main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Movies for 2006 Please sign!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ellbobin, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plutoneam

plutoneam Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    Please don't push Star Wars any farther.
    Let it end half-way gracefully.

I'd say no more Star Wars movies (be it theatrical or made-for-TV) after Ep3.
    And if they *must* make a TV show, let it be a cartoon.

I don't want to be considered a Trekkie. :(

2. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Nah were warsies!

3. Trioculus12

Trioculus12 Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2004
    I will sign. New SW movies right at home would be great!

4. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    I have a feeling it would take SW downhill. It won't happen I know it. Lucas will be smart and not do anymore hopefully

5. Not--A-Moon

Not--A-Moon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    Dude, you must be retarded. Getting anything starwars related should be considered a blessing. Don't be an idiot, otherwise, Lucas is going to trash the entire idea.

Nerd

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    TV Movies are generally worse than regular movies. NO.

7. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Can I sign this in hopes that this will all go away and nothing will be made with a Star Wars title post-ROTS?

8. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Can I sign this in hopes that this will all go away and nothing will be made with a Star Wars title post-ROTS?

Same here. Too bad it looks like they confirmed they're making a tv show today. [face_sick]

9. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    It has been confirmed that Lucasarts is in negotiation for a STar Wars TV Show. Nothing has been revealed about setting,charecters, or anything else.
    IMHO we are going to be in for a dissapointment. If nothing else, the budget for the TV show is going to be far, far less then for a theatrical movie just because of basic economics. And Quality is hard to maintain in a TV series.
    And, let's face it, Lucas's record for live action TV has not been very good. "Young Indy" was OK but not great and was a ratings failure. And may the Force allow me to Forget the "Holiday special" and the Ewoks crap....

10. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I won't mind if he makes Star Wars T.V. Movies or Series. If they Do they better make Adult Program where can See Padme Naked. ;) =P~

11. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    "Getting anything starwars related should be considered a blessing"
    Only if you don't care about quality, as the "Star Wars Holiday Special" and many of the weaker EU books show.....

12. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    I'd be fine with a TV show as long as Lucas is closely involved. He doesn't have to direct, but probably a producer.

NO TV MOVIES. A series of such first-class prestige as Star Wars is not something you present on a third-class format.

13. NZPoe

NZPoe Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    Love the idea of a TV show (it will NOT be like Trek guys, c'mon)

Online petitions are almost never noticed. Only a hand-written campaign will get their attention.

So thanks, but no thanks :D

14. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Young Indy was great. The production value was good also. Thats when Lucas began digitally extending sets. This was unheard of for a TV show waaaay back in the early nineties. Many of the episodes even had a far more serious tone than some of the films. Shoot, many of the episodes were way better than the Temple of Doom.

I agree that TV shows can ruin things. Stargate is an all right show, but its been somewhat Star Trek-ified with all the different planets where everyone speaks english or there is the same generic girl character or generic stubborn old leader guy. The movie was a lot different and better. It had an more realistic feel, and a more action adventure feel.

If there was a Star Wars show, I hope its an hour long and does not recast any characters like Star Gate did. Also, I hope its at the quality of Young Indy. But the chance that would be good is worth the risk of making a show, at least in my eyes. It can't possibly be worse than some of the EU out there that is already very Star Trekkish. The Vong for example. An invading alien race? Thats Star Trek. Star Wars is fantasy. Emperor clones? silly. As are all creatures that are "void of the force" and all that technical stuff. Anyway, thats my view.

15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't want a crappy Star Wars TV show any more than anyone else. But there's something here to note... a Star Wars show can not, repeat, can NOT do ANYTHING to the movies. Especially if you don't watch it. If you like the movies and you don't want a show, then don't watch the show. Simple as that. It's not like someone's going to come to your house, steal your copies of the movies, and replace them with TV movies. For crying out loud, stop being so melodramatic.

At worst, it will be really awful. If it is, you don't have to watch it. At best, it could be like Young Indy and be enjoyable. The SW Saga itself is finished with Episode III, but who's to say that the GFFA is finished? If it's good, I'll watch it. If not, I won't. Either way, it's not going to affect my opinion of the SW movies.

What a revolutionary idea.

-sj loves kevin spacey

16. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    O.K. Here's my signature.

Lady-Kenobi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.