiet admiration he smiled.

?Only two. No more, no less. You have taught me well, Lord Plagueis, thank you. I will not let you down.?

With one swift motion, Sidious pulled out his lightsaber, ignited it, and in a bright red flash of light brought an end to his mentor.

?Now I am the master!?

---

Sidious gazed across the view port at the countless stars that streaked past his shuttle as he traveled back home to Naboo. His patience and quiet persistence had finally paid off. Though he had been turned down repeatedly as a young politician for office, he had finally received his appointment as a member of the Royal Advisory Council. Everything was falling into place. He then thought about his future apprentice.

?He will be discovered, no doubt, by the Jedi. They will train him, mold him, and teach him the ways of the force. Then I will complete his training and he will serve me! I will rule the galaxy and none shall dare defy me!?

His laughter echoed throughout the shuttle as it slowed to sub light speed. He saw Naboo from his cockpit and sneered. He spoke again, aloud, as though addressing it?s inhabitants, the Senate, and the rest of the galaxy.

?Fools! Not only will I take control of the government, but you will also give it to me willingly! I will turn you all against yourselves and save you from your own stupidity! I will be your savior and you will love me! I will rule you and you will become my empire!?

He smiled with great satisfaction and began making preparations to land and meet his fellow delegates who waited with open arms.

2. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Excellent viggie, SkalenFehl. You really cut to the heart of his character.

I will turn you all against yourselves and save you from your own stupidity! I will be your savior and you will love me!

This gave me chills. Palpatine was truly a master manipulator.

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That is a wonderful viggie. Certainly shows us the creepy and very knowledgable manipulator he'd become. Master of deception indeed. That was great!

4. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    I can just imagine a few politicians now who would say the same things about government!!

Enjoyable and really readable!

5. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Gina: Hi Gina! Thank you for your compliment. Yes, Palpatine was a master manipulator. He knew how to appear ever so meek and defenseless, even at the last moment before defeating Mace Windu in the movie.

Healer_Leona: Palpatine was very knowledgable and deceptive. I really enjoyed watching him weave his lies throughout the trilogy and especially in ROTS. I always knew that he was Sidious. Thank you for your compliment.

cdmcc: I agree and I think George Lucas does too. He's made it very obvious in his trilogy, especially ROTS. Personally I saw it in Obi-Wan's words to Anakin before they dueled, "My loyalty is to the Republic, to Democracy!"

Thanks for reading and commenting.

6. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Wow . . . sure shows how evil Palpatine is . . .

KT

7. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Palpatine epitomized evil. Thanks for reading KT. :D

8. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Excellent Vig. I like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.