1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:WA TV Shows

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi Daniel, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Not sure if anyone knows this but Glenn Quinn, known for his role in ANGEL as Doyle, passed away on December 3rd of a possible drug overdose. He was 32.

Even though I only watched half of the first season of Angel and never watched Buffy before, this is quite a shock. Never thought he would go so soon.
  2. Cleopatra Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Wow! I watched angel and that comes a shock. he seemed like a guy that had it all.

He was killed off in the first series.
  3. MariaLuna Jedi Knight

star 1
    Glenn Quinn! Dead at 32! That's horrible. I used to be a huge Angel fan, I still have the episodes when he played Doyle.
  4. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    It appears that a spin-off show to Stargate SG-1 is in the works called Stargate: Atlantis. Click here for more information.
  5. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Anyone here a fan of Babylon 5?
  6. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey JD cheers for the head ups on the new Stargate's that are coming out. Sounds good, I didnt even know they were making another film of Stargate and so the seventh season could be the last ay wow. The atlantis one sounds alright, have to wait for more info before I make my mind up.
  7. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    We just started watching B5 on video. So far we've only watched the pilot movie and the first 4 episodes in the first season. Pretty good so far.
  8. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    No worries SC. I always check out new Stargate info on the .Net everynight. That's one of the best sites for Stargate news as well.

Yeah B5 is on Foxtel Soneil and I'm really enjoying, enjoying it so much that I'm thinking of getting the first season on DVD.
  9. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    Soniel, I have all of the B5 moofies on vhs.. If your want to watch them?
  10. StoneyMcStoner Jedi Youngling

I can't remember if this show has ever been mentioned on this thread, but has anyone here seen Lexx....... it has to be the funniest Sci-Fi show around.

The only problem is that I can't really describe it, it is one of those things you have to see to believe.
  11. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    I've seen bits of that on foxtel.... strange is one way to describe it.. unusual is another
  12. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah I've caught Lexx a few times on TV1 on FOXTEL. It's one of the strangest Sci-Fi shows out there and I can't stand it.
  13. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I wouldn't mind watching them SJ, but they'd have to be more than weekly loans. We move to Kalgoorlie next week and I'll only be in Perth during school holidays. :p I still need to get you Thumbwars too.
  14. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    I managed to get thumbwars from sk.. ta for bringing it to my attention.. its cool ;)

Yeah I dont mind lending it to ya for an extened period.. as long as they come back eventually. (unlike a ren & stimpy video i leant to a mate at tafe last year, then he quit the course and i didnt get it back :( )
  15. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll give you a call. I might be in your neighbourhood tomorrow.
  16. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Remakes of Mr. Ed, BeWitched and MacGyver are set to start production soon. I think it's safe so say Hollywood have run out of good ideas for TV shows if they have to go back and remake classic ones.
  17. monkey_abbot Jedi Knight

star 3
    anyone remember the sci-fi show Earth 2 (i tihnk thats wat its called)??

It was about these ppls, who crash landed on another planet, and stuff.

it was really cool :D
  18. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    I remember that show! They're present Earth was fallin apart so they designed this massive ship to transport everyone and then discovered and settled Earth 2.

I think from memory the first episode was about some alien beings that lived under neither the ground, I vaguely remember that part.
  19. monkey_abbot Jedi Knight

star 3
    i remember the episode when some dude was out in the desert, without water

and the aliens showed him how to get water from cactuses!
  20. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    YES YES YES exact same episode, those aliens went on for a few episodes as well I believe.
  21. monkey_abbot Jedi Knight

star 3
  22. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I just got word that a new series of Captain Scarlett (Created by Gerry Anderson, the same guy who did Thunderbirds) will be airing in 2005. The worse thing about this is that the show will be ALL CG :( I think that this is sacrilidge. They can't re-make a classic show and replace the marionettes with CG creations. It's lost it's charm then.
  23. Jarsis_Stole Jedi Knight

star 1
    On another chipper note, has "Charmed" reached all level of "Jez Were Run Outta Ideas, Let's Dress The Girls In Tighter Outfits" catergory

I subscribed to a pagan/magic egroups not long ago to have a question in the intro survey asking if "Charmed" was a good idea to promote witchcraft.

At first I put yes, but after seeing that craptacular super hero episode I went back and re answered "no!"

It doesnt even sustain "Perv Value" anymore.

*Shakes his head*

Jace
  24. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Charmed has really lost any appeal it once had.

Anyway, going back to the Stargate spin-offs, I watched an episode of the animated series. It's a real shame, since it doesn't really have any links at all to the movie or Sg1. I didn't like it at all because of this, but if you have never seen any of sg1 or the movie, the characters and settings aren't all that bad. Anyone here seen it? (Note: This was in England, so I'm not sure it's even out here yet).
  25. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Charmed was crap when it first started. I can't believe it's lasted this long yet great shows like Farscape get axed *shakes head*.

No the Stargate animated series isn't out here in Australia yet Kartanym but I have seen some episodes of it that a friend showed me and I agree it isn't the best. I will stick with the Stargate Movie and Stargate SG-1.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.