main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tusken Raider accuracy...?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Tyrantus, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004
    Ok, in TPM, we see Tuskens shooting down 600 mph podracers from a distance. In ANH, the blaster marks on the Sandcrawler, according to Obi-Wan, "Are too accurate for Sand People, only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise. What's up with this lol?

2. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    Two things:

1) Maybe the Tusken who nailed the podracer was the one good marksman of them all, or had the most accurate run, or

2) That Tusken got lucky that day.

3. Arkanum-Hleba

Arkanum-Hleba Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2004
    FUUNY you say that, my wife and I were just discussing that VERY thing this morning. They can blast pods but not a massive crawler accuratley. Although, I think that OBI-1 means the troopers blasted critical points to stop the machine whereas Raiders would just blast away less accurately but more savagely....not to mean they couldn't be accurate if they wanted.

4. DINVADER26

DINVADER26 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    exactly, there's a difference in shooting something, and shooting something at crippling points, Ben knew Sandpeople would have likely just shot the sandcrawler at random, while the Imperial troops would have shot it in the treads as crippling points.

5. Bri-Nic

Bri-Nic Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2004
    Maybe Anakin wiped out the tribe of sandpeople that could shoot straight. Remember, he went pretty far from the homestead to find them ... it could have been the same tribe.

I think after that, the sand people are probably more cautious anyway, since a single boy can kill a hundred of them. They don't understand the difference between the using the force and not ... they just take off when they see jedi robes coming ;)

6. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    One Tusken got lucky and you want to apply that to all Tuskens for what reason?

A single instance can't be used to define an ability.

7. Arkanum-Hleba

Arkanum-Hleba Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2004
    Well, what else do they have to do but practice shooting and probably drinking. If they have the ability to use a rifle I'm sure they have the ability to learn to practice and aim well. They probably just attack more savage and carelessly whereas troopers will shoot out treads and enginge parts to stop the vehicle and execute the jawas, efficiently, much like Nazis.

8. NZPoe

NZPoe Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    This line has been used to point out many errors in Stormtrooper and Sand People shooting accuracy, but in all honesty I think that this is a severe misinterpretation and actually doesn't make any sense if you think about it from that perspective.

When Obi-Wan talks about the accuracy of the shooting, he's not talking about what good shots they are, but rather the accuracy in disabling the Sandcrawler. The stormtroopers knew EXACTLY where to shoot the Sandcrawler to disable it, whilst Tusken Raider's wouldn't know the difference between a Sandcrawler and the broad-side of a barn.

The line isn't talking about targeting accuracy, but the accuracy of targeting the vital errors of the Crawler. Remember he talks about "blast-points" indicating he's referring to the location where the blasters hit, not what good shots they were.

He infers that Stormtroopers were the cause of the massacre because Tusken Raiders wouldn't have the foggiest clue where to shoot a Crawler to disable it, but Imperials would. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.