main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TUTORIALS WE'D LIKE TO SEE ...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Semaj Ovured, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
  2. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    JediTAC-

I'm working on one in my spare time (spare time which barely exists at the moment) but eventually I will have one available.

-tm

3. LethalJedi

LethalJedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2002
    How to make a fan film with just a crappy camera, some software and no actors!

1.Place your crappy camera in front of your mirror and press REC

2.Capture the footage with windows movie maker

3.There you go...a fan film with just a crappy camera, some crappy software and no actors!

I hope it will help odj_310.....

4. SamS

SamS Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    How about a tutorials covering:

1. Good and bad "formulaic" elements in fanfilms
    2. How to avoid cliches, bad dialog, bad acting and/or bad directing.
    3. Seamlessly rendering 3D so it doesn't look terribly composited.
    4. A thorough tutorial on compression, codecs and what the heck bitrate, VBR, quantizers, quality sliders and other brain-pain mumbo-jumbo means and how to use it.
    5. Lighting subjects in front of blue/red/green screen.
    6. Lighting a scene in general.

5. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    I too, would like to see more Blender tutorials from the Blender gods. I'm basically using Blender as a VFX add-on to Bryce so I have some basic, specific requests:

STARFIELD ANIMATION
    Describing how to create a 360 degree, three axis starfield and how to animate a camera inside it so you get those really cool motion blurred stars as the camera sweeps.

PARTICLE EMMITERS
    How to set these up, animate and render. Even just some basic stuff. Really interested in this after seeing the BA VFX "Special".

LENS FLARES
    Everyone wants a free way to create dramatic lens flares. I'd really like to see how to set these up in Blender.

I know there are books out there that help, but having online tutorials is just sooooo handy.

Thanks!!!

Have fun!

6. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    How to make a fan film with just a crappy camera, some software and no actors!

1.Place your crappy camera in front of your mirror and press REC

2.Capture the footage with windows movie maker

3.There you go...a fan film with just a crappy camera, some crappy software and no actors!

I hope it will help odj_310.....

Ah yes but what if the camera you have, needs to have the button pressed the time you are filming?

7. ucahg

ucahg Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2002
    I'd like to see a tutorial that covers how to emulate most force powers effectively - pull, push, jump (fall), lightning (maybe), etc.

8. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    force pull and jump are fairly easy to do if you have premiere. for force pull just film someone throwing an object, put it into premiere, and play it backwards. for the force jump, film someone jumping down from where he is supposed to jump up to in the final shot, bring it into premiere and play it backwards. oh, yeah, and two other things:

1. redo the sound on backwords shots

2. to play backwards in premiere, just right click on the clip and click on speed and set it to -100%.

aaron

9. HTS_HetH

HTS_HetH Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Well that´s not 100% correct I´m afraid. You sure can record a force pull scene and play it backwards (I did so in my current film). But if you want to have a force jump which goes up very high, you can´t just record it and play it backwards. Or would you be willing to jump down a complete building, just to record it and then play it backwards? I don´t think so.

I have my own method and for me it works quite well. Maybe I find some time after I finished my fan film to write some tutorials on how I did certain effects for my film (one of which is a force jump for about 10-15 meters high and approx. 40 meters far...).

So... what I would like to see is Pixelmagics finished compositing tutorial with covering everything form lighting the CG model to add in shadows and details to make a nice animated cg / live footage shot which look as realistic as it gets.

Btw, this tutorial is due for about 4 weeks now, c´mon Pixel! ;)

10. swepisodeii

swepisodeii Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2001
    I recently put together a fanfilm based at my work where we used a force pull from about 3 feet away. I know... not much of a force pull but it was cool anyway...

We placed the "remotecontrolsaber" on top of a tv (obviously throwing it at the tv and reversing wouldn't work too well here, he.)

So we tied a fine fishing wire to it, looped it through the actor's hand, had someone off camera yank it when he put out his hand to grab it, then slowed it down to about 60%.

It took a few times and made for some hilariously unsuccessful forcepull outtakes, but it turned out really nice. (no way to host it right now or I'd post it.)

I haven't tried it from across a room with this method yet, but I think it would work fine.

How does Lucas do his?

11. alphacentauri

alphacentauri Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Set the speed to -100 in premier! I will remenber that one!

12. vanpuyer8

vanpuyer8 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    I need taht tutorial on Force lightning but I don't want to use the Plugin with AE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.