main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Turning back the hands of time (Anakin travels back in time & meets Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kenobism, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenobism

Kenobism Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Hi there!

I've written a story and thought it might be a nice idea to post it here.
    Here goes...

Working title: Turning back the hands of time prologue/?
    Disclaimer: Do I even have to say it? Everything except the plot belongs to Mr. Lucas. I?m not making any money with this story.
    A/N : This story was inspired by the fanart made by JediObi called ?What if Obi-Wan and Anakin somehow wound up fighting side by side as apprentices?? It can be found here: www.kagai.net/ja/pic1.jpg
    Rating : PG
    Timeline : 8 years before TPM
    Summary : A teenaged Anakin Skywalker is sent back in time because of a freak accident. Now, he has to deal with a 17-year-old Obi-Wan, a very-much-alive Qui-Gon and the problem of how to get back to his own time.

~*~*~*~

A factory on the second moon of Ryapath, one year before `Attack of the clones´

?Anakin! Get down!?
    A flash of white-hot energy crackled at the back of Anakin Skywalker?s neck as the teen dove to the floor, heeding his master?s warning. That had been too close for comfort, the Padawan thought as he rolled forwards into a defensive stance. ?Thanks, Master!? He hollered, but Obi-Wan Kenobi, youngest Jedi master in recent history, was already preoccupied with his next opponent. `The man is so focused that it borders on the scary side,´ Anakin thought with a wry grin, then reactivated his own lightsaber and joined the battle once more.
    As usual, it had all started out as a boring standard mission which had quickly taken a turn for the worse when the peace negotiations had been interrupted by an angry mob. From that point on everything had gone downhill: the public representatives had panicked and their private armies had rushed in to fight down the mob, who had in turn been joined by the terrified citizens. In short: all hell broke loose and caught in its epicentrum were the two Jedi.
    ?Anakin!? His master?s cultivated voice warned him once more over their ? admittedly shaky ? Master-Padawan-bond. ?Two more of them coming in on your right side! Focus on the here and now!?
    ?Yeah?? Anakin grumbled through gritted teeth, ?I?m focusing, I?m focusing??
    Several blaster bolts swished past his head, missing Anakin?s nose barely by an inch before the teen deflected them with his lightsaber, all the while mumbling under his breath. ?Focus on the here and now, he says. That?s rich coming from Mr. Living-Force himself??
    A force push and several wild slashes later Anakin had finally disposed of his attackers, only to be driven into a corner by another group of them who had somehow managed to sneak startlingly close to the young Jedi. In mere seconds several options raced through the teen?s head, only to be dismissed as impossible in his current situation. A force-leap over his adversaries was out of the question since the ceiling barely reached their heads and attacking them with his lightsaber was also impossible as Obi-Wan surely wouldn?t approve if any of them got injured or worse. What was he to do? Gripping the hilt of his weapon more tightly, Anakin finally decided on a risky manoeuvre as suddenly the ground beneath his feet started shaking. ?What the..?? He started and stumbled backwards, loosing his footing.

?Anakin!?
    Obi-Wan Kenobi was not happy. His wayward apprentice had obviously found a way to get into trouble again. Pushing his attackers away with an almost careless gesture the Jedi turned on his heels and darted towards his Padawan. To get him out of the mess. Once again.
    ?Master?? Anakin?s voice was slightly muffled by the chaos that exploded around him and Obi-Wan sensed a slight feeling of panic in the teen. Sending reassurance and confidence over their bond, he doubled his efforts, somersaulting over the last obstacle and landing gracefully only a few feet away from Anakin.
    ?Hold on, Ani! Just steady yourself somehow!? Obi-Wan screamed over the sound of overheating machines and hissing flames. ?I?m coming!?
    That, however, was more easily said than

2. Kenobism

May 19, 2002
    OMG! What a response! ;)
    Anyway, here's chapter 01! Enjoy (in case anybody's reading this at all ;) )

Turning back the hands of time ? Chapter 01/??: The wheels of time

A factory on the second moon of Ryapath, eight years before `The Phantom Menace ´

Pain. Horrible pounding pain inside his head and behind the back of his eyes. Or maybe a group of Hutts dancing Salsa inside his head.
    Anakin Skywalker, the famous Chosen One, had the mother of all headaches. He moaned softly and carefully opted to open a heavy eyelid. He was?still in the factory. Everything was bathed in blessed silence safe for the soothing humming of the new, polished machines which worked contently. Artificial light painted sharp shadows on the tidy floor making him wince at the unexpected brightness.
    ?Ooooh?,? Anakin tentatively ran a hand through his hair checking for a head injury. Everything felt just fine. Except for the pounding, that is. Pounding that got louder? That approached?
    Raising his head carefully Anakin took in his surroundings a bit more closely only to be interrupted by something warm and heavy that collided with his body.
    ?Ooof!?
    ?Sith!?
    He went down in a tangle of arms and legs, then battle-honed reflexes snapped into place and Anakin slid into a fighting stance ready to face his new opponent who had adopted the very same pose. Now both stood, facing each other with equally puzzled expressions on their faces.
    Anakin furrowed his brows. He had expected a soldier or a member of the mob instead of a young Jedi Padawan, just like himself. Looking eerily familiar his opponent had bright blue-green eyes and a mop of spiky light-brown hair. Clearly a Jedi Padawan?
    The other teen looked thoughtful for a moment, then a shy smile lit up his face. ?You?re the back-up, right? The council said they?d send someone.?
    That voice! Anakin nearly dropped his lightsaber in surprise as he stared open-mouthed at the other Jedi. He knew that voice better than anything else in his life! It had been this exact voice that had sealed his fate over a decade ago when it had promised him to train him as a Jedi no matter what the council might think of this decision. ?M-Master Obi-Wan?? he squeaked.
    Now it was the other Padawan?s turn to look surprised.

~~~

He was late. The tall, grey-haired man bit his lower lip pensively and sighed. It wasn?t like Obi-Wan to be late. Something must have delayed his charge. Maybe the boy was even in danger!
    Qui-Gon Jinn, master swordsman of the Jedi Order, was torn between the knowledge that his Padawan was a capable young man and the insecurities of a father fearing for his son. The rebels ? or `freedom fighters´ how they liked to call themselves ? had planned something in this factory, Qui-Gon was sure of that. But what? And what if Obi-Wan, with that uncanny ability of his to end up in the most unlikely situations, had walked right into the danger?
    Qui-Gon sighed once more and turned around as the fatherly part of him won the internal struggle. Quickening his pace he made his way to his Padawan, calling him over their training-bond.

~~~

?There?s a Master in the Order called Obi-Wan, as well?? That was the only explanation, Kenobi mused, as he studied the strange Jedi in front of him. Only he had never heard of any Jedi Master called Obi-Wan before?although it didn?t sound all too bad, he silently admitted.
    ?Wha-? Oh, no. I mean, yes.?
    Obi-Wan raised an eybrow. ?I?m not sure I can follow you.?
    ?No, there?s?it was just a misunderstanding, you know??
    Kenobi looked sceptical but let the comment pass. Maybe the strange Jedi had hit his head harder than he would like to admit. Better be careful. ?O.k.,? he breathed and adopted the serene stance that Qui-Gon would choose when negotiating with a difficult politician. ?So, you were sent by the Council, right? What?s your name?? And how do you know mine? Obi-Wan silently added.

Anakin barely bit back a smile. That was Obi-Wan Kenobi in front of him! His Mast

3. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
  4. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Yes,Obi is right.What is going to happen now.

I just found this and it's seemed to get funny.I like time-travel-stories.Funny ones all the more.

5. Jedi_Master_Kat

Jedi_Master_Kat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    Insolent brat LOL. The best part of that is that it fits Padawan Obi. Can't wait for more.

6. Kenobism

May 19, 2002
    Oh! How wonderful! Somebody IS reading this!
    *feels all warm and fuzzy inside and hugs you all* :D

Thanks a lot for your comments, I'm planning to put up Chapter 02 "The more things change, the more they stay the same" this evening/afternoon.
    See you soon :)

7. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I would have posted a comment earlier, but I like to lurk. This is a good story so far. I can't wait to read what happens next.

8. Kenobism

May 19, 2002
    Whoa! I was so busy watching AOTC that I forgot to update yesterday! In Yoda's words:
    Lost an update I have...how embarrassing! ;)
    I thank you all very much for your nice and encouraging comments. By the way, have you written any fanfics yourselves? Would you post the url's? I'd really like to read them, too :)

Anyway, here's Chapter 02 :)

Turning back the hands of time ? Chapter 02: The more things change, the more they stay the same

On the Jedi starship on the way back to Ryapath, 8 years before `The Phantom Menace´

The stars. Pale, tiny spots of light illuminating the vast blackness of space like glittering diamond set on black silk.
    Anakin Skywalker sighed contently. He had always marvelled at the fact how travelling in outer space calmed him down. It seemed as if the twinkling stars did for him, what countless hours of meditation couldn?t do: they soothed him, relaxing his ever-swirling emotions. It was here that Anakin could finally taste a bit of the famed Jedi calm he so desperately yearned. No matter where - or when - he was, the stars would always shine in one way or another, giving the troubled young man solace and hope and setting his mind at ease. Everything would turn out just fine.
    Anakin closed his eyes and trusted in the Force for once, tuning out the strained whispers of the other passengers of their little starship.

~*~*~

?Well?? Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi knew better than to let his curiosity get the best of him, but this time a feeling of great urgency ran through the young Jedi. ?What does it say, Master??
    Qui-Gon remained quiet. His keen, intelligent eyes were fixed on the screen of the onboard computer as the Jedi gently pressed the `repeat-button´. There had to be some mistake, he mused. Not even Yoda had?
    ?Master?? Obi-Wan insisted, raising his eyebrows expectantly.
    ?Nothing, my young Padawan. I?m repeating the process.?
    The eyebrows rose a bit higher, indicating the young man?s surprise. ?Is there something wrong with the system??
    Qui-Gon huffed. ?Must be. Let?s see what the second reading tells us.?
    They waited in complete silence for a while and listened to Anakin?s calm breathing from the next room. Finally a soft beep announced the end of the scan and the screen filled with columns of numbers.
    ?Sith! That?s impossible!? Kenobi?s mouth dropped. ?Not even Master Yoda has such a high Midichlorian count! It?s off the scale?,? he finished awestruck.
    Qui-Gon nodded pensively. ?That it is, Padawan, and I wonder what it means??
    Obi-Wan?s ears perked up at this and he studied his Master thoughtfully. ?What do you think it means, Master?? He finally asked.
    ?I?m not sure. The system could be defect but we both know that?s unlikely. I checked it before we started the mission,? The older Jedi trailed off, still fixing the screen with a far-away look on his face.
    ?Master, you have the look,? Kenobi pointed out. ?You suspect something.?
    ?How would you know that I?what do you mean by `the look´??
    ?You know,? Obi-Wan smiled, ?The one you always get when you?re about to defy the Council?s wishes??
    ?I don?t defy the Council?s wishes. I merely?reinterpret them. From a different point of view!?
    ?That?s just another way of saying that you?re defying them,? Obi-Wan insisted, earning a stern look from Qui-Gon.
    ?Are you doubting your Master, my young Padawan??
    The Padawan shook his head. ?No, Master Qui-Gon, I?m merely reinterpreting your answers. From a certain point of view.? Obi-Wan smiled then quickly dove for cover as an evil-grinning Qui-Gon reached for the nearest data-pad and threw it at his cocky Padawan.

~*~*~

Anakin felt a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth as he watched his venerable Master Obi-Wan being chased around the small cabin by the not-less-venerable Master Qui-Gon Jinn. Who would have thought that Obi-Wan had ever been so young inside? That he had ever allowed himself the freedom to be young? His Obi-Wan, the thirty-something version of h

9. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More! More!

10. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    great fic
    MORE

11. Jedi_Master_Kat

Jedi_Master_Kat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    'Jedi problem' That doesn't sound too good. Can't wait for the next post.

12. Kenobism

May 19, 2002
    I'm very very glad that you liked it so far :D
    Unfortunately I won't have any access to the internet until Tuesday. :(

So you can expect the next update then (and as soon as I have the time I WILL check out your stories. And leave my two cents ;) ).

I wish you all a good start into the coming week :)

13. kikeriki

kikeriki Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Hmm... very interesting concept you've got here! I can't wait to see what you do with it- it has great potential. :D

14. Kenobism

May 19, 2002
    Shamelessly "upping" my story while I'm frantically writing the next chapter. Beware! There will even be a plot! :eek: ;)

15. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Want some help with the "ups"?

16. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
  17. Kenobism

May 19, 2002
    I know, I know...I've been quite lazy with my updates but I had to write some tests. Better repress these uncomfortable thoughts quickly and post the new chapter ;)
    Thank you for bearing with me :)

~*~*~*~*~

Turning back the hands of time ? Chapter 04: Scratching the surface

On the Jedis? starship on their way back to Ryapath, 8 years before `The Phantom Menace´

?I?m from your future.?
    Silence. The small cabin was filled by the light sound of breathing, but otherwise the two Jedi in front of Anakin were virtually speechless.
    Anakin tried a cheery smile. ?Told you that you wouldn?t believe me.?
    Still there was no reaction. Both Master Qui-Gon Jinn and Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi stared at him wide-eyed. And blinked. Then both started speaking at the same time.
    ?We have to tell the Council!?
    ?We can?t tell the Council!?
    Once more the two Jedi looked at each other, starting to protest simultaneously only to be interrupted by Anakin?s hearty laughter.
    ?I swear,? The young Jedi smirked, ?I have no idea how you two ever got anything done. You?re worse than Obi-Wan and me!?
    ?I still can?t believe it,? Obi-Wan - ever the sceptic - shook his head, ?What are you doing here? In this time??
    ?And more importantly, how did you get here?? Qui-Gon?s calm voice interjected.
    Anakin looked pensive. ?I don?t know. Both of it, for that matter. We were on a mission, my Master and I ? right here on Ryapath?s moon. We were attending negotiations which took place in the factory where we met.? Raising his hands against the incredulous looks from the two Jedi, Anakin continued, ?The locals said something about the cultural value of the fabric. How it brought wealth to their planet and so forth. I certainly would have chosen a nicer place, but they insisted. Anyway, the negotiations were interrupted by a crazy mob. Panic broke out, we were fighting and then ? poof!?
    ?Poof?? Qui-Gon?s cultured voice inquired, as the Jedi Master raised his brows with a hint of amusement.
    Anakin shrugged. ?You know, `poof!´, `boom!´, whatever. There was an explosion, I think. I?m not sure. I was unconscious at the time.?
    Qui-Gon nodded in understanding. ?Where was your Master when it all happened??
    ?He tried to get to me but couldn?t,? For the first time fear clouded Anakin?s face, ?I don?t even know what happened to the factory. It could have been destroyed! He could be anywhere! Or even dead?? A cold feeling settled in the pit of his stomach as Anakin set his eyes on the young Obi-Wan sitting only a few feet away from him. They had the same eyes, this Obi-Wan and his own. Anakin swallowed hard as Qui-Gon put a soothing hand on his shoulder.
    ?There is nothing we can do right now, so let?s just hope for the best, hm?? The Jedi Master smiled down fatherly at Anakin, ?We?re talking about a Jedi Master here. Usually they have one or two tricks up their sleeves to get out of rough spots. It?s in our job description.?
    The young Jedi put on a brave smile and looked up at Qui-Gon, ?You know, slowly but surely I really get why he misses you so much.?

Sitting quietly in his chair Obi-Wan couldn?t help but feel uncomfortable. Why did thinking about the future suddenly feel scary?

~*~*~

On the planet of Ryapath

Although Ryapath was but a small planet on the Outer Rim its inhabitants were held in great respect by the Republic. Due to the planet?s unstable continents, volcanoes and earthquakes were an daily occurrence which had triggered an evolution of a very advanced kind of architecture.
    So in contrast to what most species expected the Ryapathians were far from primitive brutes, but sophisticated architects and seismologists whose knowledge was highly sought-after in the whole galaxy.

Second Speaker Adira of Clinamir stood proud as she looked out of the thick glass of her office-window into the harsh world outside. She had spent her whole life on Ryapath and had always believed in her planet. Now ? finally ? after endless struggl

18. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    I like your fic, cause I like the Idea of Anakin meeting Qui and Obi in the past.

It would surely do Anakin some good to be with them a while to get a new piont of view to things.

Will you let hime stay a while, please?

Perhaps this will stabilize hime to the light.

As for my fanfic, I'm writting on my first, too. I can give you the topic number, but I can't get it how to post a link, sorry.
    The nubmber is:9667170

Vadey

19. Kenobism

May 19, 2002
    Don't worry - I plan to keep Anakin around for a little while. ;)

In case any of you is interested in a little spoiler concerning my story: I have posted some kind of trailer over on the `Writer's recourse´-board.

You can find it here: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=3604701&page=11

20. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Hey there Kenobism

I followed the link in your signature from the AotC "Obi-Wan" board all the way to here!

Great beginning to a story! Wonderful idea to have Anakin and Obi-Wan be the same age and Qui-Gon be the Master! I sense interesting times ahead!

One request: please try to post regularly even if it's not very frequent? Please? It is sort-of off-putting if a story disappears for weeks or months. It's much better if it comes regularly, even if it's once a week or so. :)

21. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Does this "fabric" has something to do with a vortex or space/time continuim (that sounds sooo Trek)? If so, why do Iget the funny feeling that it is an integral part of the factory.

22. kikeriki

kikeriki Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Coool...

And don't worry about being lazy with updates - I am, too. :D I find it hypocritical to scold a fellow author TOO much for being just as indolent as I... although I may nag a little. :D :D

23. Kenobism

May 19, 2002
    forever_jedi Hey! Great to have you here! :D
    Of course I'll try to update as regularly as possible. Right now I can already tell that there will be many posts in the time during Christmas and New Year's Eve. In January I won't have too much time to write, however, since it's filled with exams and tests for me :_|

Padawan Kitara New reader! New reader! *singshappily*
    You're right, the factory will play an important role but I'm writing Star Wars here, not Star Trek (otherwise we'd see the repercussions in the future and the violation of the Prime Directive and...I'm getting a headache ;) )

kikeriki Lazy authors unite! :D As long as we both manage to actually end our stories everything will be o.k., I think. :)

24. Kenobism

May 19, 2002
    Ahem....UP! :D

By the way, kikeriki over on the writer's resource-board someone is looking for Palpatine stories. You won't mind if I mention your name, will you? ;)

25. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Just found this! Very intriguing, will be back for more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.