main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Series

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by WormieOnARampage, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    mace vs boba?'

not likly....

no I stand by my eailer post 3 to 4 episodes a season dealing with varies groups of main characters and secondary ones.

2. xIntoxicationx

xIntoxicationx Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2003
    I know for a fact liam would never do it, but my dream is to see a pre-tpm show someday. Sort of like the book series jedi apprentice, with a younger obiwan, and younger quigon. I liked those books, even though they were for younglings.

3. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I said a long time ago that the TV series could work extraordinarily well if it were based on Boba Fett's rise between ROTS and ANH. Looks like I could win this prediction ;)

And please keep that no-talent hack Peter Jackson away from anything Star Wars. Then again, his specialty is directing work done by someone else, so...

4. xIntoxicationx

xIntoxicationx Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2003
    Oh i believe pj did a lot better job at directing lotr, then lucas could ever do any movie,and lucas stole everything too if u trace it... but sry, back to topic...

5. AUSSIETROOPER20

AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    this is a copyed topic like tv seiers ideas.:mad: [face_frustrated] [face_shame_on_you] [face_devil]

6. DARTHJOSEPH

DARTHJOSEPH Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2005
    I agree with having leftover Jedi...there has to be a reason Lucas cut out Shaak Ti and Quinlan Vos' deaths from ROTS! And since Quinlan was supposed to be in Sith and the fact that the stories centered on him during the Clone Wars comics were some of the best, I think they are some of our best canidates! I'm all for younger recasts, just not replacements for characters that defined the movies (i.e. I don't want someone other than Jimmy Smitts being Bail or Ian McDermot playing Palps, they could recast Mon Mothma since she didn't make the movie cut) If it makes sense and doesn't trivialize the movies then fine, but lets not settle for some half-a**ed TV show with all new actors because we are hesitant to change and accept new characters. And I agree with those who are against Peter jackson doing anything w/ Star Wars...isn't it about time he worked on something he created?!?! I mean...LOTR, King Kong, then the Hobbit???? Talk about making a career off of others creations! If we're talking any guest directors lets look towards Spielberg, Ron Howard, and James Cameron...Lucas' friends!
    Not some over rated guy with stomach bypass surgery who can't come up with ANYTHING original!

7. Zappadog0

Zappadog0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    I don't understand why people keep on diminishing PJ because he didn't create LOTR. He did the next best thing, he adapted it from a near impossible source.

And MOST DIRECTORS DON'T WRITE THEIR MATERIAL

Here's a list of directors that didn't create (most of) their stories

Stanley Kubrick
    Steven Spielberg
    Alfred Hitchcock
    Akira Kurasawa
    Tim Burton
    Ron Howard
    and many more...All of the above are hacks, huh?

8. Obilieveinme

Obilieveinme Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    a young princess Leia and all her friends battle to thwart the republic...Who said Obi-Wan was our HOPE!
    Tonight after the OC!

9. DS_Emp_Viper

DS_Emp_Viper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    kind of funny that 2 you listed actually directed movies who were written by Lucas...

And Tim Burton is a horrible Director. He led Batman down a horrible path.

10. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I hope this show is on network TV so it has some credibility and isnt cheesy.

i think it could have mass appeal

11. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    I think it's time for Lucas to cut his ties with Cartoon Network.

12. muTron

muTron Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2005

13. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
  14. DARTHJOSEPH

DARTHJOSEPH Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2005
    ZappagogO, you must not know anything about Akira Kurosawa!

The following were directed AND written by him:

Sea is Watching
    Ikiru
    Seven Samurai
    Madadayo
    Ran
    Kagemusha
    High and Low
    Sanjuro
    Hidden Fortress (rippped off by Lucas for ANH)
    Throne of Blood
    I live in Fear
    The Idiot
    Rashomon
    Scandal
    Stray Dog
    Drunken Angel

Without Kurosawa you would have NO STAR WARS & no Force.net, please get your information correct before labeling someone a hack, especially one of the greatest directors in film history! [face_shame_on_you]

15. DARTHMORDOR

Jun 17, 2003
    he was not calling any of those directers hacks. he was just saying they did not write their work.

he was very wrong about kurisawa. and about tim burton. what he failed to notice is most of those "non original" directors wrote the screenplays for much of their work.

something to keep in mind is a director's job is to tell the story not to create it. most of the gret directors are know not for their writing ability but for the ability to visulay tell astory.. so adapt one persons word into a picture.

just because peter jackson did not creat LOTR sdoes not make him any lesser a storytellr. he took a very difficult story and SECCSUFULLY TOLD IT IN A WAY THAT BOTH HONORED AND EXPANDED the story. he was rewarded for his skills at orginzing his cast and crew, as aproducer a writer, and a director. he made money for both hiself and his investors who by the way did take a huge risk in a vertualy unknown cult filmmaker.

jackson did create both bad taste and dead alive. while not up to star wars standards they are marks of his level of commitment to the mediem of telling stories in picture form which we call movies.

calling peter jackson a hack is the first sign of a person who knows nothing about the process of puting a film together. and he is not even the finest example of filmmakers out there.

martin scorsase. mean streets is the only film he made that he was the sole screenwriter. and if anybody questions his talent...

16. DARTHMORDOR

Jun 17, 2003
    sorry for the double post and rant...

I think a star wars tv series would be cool!

17. Zappadog0

Zappadog0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    boy you people did NOT get what I was saying.

I wasn't saying that those directors were hacks at all. I think they're all good. They just didn't originbate their material.

18. DARTHMORDOR

Jun 17, 2003
    zapp, I did say that...

then I addressed some other issues I read above

I got you

19. Peter_Skywalker

Peter_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah Pure Badass.

20. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    the first few seasons of smallville were teh best. especially when clark leaves town with the *EDIT:red* kryptonite classring.

i predict a han solo and company type tv series, any takers?

Zappadog0
    I wasn't saying that those directors were hacks at all. I think they're all good. They just didn't originate their material.

neither did shakespeare, telling a story is all in the style and the themes you bring out. i just think SW may be the only real epic film. with LotR, if you base a film strictly on an epic novel, then its a little different than an epic film, its more like film-lit.

21. Anagorn

Anagorn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2003
    Speaking of TV.
    Here in Sweden they recently showed the OT
    and in just a few minutes they´re showing
    TPM and the same channel showed AOTC
    just a few months ago.
    Pure Star Wars Mania!
    Now and forever.

22. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    wow. i dont even remember TPM or AOTC being shown on TV here in the US (broadcast or cable)

am i wrong?

23. Anagorn

Jul 3, 2003
    I sure hope so!
    A New Hope.

24. Darth_Brad03

Darth_Brad03 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Fox showed them both around the 19th to promote ROTS.

25. Anagorn

Jul 3, 2003
    Clonetrooper Fox! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.