main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters turning toy sabers into useable props

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by wiseguy360, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    I haven't gotten any more work done on my saber since my last post. I need to hunt up my friend.

Be more careful, Bruce![face_not_talking]

2. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    thanks, and I will be more carefull. Since I have just kenobis handle, I should just add saber extensions to my brothers, and hope it doesnt break. My new site is up, the tutorials are not, just most of the home page. I am probably going to work on tutorials this weekend, so it should be up. Acsess at

www.freewebs.com/6dollarsabers

temporary name, will change to 6dollarsabers.co.nr

3. RYAN-J

RYAN-J Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2006
    The Emitter on my luke Lightsaber just screw offs, I don't think it will work on the ROTS Kenobi one because it's a brand new design. It looks like lukes but is assembled differently.

RYAN J.

4. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Gave the saber to my friend today, so he'll work on it tonight and might possibly have it ready tomorrow. I don't know.

5. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    I just saw this thread for the first time. I made mine exactly as some of those described above. It started life as one of the light-up TPM Darth Maul sabers. I always thought it was too big in diameter but I'm also taller than Ray Park so I don't think it's all that out of scale. I completely dissassembled it to get the blades and lights out. I added several PVC components to make it a little longer (that also helped scale it), and used 3/4" dowels covered in red reflective tape. To finish it, I spraypainted the whole thing silver. I might go back and repaint it with that Testors metal paint that can be polished.

Night Shot
    Me with Darth Zahn?
    Daytime Shot

6. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    What about the candy cane picture?:D

7. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    Here it is. :)

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/redfox75/Costume-Events/DCP_3218.jpg]

8. GreytaleNovastar1138

GreytaleNovastar1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2005
    That is pretty funny... and cool if you're doing it for a good cause! :)

9. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Just to let ya'll know, I got my saber back last Friday and I think it looks good now that it no longer has a stupid 1 1/2' blade inside. So now when I get a chance I'll pick up some paints and a PVC blade. Man though, that's going to be one thick piece of PVC...[face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.