main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Land puts the holiday special at # 59 on the most unexpected TV moments!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheWookiee, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    The entire holiday special is around an hour and a half. And, no, eBay is certainly NOT the best place to find a copy, in my experience. If you are looking for the best quality, I suggest asking the guys at originaltrilogy.com. The difference between the people at the two sites is that the bootleggers on eBay are only in it for the money. They couldn't care less about the quality. But, in my experience with the OT.com guys, they are dedicated to preserving all star wars material. As fellow fans, they'll give you a good quality copy, for either no charge, or a very low price, as their goal isn't profit, but instead fan service. They've got (as far as I know) the best quality transfer of the holiday special available at this time. That's why I recommend them.

I do warn you however, do not be expecting something greayt from the holiday special. What I'm saying is don't expect anything like the films are. Kepp in mind that the holiday special was made in the late 70's, by somone out of Lucas's control, with much of it writen by the same people who write the jokes for the academy awards. Don't go in thinking "oh, this is gonna be so cool," becuase you'll be rather disappointed. Just try to "set down and enjoy it," as Saun Dann says.;)

2. -HD-YaebGinn

-HD-YaebGinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 31, 2005
    sweet, thanks for the tip. I may not enjoy it, but I can appreciate the extra viewage of the star wras people, and it will be original and less known about than the other films.

3. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    Also, I think you'll like the animated segment with Boba Fett, which is shown in the middle of the special.

4. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    "But still, the special in the state it's in holds a certain special quality to it that I find fascinating"
    It does have a certain really bad auto wreck fascination about it...you know it is really horrible but you can't look away.
    I note the Harrison Ford looks about as happy doing the special as he would be having surgery done without anesthetic.

5. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    I always laugh at how Carrie Fisher looks.

"Malla, a-are, you alone?"

6. invader_jenny

invader_jenny Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2005
    I don't think that Harrison, Carrie, or Mark was all that thrilled with doing the special. I can only imagine as they showed up on set each day for 4 weeks thinking "Alright, let's get this over with..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.