main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA TV & Movies

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    This Thread is created to discuss TV & Movies [face_hypnotized]

2. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I am becoming more & more impressed with the Sci Fi Channel. =D=

I am really enjoying Eureka & Who wants to be a Superhero. That got added to my TIVO list with all teh Sci Fi Friday Lineup (SG1, Stargate Atlantis, & Battlestar Galatica). :cool:

Other than that, I have been watching Final Fu on MTV2. If you like Martial Arts, try to catch it. Its better than I expected, considering its on MTV. [face_beatup]

3. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Don't watch any of the MTVs, but Sci-Fi's original series have been decent as of late. I too am a fan of the Friday night line up, though I am not too hot on where BSG went after the first season. Eureka's an OK watch when nothing else is on, but I can pass it up. Sci-Fi still can't make a movie that isn't worth avoiding with all effort! As much of a fan of Stan Lee as I am, I haven't been able to force myself to watch any of that "reality" show of his.

My wife really got me into the new Dr. Who, though we are afraid that it won't be the same without season 1's Doctor.

4. Jaren_Valnor

Jaren_Valnor Jedi Master star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    You know, the other night, I found something on MTV that would interest you. If you're not familiar with it, MTV'S Why Can't I Be You? is a show where one person who admires another from afar is given the chance to live with them for 48 hours and learn social skills and the like from them. I have mixed feelings about the show...

Anyway, I caught an episode halfway through where a Star Wars geek wanted to learn from a girl she saw at having a party or something. The Star Wars fan was introverted, while the girl she was living with for the 48 hour period threw at least one party a week. Now, don't start bashing yet. MTV dealt with Star Wars in a respectful way.

The fan wanted to meet geeky guys, so the party girl took her to a laser tag arena...and she met four or five guys there that had an interest in Star Wars and V for Vendetta. She asked what was the geekiest thing they'd done, and they told her about camping out for Episode III, and she was impressed. So, they played laser tag, and if I remember correctly, worked some Star Wars into the game.

Now, a few things were a bit off, and made me wonder how scripted the show was. She said that one of the guys had a "Han Solo" look about him. He was scrawny, slightly balding, and had glasses. Nothing Han Solo about him. Another thing, at the end, they met with the host of the show and decide if they like their old self better, or what they've learned. I won't spoil the exact ending, but when asked about Star Wars, the girl said, "Star Wars stays. You can't lose the Force."

Oh, yeah, I saw this movie last year I thought was really good. It was called Revenge of the Sith. It's about this guy who can't be married for one reason or another, and his dreams always come true. He sees that his wife is going to die, so he's got to find a way to save her. If you haven't seen Revenge of the Sith yet, go see parts 1 and 2 then. Sith is part 3, and I think they'll make a part 4. I hear that they're doing 2 TV shows about it, and there's a little convention in Los Angeles in May. [/random]

5. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Ive also been watching through Netflix (Be praised, all mighty Netflix!!!), the Trigun Series!

If you haven't seen it & you dig anime series, it is a MUST SEE!!!

P.S. Excelsior!!! (Who Wants To Be A Superhero? Reference)

6. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Who is else counting the days for Battlestar Galatica's Return?

I wasn't a fan the first season, but I watched it last season & was sucked in.

Also, who is going to check out the upcoming 'Prime Time' series, Heroes?

P.S. Got my Star Wars DVDs today. Wallmart has them for $13.71 with Graphic Novels!

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    $13.71 a piece?! :eek:

I checked online and Wal-Mart had it listed for 20 bucks! Liars!

If that's the case, I am so heading out to Wal-Mart after work tonight.

Which Wal-Mart did you go to?

8. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Yup!

I was surprised myself. I thought about Circuit City, but I have enough artwork (for now) & preferred the Graphic Novels. There was about a handfull left, so I hope you got yours, Steph.

::Watching mine right now, on 3rd Shift::

9. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    If your not watching Heroes, start.

Very cool!

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Too true.

I turned it on last night to see what it was like and now I'm hooked. Some great stuff! ;)

11. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    I'm a "Lost" junkie. Oh, and I love That 70's Show. The only problem is since it's been in syndication for 3 or 4 years now. So,I've seen every episode 5 or 6 times. Even the episode where you meet Donna's sister. She has this really bad Molly Ringwald haircut.
    Those are about the only things I watch.
    I'm not sure why, but I'd rather watch X-men 2 or The Last Samurai for like the 97th time then watch a regular TV.

12. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Speaking of X-Men, what the H@#$ happened to X-Men 3!!!!????

Talk about a HUGE drop in creative storyline from the first two. I hope the Wolverine spinoff is better.

Anyone watch Galatica?

13. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    X3 was a major disappointment. And sadly, that was one of the few films that was a "must see" for me this past summer. My friend and I both left the theater going "what the heck was that?" Needless to say, I didn't pick up the DVD when it was released. :p

14. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I haven't seen X3 yet, but I wanted to when it came out, but lost interest when I heard how disappointing it is. I plan to see it some time by Netflix, but it is not at the top of my list.

And, Rob, I watch the new BSG. I missed last Friday's episode and I am still trying to piece together all what happened at the end of last season and what happened in between.

15. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    That is how I saw X3, on Netflix. I figure I 'might' pick it up when it reaches the $5.00 bin at Wallmart, lol..

Galatica is very cool. I stopped watching the first season because I couldn't deal with Starbuck (being a woman & acting like the original Starbuck) being a fan of the original series. I wasn't too keen on Apollo as well.

But I watching the first of the 2nd sesaon & became hooked.

See if you can catch "The Story So Far" Episode. It might even be at Scifi.com. It was a very cool comprehensive look at the entire storyline right up to this season.

The movie adaptation of Eragon look good. Jeremy Irons & John Malkovich are two of my favorite actors. I'm also looking forward to the CGI version of TMNT. I used to collect the original comics in B&W.

16. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    A lot of new stuff coming out, but few are as totally cool as Afro Samurai!!!!!

Spike TV..

Watch it..

Thank me later..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.