main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Turning Luke to the dark side...was it all really forced?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by MASTERJOEDA1974, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MASTERJOEDA1974

MASTERJOEDA1974 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Ok here's the deal.

In the original trilogy, Luke is wanted badly by his father and the Emperor. They want to turn him over to the darkside. Now is it just me or was it all forced a bit? Put it in this context. Palpatine OFFERED Anakin a reason to come to the darkside (to save Padme) plus he took his time trying to turn him. Luke on the other hand was given not a single reason to come over to the dark side, nothing other than if you don't we'll kill you yadda yadda. To me, after watching the Prequel Trilogy and all the work Palpatine put in to turn Anakin it seems only logical that he would have done the same, if not more to lure Luke. So why not then? If Lucas really had all this preplanned as he's so often said, then this would have been fleshed out better in the original trilogy. It just seems like in the original trilogy Palpatine was a bit lax in trying to get Luke to turn. What do you think?

2. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    Whats this gotta do with the PT?

3. SixEagle

SixEagle Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2002
    If the Emperor doesn't get him to turn quick, he's afraid Vader and Luke will team up against him. He has to work quickly.

4. MASTERJOEDA1974

MASTERJOEDA1974 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Ahhh so true. My bad. Meant to put in Original Trilogy forum. Let the blasting begin. I can take it like a man. :)

5. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    Just close the topic. Click (Edit Message) and it will say close topic? Fill in the box and...BOOM! All those flames, are, well, unflamitized.

6. DeathStarLaser

DeathStarLaser Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2005
    ha ha, this topic is a pun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.