main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV SPOTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DukeNukem, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyelpenor

Tyelpenor Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2003
    Bashing bashers is getting as old as the bashers themselves. Because someone does not like something about SW or the PT it does NOT necessarily mean :

1) That they don't get it.
    2) They hate Star Wars.
    3) They hate Lucas.
    4) They jump on the bandwagon.
    5) They think that bashing SW is 'kewl' or whatever.
    6) They're trolling.

It may happen to actually not like it. The fact that many people do not like a certain aspect of the PT does not mean that they are jumping on the bandwagon. You have to let room for the possibility that a certain aspect is actually considered to be lame by a lot of people because for most / many people it IS lame (oh the shock :eek:). Bashing bashers and pretending to 'know better' or something is as arrogant as hell. So please keep your characterizations of people posting critical comments to yourselvs. Thank you.

P.S.: All the above does not apply for 3PO though... ;)

2. PADMELUVA

PADMELUVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    have you tried right clicking on the button?

3. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004

I dont think there is any way of saving it. Im on 56k too, so am in the same boat.

4. jengafett

jengafett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    That Yoda shot of the doors closing on him will quite possibly his last shot of the film where the escape pod doors close.

5. PADMELUVA

Nov 20, 2004
    ^^^^ ya thats what i was thinking....we wont be seeing him for 20+ years...its so sad...

6. Jackythehutt

Jackythehutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    yeah they were good but portmans little "anakin your breaking my heart" i'm sorry but that line sucked maybe if she were actually crying then acting like she was then i'd like but you know what i don't care that will probably be the last movie she's in that will make money, i can't wait to see anakin get his legs chopped off by obi that will be the best.

7. Galaxie_Star

Galaxie_Star Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2005
    I did try the right clicking... is it suppose to work???

8. PADMELUVA

Nov 20, 2004
    Jackythehutt

you can see tears in natalie's eyes...so she is on the verge of practicly breaking down. her voice sounded shakey and full of desperation...somethign id expect from someone in her position. NP did a good job here, she really did.

9. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    What is that strange blue stuff when they are surfing on lava?

10. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    What is that strange blue stuff when they are surfing on lava?

Proabably some kind of anti-grav field generated by the platform they're riding on.

11. Kotzenjunge

Kotzenjunge Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2005
    "Kotzenjunge , dont be a troll please :)"

What are you and the others talking about? Look, I'm foaming at the mouth to see this too, but it's breaking my heart in this case to see this film possibly brought down by contrived dialogue and poor acting by major characters. It's especially maddening when the story of the whole trilogy is so amazingly deep and vibrant. Far from trolling to hope for the best for the series of films I love more than any others. Thankfully Ewan, Samuel, Ian, and (to be honest, despite him not being a real person) Yoda look to be turning in awesome performances. Hayden looked like he'd hit his groove in this one, as his facials in the trailer and other teasers have been great, and the few lines we'd heard before these TV spots sounded great and as though he was not only realizing his Force potential, but that of his acting as well. Guess that's why they saved those for the adverts that are meant to draw non-superfans in. Obi-Wan is quickly proving to be the MVP of the whole saga in terms of performance and believeability, it seems.

For those who say the acting wasn't spectacular in the OT, you're perfectly right. Carrie and Harrison phoned ROTJ in, but Ian and Mark picked up the slack, as well as JEJ's voice acting. That's what makes ROTJ the weakest of the OT in objective film terms, but it's still great thanks to being only a partially-written Lucas project. Lucas puts together a positively awesome story for all the films, but the execution makes me want to strangle someone sometimes.

12. JediDugan

JediDugan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2001
    <<Lucas puts together a positively awesome story for all the films, but the execution makes me want to strangle someone sometimes>>

Okay, that doesn't make any sense.

These are GL's movies and he's executing them exactly the way he wants to. If you don't like it, that's fine, but you can't divorce the story from the execution here because GL is in charge of both!

13. Darth_Oracle

Darth_Oracle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    Has it been determined if it is indeed new music from E3 on the "Tragedy" spot?

14. chosenone68

chosenone68 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2004
    Lucas puts together a positively awesome story for all the films, but the execution makes me want to strangle someone sometimes

Ah, but you see it's a white house, not a green house. More importantly, it's George's white house. The great thing is, if you don't like it, you can always leave if you choose to. Me, I like George's white house.

15. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    Padme's "You're breaking my heart!" It's delivered well. I only laughed at it because of how cheesy it was. Anakin's deliveries are somewhat different than I expected, but I'll wait for the movie to judge. The tragedy spot... man that sent chills down my spine.

16. Azurebonds

Azurebonds Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2003
    The 'surfing scene' looked unfinished imho, at least i hope it was because the quality in no way matched that of the rest of the shots we've seen.

17. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Well those leave me wishing for a lot more :p

I really liked them!!

18. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    Padme's "breaking my heart" line is a bit cheesy, but the sadness of it overwhelms the cheese.

19. DARTH-NEEMA

DARTH-NEEMA Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2005
    Why do u think Anikan was telling "No!" for?

20. PADMELUVA

Nov 20, 2004
    he wasnt telling obi wan, he was just yelling, but it is directed at mace, as he is about to kill palpatine.

21. Evil-Yoda

Evil-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Yeah, Padmes line does sounds a little cheesy and forced at the same time.

My only gripe with the trailer and probably for the film is the 'Lava Surfing'...

22. DARTH-NEEMA

DARTH-NEEMA Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2005
    Yea that looks cool

23. woodlebert1

woodlebert1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2005
    i have a problem.....

i download them;
    (right click save target as. right...?)
    then when i play them they only play to about halfway throo.

C3PO saying "oh dear"
    and
    Chewie (or a wookie) screaming wailing woteva....
    then the picture freezes and a loud buzz is heard

:S can any1 help?

24. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    I've had the same sort of problems.

25. Jackythehutt

Jackythehutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    well Padmeluva i just don't think she did a good job but thats just me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.