main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph TV Season Finales: Portlandia

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Zaz, May 20, 2007.

1. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Veronica Mars got the axe. This is the series finale.

Zaz, you are really confusing me. You have Supernatural in the series finale title and I just saw that it has been renewed and you have Veronica Mars in the season when I was just upset that they cancelled it. My head is going to explode if you keep this up. :p

2. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Tonight:

1. "American Idol"

2. "Lost"

3. "Hustle"

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    This is the first season that I've followed American Idol all the way through, and frankly, I don't see why everyone thinks it's so lame. It's a good show, and they've got some very talented singers on there.

Last night though, I felt was unfair to Blake. The stupid songwriters competition was unnecessary and tacky. And the worst part of it was that they made both Blake and Jordin sing the winning song. The song seemed to be made for Jordin, leaving Blake at a huge disadvantage because their styles are so diverse.

I thought Blake had the competition in the bag until the final song. Now I'm worried that Jordin is going to take home the gold.

4. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    The LOST finale is a huge gamechanger. Everything.will.change. The whole approach to the show changes. This is ALIAS Season 2 finale times ten. It's going to be brilliant.

5. JMJacenSolo

JMJacenSolo Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2006
    Yeah, I hate LOST, ,but I think the internet might explode tonight when this happens. It's a ballsy move, that's for damn sure,(highlighted for the most hardcore of those avoiding spoilers) because it actually puts the onus on the writers to live up to something, rather than freehand nonsense which is what I've suspected of this show since Season 2. . It ain't gonna make a regular viewer out of me though :p

Regarding American Idol, it's boring because it hasn't changed a single iota since the first season, and since three of the five winners have flopped its not all that compelling to see who wins. And it still makes no sense to me how they draw tens of thousands to each city every single year but keep finding more people with talent.

6. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I thought it was unfortunate that the Idol judges seemed to give the title to Jordin. I guess the producers wanted to make sure that Blake doesn't sneak in as the winner, so they had the judges go overboard with their support and forced Blake to sing a song he wasn't suited for.

7. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    El Debarge is Sanjiya's father.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jaWPQ3Z7FE

8. JMJacenSolo

May 21, 2006
    LOST and American Idol in the books. Anything big left?

9. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Tuesday, June 5,

"SEASON FINALE
    The ShieldA ? Lynette Rice
    Like we expected TV's best antihero to go quietly into the night. Det. Mackey's (Michael Chiklis) bosses are desperate to rid the precinct of his morally bankrupt booty, but Vic once again shows his affinity for survival in this dynamic conclusion."

10. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    There better be some kind of comeuppance for Shane for killing Lem (preferrably he'll die himself) or Im gonna friggin hurt someone.

11. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Here's the full summary:

"SEASON FINALE
    The ShieldA ? Lynette Rice
    Like we expected TV's best antihero to go quietly into the night. Det. Mackey's (Michael Chiklis) bosses are desperate to rid the precinct of his morally bankrupt booty, but Vic once again shows his affinity for survival in this dynamic conclusion. As he dodges one bullet, he faces another: Now Vic's two-timing ex-partner Shane (the magnificent Walton Goggins) is turning out to be Vic's biggest nemesis in the show's final days (it wraps for good next year). Thank God we're getting one more season for their inevitable, tragic showdown."

It does sound good...

12. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    It does sound good, but it also sounds like there wont be a real resolution to this arc until next season (which, in a way, is appropriate, I guess).

13. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Maybe this is the time to get the DVDs... :)

14. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    9-10PMSci Fi
    Season Finale

"Stargate Atlantis"

"After an unsettling mission goes wrong, Dr. Weir must take radical action to save Atlantis."

15. packerfansam

packerfansam Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2007
    I thought it was a good episode, but I might've enjoyed it more if I wasn't grieving over the end of Stargate SG-1 (the series finale aired right before Atlantis).

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Some nice action, some epic events, a new type of gate threat, connections to previous episodes and some funny Mckay quips in there. That would be a damn fine Atlantis episode.

17. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    10-11PMNBC, TV-14-D
    SEASON FINALE

"Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip"

"Is anyone still watching? After tonight, Aaron Sorkin?s gang of earnest mirth makers rides off into the sunset."

18. packerfansam

packerfansam Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2007
    Well, I was at least still watching. Good episode, a good ending for an entertaining show.

19. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Good riddance. The ads at the beginning of the year were insufferably arrogant.

20. JMJacenSolo

May 21, 2006
    Have never seen a show hyped so much fail so spectacularly.

21. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998

9-11PM
    Syfy, TV-PG-LV

Season Finale
    Sanctuary

"The winner of this week's potentially offensive portrayal of a world religion: The team investigates a cult named for the Hindu goddess Kali."

22. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    9-11PM | TNT | SEASON FINALE
    Falling Skies

"Summer's white-knuckle pleasure, about survivors of an apocalyptic alien invasion..."

23. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    MIDNIGHT-12:15AM | ADULT SWIM | SEASON FINALE
    Childrens Hospital

"Watching Rob Corddry's riotously unhinged sitcom makes for a thrilling viewing experience..."

24. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    8-10PM | NBC | SEASON FINALE
    America's Got Talent

Someone wins $1 million, as millions in the audience bitterly say, ''Whatever. I could have done that.''

9:30-11PM | CBS | SEASON FINALE
    Big Brother

Tonight we bid adieu to Brenchel...until Brendon finds another reason not to pursue his Ph.D. and Rachel finds another network that will agree to broadcast her laugh.

10-11PM | SPIKE TV | SEASON FINALE
    Deadliest Warrior

Zombies take on vampires in this fantasy match-up, that features commentary by George Romero and World War Z author Max Brooks

25. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Operation Repo
    FINALE
    NEW
    S09, E13

Froy and Sonia are overwhelmed by a swarm of cheerleaders; Matt and Froy interrupt a father and son bonding session gone wrong; the team heads to the raceway to prove they still have what it takes.

8:30 - 9:00 PM TRUTV