main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[TV] General TV Show Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    We have a couple of threads that are TV-show specific, but I couldn't find any suitable threads of a more generic nature, so here we go.

Since South Park Season 5 DVD has apparently been delayed until sometime in February, 2005, I picked up the 'complete' Series of the live-action Tick. All 9 episodes of it on 2 discs. It kinda appeals to my tastes, but I can definitely see why it got cancelled.

Anyway, I was actually hoping that Fox would get their poop in a group & release the animated series on DVD, but alas it has not yet come to pass.

So, if you agree that the Tick animated series deserves an afterlife on DVD, there's an online petition available here .

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!

2. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    This actually works...we finally got roswell on DVD! WOOOHOOOO!!! :)

3. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Posted this in the Buffy thread as well, but FYI:

BUFFY SEASON 7 DVD ONLY $18!!!!!

Target on Arapahoe Rd @ I-25 has 'em on sale for $17.77 from Nov. 25-27.

Not sure if all Targets are running this special, or not.

They also had Family Guy Vol 1 & 2 (Seasons 1 & 2) on sale for the same SUPER-LOW price, as well as some other DVD box sets.

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    ENNNNTERRRPRIIISSSSEEE!!!

Really, this show's growing on me. The first season was hard to get thru, but I'm forcing myself to watch the episodes.

Some spoilers for the next season!!!

There is no end in sight for the wave of TOS-inspired storylines on STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE this season. On the heels of a three-part Romulan arc helping explain why the Romulans were never seen before the time of TOS, TrekWeb has received information about a new episode titled "Affliction," which will tackle perhaps an even more famous bit of TREK lore.

The episode kicks off in an underground Klingon laboratory where a Klingon scientist and General oversee a strange project. Soldiers bring in a captive Klingon warrior and subject him to injection of a green fluid. After a few moments, it seems that the prisoner's forehead ridges bear the brunt of the fluid's effects. We are very likely looking at a canonical explanation for the famous change in makeup between the Klingons of TOS and the Klingons of STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE?

Meanwhile, Phlox has been offered a prestigious position with the Interspecies Medical Exchange but is kidnapped by a band of hooded aliens. The kidnappers turn out to be Rigelians, our first look at this oft-mentioned STAR TREK race. The Rigel system and its inhabitants have been mentioned in many TREK episodes such as "Mudd's Women," "Wolf in the Fold" and DS9's "The Passenger" among others. ENT's series premiere "Broken Bow" visited Rigel X, but encountered no Rigelians on screen.

As "Affliction" progresses, Klingons attack and board Enterprise for some clandestine purpose. Engaging the MACOs in a firefight, the Klingons implant a computer program into the ship before escaping. One Klingon, however, is shot by the MACOs and captured. His name is 'Marab' and he is thrown in the brig. Marab reveals that he is infected with a plague that is sweeping the Klingon Empire, and we learn that at least one symptom of the fatal disease is increased physical strength.

Also in this episode, 'Erika Hernandez' and the Columbia NX-02 will make an appearance. Hernandez and the Columbia were last seen in "Home."

This information is preliminary and subject to change. You should also treat it lightly until confirmed through official channels.

http://trekweb.com/articles/2004/11/24/41a4a3d824586.shtml

5. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    24 season 4 starts in January! Can't friggin wait!

6. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    i need to catch season 3...i have the tivo set so it will get it on FX...:)

i have seen the other two they are great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.