main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA TV (Black Box) Recording

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Ghost-of-Spider, Apr 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost-of-Spider

Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2000
    Just got this box hooked up today to record what channel everyone in the house watches for ratings etc. Anyone done this before??

2. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    NO, tell us more? What is it exactly, where did you get it from? Is it anything like what the TV stations use?

3. Ghost-of-Spider

Nov 30, 2000
    Shucks SK it's a black box that records the data on what you watch and sends the info via modem to Sydney.
    But you do get free stuff for doing this..

4. Ghost_of_Caesar

Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Free stuff? Cool! Where do I sign up?

5. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    hahaha that wouldn't work at my place.. we have the worst bunch of channel surfers out, and if it aint free to air surfing, it's surfing all the foxtel channels

6. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    At our place all they'd get is the kids shows in the morning and the news at night if I'm around when it's on. The rest of the time it's usually all videos.
    Then again, the tv is often left on when no-one is actually watching it - a reason why I'm not sure how effective those black boxes would be. I think the old diary system would be more accurate if it wasn't so much of a hassle for the folks doing it.

7. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    like caeser asked.. where do we sign?

8. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    ~SK begins to sing it in Operah~

WHERE... DO WE SIGN!!!

9. Ghost-of-Spider

Nov 30, 2000
    You can't "sign up" for it. Someone in my family(no-one is admitting to it) answered one of those annoying-"We are doing a survey things" last year.
    From all calls taken in WA they select by random 240 households. They called last Saturday and asked if we would take part. THEY MENTIONED FREE STUFF, so we said yes(suckers, yes we are)

Griz: Everything on TV, VCR, DVD and cable is taken into account. The system hooks into everything-including channel hopping. Hell it took them almost 3 hours to set the place up.

10. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well they wouldn't find out what DVDs we watch unless they hook it up to my PC as well. :)

11. Ghost-of-Spider

Nov 30, 2000
    If your PC has a card in it for TV, DVD etc they want to know that as well. :)
    Thankfully my PC is not, so no-one will know how many wasted hours I spend on-line LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.