main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ TV News (Off Topic)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Dec 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    The Bad News :_|

The idiots at TV4 have taken off the Sliders and Star Trek repeats on Sundays!

Looking at the new TV Guide for 29 Dec - 4 Jan, they've replaced them with useles Informercials until 3:00pm and then The Sixth Sense "a seveties drama series about a parapsychologist who investiates psychic phenomena."

To make matters worse, and for those who are REALLY wanting to punish themselves for eating too much on Christmas Day, TV2 are showing the world's most boring sci-fi movie 2001: A Space Oddity ... opps, Odyssey at 12:00noon on Sunday, 30 December. According to the thick TV Guide Movie "Reviewer" ...
    Released some 30-plus years ago, this sci-fi flick works like a confidence trick; the sepcial effects (which pre-date Star Wars by none years!) are so spellbinding that few people complain of the obscure storyline and clinically cold feeling. ****

There's also no StarGate SG-1 on the Tuesday (New Year's Day).

As for TV4's idea of New Year's Day programming: they must think everyone will be staying in bed all day - nothing but Informercials!!

The Good News :D

Futurama is back! 7:00pm, TV2 starting Sunday, 30 December.

Also back is The A-Team!! Another excellent old TV series, although it's in a silly timeslot: 9:30pm, TV4 starting Sunday, 30 December.

LucasFilm fans might want to book their lounge chair for Willow on TV3, 7:30pm, Sunday, 30 December.

The ALF movie is being repeated (again) 1:00pm, TV2, Wednesday, 2 January - for those who remember ALF!

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I've never seen Willow. I guess I should check it out.

I am looking forward to watching The Sound of Music on TV3, Christmas Eve. :) :) Missed out on getting tickets for the sing-a-long version at the Civic earlier in the year.

Great news about Futurama returning. And I do remember Alf. Ah, the eighties.

3. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    yo Willie!

ALF was great. however, I dont recall an ALF movie, might have to watch it. Willow sounds good too, havent seen that since I was a wee lad.

I can cope without the above, as long as buffy is on boxing day.

as for 80's stuff, Bring bac Macgyver.

4. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    The ALF movie isn't like the series. Other than the ALF character himself none of the originals are in it. It's not hugely bad, but the series was WAY better.

I can't say that I've ever seen Willow, but I did read the book, so I might have to watch it too.

Yep, unfortunately Buffy the Vampire Slayer is still on - both 26 December and 2 January. :(

As the results of the TV Guide's Best on the Box survey show ...
    Best Fantasy Sc-Fi
    23.74% Stargate SG-1
    22.26% Charmed
    17.68% Roswell
    15.06% Star Trek: Voyager
    11.71% Quantum Leap
    09.41% Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    ... Buffy is hopeless - it didn't even get double digits! :p

MacGyver ... MacGyver ... we want MacGyver!! :)
    And Knight Rider. And Alf. And decent cartoons. And ... :)

On the subject of cartoons, I meant to say that TV2 are repeating the Starship Troopers computer generated cartoon series at 2:00pm Saturdays - starting TODAY! :)

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    //lowers head and speaks in quiet voice for he is in shame//

I have missed SG1 for about the last 4 weeks - I cannot believe this myself. :( :( :(

Bring bac Macgyver

DAMNSTRAIGHT!!!!

//begins chanting and banging desk//

Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver Bring back Macgyver

I liked MacGyver :) :D :D

aaaah the imagination of a young boy is expanded ten-fold after seeing MacGyver use a peice of plastic wrap, a short peice of wire and his trusty Swiss Army Knife to make a Weapon of Mass Destruction!

:D

6. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I've seen MacGyver repeats so many times. My favourite episode is probably the one with that lady pretending to be identical twins.

I remember in our 7th form physics class, whenever our teacher would say something like "Okay, today we're going to do an experiment where we make a battery out of a lemon", and someone would say "I remember when MacGyver did that!" and we're all start humming the theme song, do-do-do-do-do do-doo-do ya know the one, and saying 'remember that episode when..?'

It got so bad that I told our Physics teacher he should disguise himself as MacGyver, then we'd all pay attention.

7. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    do-da do-da do-da do-da dooo do-da dooo do-da dooo da-do-da d00 do-do-da doo etc

:D

8. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    aaaah the man himself:

[image=http://www.classic-tv.com/shows/images/macgyver.gif]

love the mullet! :D

and the theme song is here!

that theme song made something awake inside me, felt good hearing that tune again. [face_mischief]

9. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    nothing wrong with Buffy!

10. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    BRing back the origanal transformers

11. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Buffy is good! Buffy is good! Buffy is good! NOBODY badmouths Buffy! The theme os Buffy is by a band called Nerf Herder, btw.

I'll watch Futurama before The Simpsons come back. Can't wait!

12. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    thanks for the support, Humble and Lil_Lisa!

I'm with ya too Ace...

do do do do do do do do dooo, do do doooo
    I got the Mac themesong on tape somewhere
    *rushes off to find it*

13. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Quick, let's build a battery out of lemon! I know how to do that, ya know . . .

14. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I was beginning to think this thread had turned into a Richard Dean Anderson appreciation thread

:p ;) :D

Nothing wrong with THAT! :D :D :D

15. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Absolutely nothing.

From everything you read he seems to be one of the VERY FEW celebrities with comon sense/decent still intact. :)

16. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    But most people 'hate' the MacGyver series. I find this... odd

//shruggs shoulders//

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    But most people 'hate' the MacGyver series.

What people?

18. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Everyone loved MacGyver. He was such a great hero because he used brains, not violence, to work his way out of a bad situation.

19. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Who's MacGyver?

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Was that a nice cave you grew up in Lil Lisa, or a re you really that young?

21. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Nah, jp, I grew up in Taiwan. You could say it's a 'cave'--nobody cares much about Star Wars there. And they don't have Buffy or The Simpsons. Actually, they do show The Simpsons but it's not very popular, probably because the humour gets lost in the translation.

That reason enough for you?

[EDIT] Wait a minute!! I looked up IMDb and guess what I found: MacGyver was from 1985 to 1992. I was BORN in 1984! As if a little girl who was still playing with Barbie dolls would watch an action tv show!

22. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.