Tusken Project Begins...

Discussion in 'Salisbury, NC' started by RipRoar, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Not to add more costume projects to the mix but my Tusken has finally officially started. I had the plastic pulled off our mold for the helmet a long time ago and the resin pieces are finished for the mask. My wife finally was able to find material we both liked for the suit and hopefully she will start very soon - at least the material is bought.

I hope to start pulling my clone soon (Have some more detail to add to my plaster molds). My TK is trimmed out and still needs assembly - just waiting to get my undersuit so I can size it right etc... (Besides - the lone is my #1 desire - especially with the new movie coming - of which the book is great so far).

I may even try to modify my EPII helmet and make a new mold for the face to pull off a clone wars movie look for REX. My son loves his new hasbro clone helmet (But it's propotions are a little off - especially the visor and the sound buttons on the side area are a distraction). I think I can modify my current mold with a little re-sculpting and get a similar look. For $29.00 though - this is a great "play" helmet - looking forward to the other versions coming out for 501st, etc...

2. Darth_MacDuff Jedi Master

star 2
    I can't wait to see it. The Tusken will always have a favorite place in my heart as that was the first costume I ever donned in public. That was so cool! :cool: I think someone called me "intimidating". :eek:
  3. slaveone28146 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Any tusken that is 10 foot tall and 400 pounds is intimidating. Just kidding.
  4. Darth_MacDuff Jedi Master

star 2
    I am 6'4" and 300 pounds! And I am not kidding! [face_laugh]
  5. RipRoar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks SlaveOne for dropping your suit off! I also got a lot of references and my wife and I got a few different official patterns. We started "weathering" the materials last night. She can probably finish up the robes (I'm doing inner and outer like Ep6) in no time. She's back in Halloween MODE again - getting all creative on ideas for this year - HAVE TO KEEP THE FAMILY CELEBRITY STATUS in Salisbury going strong w/ her costumes! I love the idea she has for our little Obi-wan and get this - it's not star wars but will be awesome if she pulls it off like she is planning! No spoiler here though - you know how she is about surprising all fans...

I fixed my new MOLD for the tusken head I had a small chip in for future pulls if the group wants one too and looked your mask over for ideas on how to do mine now that mine is ready to start! Just have to pick up leather products and I'm good to go on assembling it! Can't wait to troop w/ you - our tuskens are going to be so cool together!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.