main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV guide is smoking something

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by Shadoe42, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    http://www.tvguide.com/50th/features/020729a.asp

TV guides top 50 most influential cartoon characters of ALL TIME!!!!....what kind of crack are these people smoking....this list is so far off the truth it is not even funny...okay so I agree with #1 ... # 2 however is not even close and I like the Simpsons... this list is simple a blatant attempt to bring in a younger audience to TV guide...period...a good portion the characters on that list are 80s and 90s...no way they can have achieved most influential of all time yet. They aren't old enough...most influential of the 80/90s...okay fine..but of ALL time...no way...come back in 40 years and look again...most folks won't remember who Ren and Stimpy were...much less Daria.... Tom and Jerry at 50!!! these people are obviously delusional... some of these characters on the list are not even 2 years old....yeesh...guess who won't bother to buy another issue of TV guide...and for anime you get...pickachu...puh..lease...all that little yellow sorry excuse for an electric dog ever did was make me immediatly change the channel.Popular does not equate to influential. Just becuase something is popular does not mean it is the most influential thing ever.....I mean come on if that were the case we would all still be wearing polyester. Polyester was popular...grrr silly list

2. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Aside from #1 and 2, that list is complete crap! Beavis and butt head in the top 5? WTF! *takes the crack pipe away from TV Guide*

3. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    I totally agree with you, Ed. However....

someone really needs to get Ed a nice big valium. :p

Just kidding, Bro! You know I think dat you da man!

4. Icarus_apex

Icarus_apex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Okay, I may be blacklisted for this but I think most of those characters deserve to be on the list, (except sponge bob, #9? eesh) however the order is way, way off.

5. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Most of them do, lots of them don't. The biggest thing is the order, like you said Joe.

6. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    *whispers* umm, Ed... nowhere does it say "influential".

Although, I agree it's a fu**ed up list.

7. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    You;re right it says greatest...which means the list is even more wrong than I originally thought...no way....no way Homer is greater than Mickey Mouse and company

8. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    That means they have Beavis and butthead greater then mickey and them two, Homer i can at least understand, but a Fad cartoon? .... At times like this i wish i was a card carring member of the NRA.

9. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    ***big red head walks in with a big ol' spray bottle of estrogen. Comences to spray this thread down with a healthy dose of the female hormone*** Okay, like we give a **** what TV Guide has to say? It's not like it is the GREATEST periodical mankind ever put out. More like a waste of a butt load of trees, if you ask me! Now, take the gun away from Mike2-D2 and give the crack pipe back to TV Guide. Let them stay in that la la land where they think they are worthy enough to put such a list together. ***she get's up and walks out the door. Her job is done***

:D hehehe!

10. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Lisa i have one thing to say to you... read whats under my message for an answer :D

11. tx1573

tx1573 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    okay i didn't see the list but from the sounds of it TV guide blows chunks. I have my personal favorites as we all do and yes I remember Ren and Stimpy!! Is it influential heck no just entertaining. As for the Beavis and Butthead deal, did you forget that this one of the cartoons that caused more regulation of animation and started the thought that cartoons had to have an educational thread to them instead of pure entertainment. It all goes back to the PMRC they started with music and it doesn't look like it is going to stop anytime soon.

12. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Well, if you are trying to say that you are going to "purify" me, that is a pretty big order to fill. [face_devil] If you are saying you are going to hit TV Guide, well...we can let that one go. :D

Happy, Happy! Joy, Joy!

13. Icarus_apex

Icarus_apex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Ugh, I've got "female hormone" all over me. **looks down at soiled clothing** **shrugs**
    Oh well, it's not the first time.

14. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    dude...I don't want to know

15. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Ed, sounds like Joey had a date last night! hehehe! Although, whether or not she was real, who knows! :D That female hormone might be left over from Paul's girlyness (sp? who cares, you get the point)

Ice Queen

16. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    I don't think you have to worry about spelling here.. unless your Otto and do it ever 4.3 words.

17. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
  18. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Mike, was your last post supposed to be ironic? I mean, your second sentence had 2 out of 9 (counting 4.3 as one) words misspelled. That's 1 every 4.5 words. Gotta stay ahead of Otto, I see. Interesting.

Sometimes spell-check isn't enough too get ever miss spelled word u right.

Aye no eye just opened the flood gaits four a miss spelling show down. Let's sea what y'all got...

19. talltrees

Mar 14, 2002
    Do we have spell check here? :confused: If we do, please let me know. I am not going to get in the middle of a spelling war. I am a terrible speller and typest. I have to crack my dictionary many, MANY times a day. Brent, you can have the spelling B champ title. Have at it! BTW, it is good to see you on the boards again. Work slowing down a little?

Ice Queen

20. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    I'm full of irony... and goo. Fish and Goo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.