main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV SPOTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DukeNukem, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ome

ome Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 2004
    the "tragedy" one was excellent...i liked the "no"...i can't believe they actually showed it... :D

unleashed was excllent too...simply stunning... :D

2. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    the "tragedy" one was excellent...i liked the "no"...i can't believe they actually showed it...

The thing I can't figure out about that is, there's that shot from the Birth of Darth Vader segment on the OT DVDs, and they show Anakin swinging a saber with no rod, so he's probably igniting it, then swinging. And I thought that had to be the swipe at Mace. It's definately form the Mace confrontation because you can tell it's from the same scene where Anakin is also shown witnessing the Force lightning. But the shot at the end of Tragedy is totally different. Anybody know the swipe I'm talking about from the OT DVDs?

3. TheSith14

TheSith14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Or he ignites it when Palpatine tells that he is Darth Sidious.

4. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

i loved the two TV Spots....the "Dark Side Unleashed" one was the best IMO.

5. Obi-Wan2001

Sep 6, 2001
    Yeah, but they show him take a huge swing there. He doesn't swing his saber at Palpatine, does he?

6. TheSith14

Jan 6, 2005
    He maybe swings in front of him only. not attacking Sidious

7. JediDugan

JediDugan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2001
    Wow. All three spots were off the hook! Bravo Lucas, bravo.

As far as the acting goes, what we've heard and seen so far is about as good as your going to find in a Star Wars movie (or any fantasy/sci-fi movie for that matter). One of Natalie's strength's as an actress is her ability to convey raw emotion. She's really good at crying and making you feel sad for her (see "Garden State" or "Where the Heart Is"). "You're breaking my heart" isn't cheezy or stupid at all. It's exactly the kind of thing a caring, sweet person would say to someone who's ruining their life.

Hayden is in top form and his delivery of "The Jedi turned against me" is exactly how you'd expect Vader to deliver that line, intensely but with calm. This isn't "wooden" acting it's intense, purposeful elegant delivery.

Anyway, I'm tired about hearing how the acting is weak. No other movies have individual lines so scruntinized as Star Wars films. NONE.

The acting is on par with anything in LOTR or The Matrix or any of the other current epics and the love story and emotion are on par with those movies as well.

At any rate, It's going to be an exciting 6 weeks.

8. CaptainNick

CaptainNick Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2005
    I once thought the "You were the chosen one!" line was the best delivery so far, but now Padme's "You're breaking my heart" is clearly the best. That was the first line to really move me.

BTW, what's the deal with that floating platform that Anakin and Obi-Wan are fighting on. It didn't look that well done to me.

9. omar_r786

omar_r786 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    The "Anakin, you're breaking my heart!" seemed a bit forced.

10. Jediknight_Wendy

Jediknight_Wendy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005
    i got teary eyed from the ''You're breaking my heart''

11. omar_r786

omar_r786 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    I don't think I'd ever cry during a movie, especially Star Wars. [face_plain]

12. Crimson_Jedi

Crimson_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    The TV Spots were cool! Yoda rocks! Anakin is so intense!

The music editing, though, was a bit choppy at the moment when Sidious flashes his lightsaber. As for the wooden/intense acting debate, I expect acting on the same level as AOTC, for what it's worth. If you liked the acting in AOTC, as I did, then you'll probably be satisfied. Anyway, those on either side of the debate don't have enough of a sample to truly judge the wooden/intense issue.

13. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    The "Anakin, you're breaking my heart!" seemed a bit forced.

I was definitely touched/moved by the dialogue, the delivery and the performance.

14. TheSith14

Jan 6, 2005
    The "Anakin youre braking my heart!" was exellent!! Couldnt be delieverd better :D

15. Obi-Wan2001

Sep 6, 2001
    Yeah, look closely at her eyes and face. Natalie is excellent there.

16. darth_joaquinn

darth_joaquinn Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 9, 2004
    guys i have got a question for you how to a transfer a quicktime file to a media player file

17. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    the shot of yoda in the second teaser looked terrible.

18. Ultimate

Ultimate Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 14, 2000
    Is it me or war the "Yes Master" different from the original "Hayden voice modulated" Teaser version. Are we perhaps hearing JEJ in this one?

19. TheSith14

Jan 6, 2005
    I think he sounded different because there was no music when he said it in the spot but in the teaser there were music at that part.

20. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    Some of you need to seriously calm down.

21. THX-1138_biggs

THX-1138_biggs Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2003
    WoW! Holy MoMa!!

That was cool! I've only seen the "tragedy" TV spot and the music is a totatly NEW John Williams score! I love it!

"Noooo!" -- Anakin :eek: :cool:

22. Kotzenjunge

Kotzenjunge Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2005
    That lava surfing looked retarded. Like, both in concept and in execution. There had better be a good reason for them to even be in such a position, otherwise it looks incredibly dumb on its own.

The more dialogue I'm hearing from the usual underperforming suspects, the less certain I'm feeling about this film. Georgie boy, you're an imaginative dynamo and all that, but directing is just not your thing. Neither's writing a script all by yourself, really.

Poor, poor prequels. Even the foolproof one might still be ruined by a tremendous story burdened with awful writing and afterthought direction.

23. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Some of you need to seriously calm down.

Let's see:

There's less than two months until the next/last STAR WARS movie.

There's less than a month until the next STAR WARS CELEBRATION.

On the first of April of this year, three Television Spots for the new/last STAR WARS movie were presented on STARWARS.COM where it was also anounced these spots are scheduled to appear on TV starting this weekend.

On this date at 12:01am, the merchandise for the new/last STAR WARS movie became available for purchase.

STAR WARS is everywhere.

My excitement, enthusiasm and fun are appropriate. :cool:

24. Mr_Burns

Mr_Burns Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 12, 2001
    Fear of loss is a path to the dork side?

25. Anakin-Fan

Anakin-Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2004
    Kotzenjunge , dont be a troll please :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.