1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:WA TV Shows

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi Daniel, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    24 is heating up (I'd jump in now if you haven't seen this, although many of the surprises have been and gone).

Band of Brothers starts tomorrow, so I'll have to tape one and watch the other.
  2. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah I wish I could do that but my VCR is stuffed. I will watch 24 though and hopefully Band of Brothers is released on DVD or is repeated.
  3. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    I just heard (not sure if its true) that Farscape has been canned?
  4. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Where did you hear/read that SJ?
  5. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes it is true now SJ. It has been confirmed. Farscape has now been axed and it will not continue on after season 4. I'm very annoyed.

I've posted information on my Farscape website if people want to e-mail the company and tell them what you think about this action or there is a link to an online petition to save the show.
  7. Jarsis_Stole Jedi Knight

star 1
    I make a habit of watching Band of Brothers for the sole fact that its more or less
    Saving Private Ryan on a weekly basis.
    However not a violent and graphic as the film.

8. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I wish I could watch it :(
  9. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    I would.. but I think 24's on at the same time.. and thats a good program ;)
  10. Shaven_Wookie69 Jedi Knight

star 1
    hey
    Jarsis Stole

why would i be offended , Animal is my hero [face_clown]

back to hybernation mode

Yawn
  11. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I watch 24 instead as well but I can only watch 24 since I can't get the channel that Band of Brothers is on. Hopefully it's released on DVD or something.
  12. Jarsis_Stole Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wook I have a way of offending ppl and I dont mean to by not really what I say but how I say it.

Didn't know how you would take the comment.
  13. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Well you wouldn't believe what I found while channel surfing on FOXTEL, Blake's 7 on UKTV Channel. I know many of you have spoekn about this show and how good it is. It's very much like Dr Who in the way it's shot.
  14. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    What does everyone think about these rumours about a new Star Wars Cartoon being made called 'Clone Wars'?
  15. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    First I've heard of it :) Any more details JD?
  16. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Well apparently, LucasFilm is in talks with Cartoon Network to produce 50-60 episodes of a new Star Wars cartoon called 'Clone Wars'.

They are trying to make it go until the release of Episode 3 since the Clone Wars is happening in 'Real Time'. The Clone Wars is happening right now since Episode 3 takes place 3 years after Episode 2 and there is a 3 years wait between the movies. Anyway I hope you understand that.

Here is the press release from Aint It Cool News.com

"Hey folks, Harry here. Today I was contacted by a source inside the Cartoon Network that said it was about time I figured out they were doing something with Lucas and STAR WARS. It seems that they are in advance talks about it.
    The format will be serialized shorts to keep with the Star Wars Serial motif. These will not be half hour adventures, but more in the line of short films. These animated shorts will play inbetween two regular half hour cartoons in a fixed slot.
    Genndy Tartakovsky (SAMURAI JACK fame) will produce - and the early development designs have evidently been pretty close to SAMURAI JACK in style, thus far, but currently they are in the middle of a whole new set of designs, so my source at the Cartoon Network isn't sure exactly how it'll come out, just the path they've been on thus far".

What does everyone think about this?
  17. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I reckon they should have a shot at it. Id luv to see some more SW cartoons.
  18. The_3rd_Darklighter Jedi Knight

Does anyone else think Stargate SG-1 is treated really badly by channel 7?
    It seems like every second week it is taken off for some crappy special, like 'Great Summer Ideas" or tonights little effort, 'An evening with John Farnham'.
    Why does this always have to happen on a Thursday?
    And, does anyone of the age 16 - 25 remember watching a cartoon called Thundercats?
    I am trying to find some videos of it, because from what I remember it was really good.
  19. JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Yes i do think SG1 is treated unfairly by ch7.

i do remember that cartoon, the only place i think might be able to get it for you are these people.

Empire Memorabilla

any other suggestions, anyone?

20. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    I remember the Thundercats... even tho I'm somewhat outside that age bracket :p Try Jaguar Video and DVD, they have all sorts of unusual stuff pop up... like Dark Star on DVD.
  21. MariaLuna Jedi Knight

star 1
    If the Clone Wars will be produced by LucasFilm, does this mean that it is canon to the Star Wars films?
  22. JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    yeah kinda out of the age bracket *hands grizz his walking frame * :p

23. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    *makes mental note to kill the twi'lek next sunday* :p
  24. JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    nooooooooo! :_|

*hands over a bag of minties to the nice gm person* ;)
  25. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    T3D, I stuck my head in at Jaguar Video in Midvale today. Unfortunately Thundercats hasn't been released in Australia on either VHS or DVD. The guys there suggested trying overseas, either the US or UK. Otherwise try one of those travelling videos display stalls that frequent the shopping centres, they would have the contact details for who you can get order from thru the UK.

Failing that, you can get 10 DVDs worth of Thunderbirds stuff :) 8 volumes of 3 or 4 episodes and 2 films :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.