main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Series

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by WormieOnARampage, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WormieOnARampage

WormieOnARampage Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2005
    Anyone else here wonder if GL is leaving certain things out of RotS with the idea that someday, maybe, he'll have a TV series to reveal it on that will be canon? There's definitely a lot of potential there. Just wondering.

2. CrazySaber

CrazySaber Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2004
    No, GL loves making his movies. Marketing and TV Spin-offs aren't what George likes. He doesn't care about the money, he's got enough. Whatever he wants to put in his movies, he'll put in.

3. cc2318

cc2318 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    i think they left stuff out of the novel so people would have new stuff to see in the movie... so i guess it's possible he left stuff out of the movie so people would want to watch a tv show.

"young luke skywalker" series, anyone? :D

4. electrobc1

electrobc1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 15, 2003
    I don't think he would hold anything back, especially not for the sake of someone else's TV show.

5. Darthhelmut

Darthhelmut Jedi Master star 2

Sep 14, 2004
    Crazy Saber:I hope that was sarcasm

6. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    yeah right i think the whole young luke where you'llf finally understand why uncle owen doesn't like obiwan and what he knows about vader

7. CrazySaber

CrazySaber Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2004
    I'm not saying there won't be spin-offs, I'm saying that the spin-offs will be made around the movies, not the movies made around the spin-offs. That "Young Luke Skywalker" idea does sound kinda good though. I'd like to see some of the stuff with him and Biggs.

8. cc2318

Apr 21, 2002
    i haven't watched the clone wars at all on cartoon network, but i'd like to. if there was a tv show focused around luke growing up, or vader taking over the universe, i'd like to see it.

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The television stuff will deal with certain subjects, but the stuff cut from the films falls under the catergory of things that he didn't think was important to leave in the film.

10. cc2318

Apr 21, 2002
    so sinsiter, you saying there WILL be a tv show? :D

11. Drworm2002

Drworm2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2005
    I heard in a GL interview that he IS thinking about a TV show...

12. Moriarte

Moriarte Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    I've heard rumors about a TV series too; some article in U.S.A. Today I think.

If a TV series ever was made, I think it would be cool if it centered around 2-3 Jedi (practically required) who are on the run as it were and with various supporting characters that join them along the way. Specifically, I think the Jedi characters should be Padawans whose Master's were killed. This would potentially create a lot of conflict emotionally, their views on the Force, the fate of the Jedi.

It would have to character driven, an hour long weekly show, and with a reasonable amount of quality special effects like the kind shown in the new BattleStar Galactica series. I think it'd work well...and it'd make a lot of money ;).

Ciou-See the Sig

13. Darth_Board

Darth_Board Jedi Master star 1

Jun 29, 2000
    That there is going to be TV stuff has been all but officially confirmed. Lucas has mentioned it himself.

What no one knows is what form the TV show(s) will take. More animation is likely. Live action is possible as well. The most likely timeframe is between ROTS and ANH.

I think there's a good chance, however, that the focus of the show will not be major characters. Lucas has always said that the films are the main source for the saga itself. Big galaxy, though. Lots of stories to tell.

14. darthxman

darthxman Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    BUT what would you guys like to see as the subject of the TV series?

Here are some of my wishes:

Young Yoda.

The further adventures of Luke Skywalker.

The children of Luke and ? (Mara?), and Leia and Han as Jedi in a new jedi order.

Or the original Jedi/Sith war from a thousand years ago.

What would you guys like to see?

15. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    cc2318 posted on 4/3/05 10:24am
    so sinsiter, you saying there WILL be a tv show? [face_grin]
    [hr][/blockquote]

Always two there are. An animated and a live-action.

But which one will be first? The animated or the live-action?

16. Arliss

Arliss Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    I can't imagine a live-action TV series, maybe animation. But an action series such as StarWars could not be done justice on a cost-efficient level for TV. I don't want to see special effects like Dark Angel. Although, Jessica Alba would be nice.

17. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    I'd love to see two TV series. I'd like one to bridge the 20 years between sagas and I'd love to see one set in the KOTOR timeframe.

18. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Arliss posted on 4/8/05 9:55pm
    I can't imagine a live-action TV series, maybe animation. But an action series such as StarWars could not be done justice on a cost-efficient level for TV. I don't want to see special effects like Dark Angel. Although, Jessica Alba would be nice.
    [hr][/blockquote]

Battlestar Galactica

19. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    A Live Action Star Wars series would be very cool...

20. Drworm2002

Drworm2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2005
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about Star Trek:TNG...or any of the new ones...

21. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    There is plenty of fodder to do a TV series about what happens between Episodes 3 and 4, so there is no reason to hold anything back in the movie.

22. alex172005

alex172005 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2005
    I think it would be cool to watch a show about Luke Leia and Han rebuilding the Jedi Council....mostly concentrated on Luke....and it would be cool if they got Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher to play their characters at an older age...it would be great to also get Hayden to come out as a young Anakin in spirit to help Luke rebuild the Council.

23. kN3eLb4Z0d

kN3eLb4Z0d Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2004
    Boba Fett and all sorts of sweet bounty hunters chasing Chewie and Han Solo around the galaxy! Maybe even getting to see the exact circumstances as to why Han had to dump his cargo. There's an awful lot of cool stuff they could do.

24. sluggo

sluggo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2001
    It seems more and more likely there is going to be a Star Wars tv series after RotS, but most of the stuff I've seen reported/rumored about it has it happening post RotJ (Hamill has been rumored to play Luke in a reaccuring role) and not between RotS and ANH.

I think the main reason is, the time between RotS and ANH is just not a very good time in the SWU. Sure they could make up a couple Jedi characters or something, but by the end of the series the main characters would be killed. Its a time in the SWU that will be better dealed with in comics and/or novels.

25. Vladimir_Grent

Vladimir_Grent Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2003
    I've seen Battlestar Galatica. It completely renews hope for a non-cheesy SW TV series.

On the other hand though, the though of Hercules or Xena-esque effects/acting terrifies me.

I don't think I could stomach it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.