main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Shows you would like to see revived or shown again

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Jedi_padawan_leigh, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    So its 2 o clock in the morning and I can't sleep so I decide to go browsing through YouTube and RetroJunk for something to do. And I come across all my old favorite TV programmes I used to watch growing up. Recntly got into a conversation about the quality of TV with a classmate and we chatted about all the old shows we enjoyed and wished would be put back on. Do you have any favorite shows that you would like to see back on TV? Either shown again or revived after cancellation. Cartoons or TV shows. I have quite a few but i'll list my top three

3) Cardcaptors - English dub of the japanese show cardcaptor sakura. The US/UK version got a lot of stick but I suppose a lot of dubbed anime does at times. I really liked it, great fun to watch and it had a really catchy theme song

2) Sailor Moon - Another english dub. Used to be on GMTV, verrry early in the morning, then Fox kids but episodes are really hard to catch now unless you get them on DVD or video. Again, very fun to watch

1) Gladiators - I cannot describe how much I loved that show! It was the best thing on a saturday night. I never missed one and always dreamed of going on it when I was old enough. Was really gutted when they cancelled it in 1999. If they brung it back I would seriously consider applying although I don't think they will bring it back. One can dream though eh?

So what shows would you choose if you had a chance to air/revive them again, If any?

2. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    1. Got to agree re Sailor Moon. First came across it whilst in Toronto. It deserved primetime viewing imho.

2. Thunderbirds. Given the same update as Captain Scarlet - now that would be cool. Include CS in this too as it's unlikely there will be a 3rd series at present.

3. Clopper Castle. Lunchtime kiddies puppet thing from back in the time of us dinosaurs. Made be laugh.

4. Space 1999 - yeah, ok, I love Anderson :p This was so well designed and imho not easily dated (only the moustaches give it away). And the music was cool.

Oh, how I could go on and on with this list. I've lived too long and seen too much :D

3. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Thundercats
    Pirates of dark water
    A decent remake of He-man, the new cartoon is wrong in sooooooo many ways
    Babylon 5

4. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Anyone remember the Centurions, that show was cool :cool:

5. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    [image=http://www.buysoundtrax.com/images/logans_run-TV.jpg]
    =D=

6. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    SeaQuest

First Sci-Fi series I've seen nearly every episode of. :D

7. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    airwolf needs to be shown again, so my kids can enjoy it as much as i did.

streethawk, for the same reason as airwolf.

macguyver, just because it was brilliant!

and you can never have too much of the a-team :D

8. Hatch5

Hatch5 Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2006
    The professionals, I know they were on before i was born but I've been watching them avidly on dvd and theyd be great to repeat. Also maid marian and her merry men, i loved that show as a kid and the scripts were good enough that most episodes could have been shown to an adult audience

9. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Dark Angel! I just love it!

And Sailor Moon is also good, would like to watch it again, esp the last season. (with Galaxia)

10. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    [image=http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lgpp30025.jpg]

Does that count as 'Sci-Fi'? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.