main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV SPOTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DukeNukem, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Night_Sky

Night_Sky Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2003
    :cool:

In "Unleashed" Obi-Wan's hair finally looks a little messed up and sweaty during the duel. :p

I can't wait to see Natalie and Ewan's scenes together. They will be so :_|

2. darth_joaquinn

darth_joaquinn Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 9, 2004
    guys im downloading it now but can some one give us a decription of the spots thanks

3. Greymarch10

Greymarch10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2003
    I think Episode 3 will be the best of the prequels, but....

I have seen the 16 ROTS clips from the Trivial Pursuit DVD, the 3 official trailers, these three TV commercials, and I must say in all honesty that the acting in ROTS looks horrendous.

Padme's declaration of "you are breaking my heart" is poorly delivered, and extremely contrived. IMO, that's just not how a person would behave in such a situation.

Hayden is delivering his lines precisely how he delivered them in AOTC.

Episode 3 will be better than Ep 1 and 2, because of the amazing amount of lightsaber combat, and the general dynamics inherent in this film (Jedi dying, Republic crumbling...more action creates more tension.) But, if we are hoping for acting that is on par with Episodes 4 through 6, each of us needs to lower our expectations. Its not going to happen.

4. Tyelpenor

Tyelpenor Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2003
    Man that Lava surfing sure did suck. A LOT! It sucked more than the swinging cable thing in the trailer. I hope that The Duel isn't like the droid factory scene in AOTC which was arguably the lamest part of the whole movie both conceptualy and in execution...

I am a little worried...

5. TheSith14

TheSith14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    I think the droid factory part was one of the best parts of AOTC, Not worried at all :)

6. General_Banious

General_Banious Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2004
    Padme's declaration of "you are breaking my heart" is poorly delivered, and extremely contrived. IMO, that's just not how a person would behave in such a situation.

I suppose it is a joke, right? Or you really don´t know nothing about acting

7. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    As usual Ian McDiarmid's delivery leaves me loathing and loving him in equal measures. He sounds so sincere- "They don't trust you Anakin" (as in 'but i do! :p). Sly old fox. :)

8. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    I really wouldn't consider the acting in the Original Trilogy to be brilliant. It's better than the acting in the prequels, to be sure; but, especially in Return of the Jedi, it is most definitely not brilliant.

And besides, cheesy dialogue can detract from an acting performance. Star Wars is cheesy, people: get used to it. It is also primarily a visual tale, on which dialogue floats like a raft and is not as essential as music and visuals.

Star Wars is also quite perfect. :)

9. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Ah great stuff. I love the tragedy one. :D

10. THX-1138_biggs

THX-1138_biggs Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2003
    Kotzenjunge = Another grumpy fan that cannot be pleased. :rolleyes:

Oh and hey Greymarch10, did you just copy and paste your reply from page 7 of this thread???
    http://boards.theforce.net/Revenge_of_the_Sith_(Spoilers_Allowed)/b10331/19025566/p7

I guess you like spreading the word everywhere that you hate this movie already. :rolleyes:

Oh and everyone needs stop worrying about the DUEL. Jesus Christ people. Sorry, it's just I hate bashers. Why do you guys hang out here anyways...??

11. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    the 3 official trailers

Say what? Where is the third???

And Natalie pulled the line perfectly.

12. Womprat62

Womprat62 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2005
    i was wondering about the 3rd OFFICIAL trailer too... can anyone explain?

13. TheSith14

TheSith14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    He probably mean the hidden trailer.

14. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Natalie was great when she said that line. Really great. I sense a new Padme banner coming up. She sounded so sad. So heartbroken.:_|

I can't believe people are complaining about the way she delivered it....

Then again! [face_laugh]

15. Guybrush

Guybrush Jedi Master star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    The Lava surfing looked very fake. I hope they have time to work on that piece but I'm afraid that scene is already locked. It doesn't look good enough to put in the film.

Other then that, everything looks great. I thought Portman's lines were great in the t.v. spots.

16. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    How much of the lava surfing did we actually see? About one second? Maybe two? You can't make a judgement on how things look, based on one or two second of a TV commercial, downloaded via the internet.

17. Darkfalz

Darkfalz Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2003
    Emotional acting is easy. Subtle, natural acting is the difficult part for most young actors.

ANYONE can act sad or pissed off. But just standing there having a natural sounding conversation with another actor takes talent.

They're still wooden, there will hopefully just be less plain moments for them to ruin in this film.

18. Master_Gallia

Master_Gallia Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    ANYONE can act sad or pissed off. But just standing there having a natural sounding conversation with another actor takes talent.

They're still wooden, there will hopefully just be less plain moments for them to ruin in this film.

That doesn't make any since.

19. --OWNED--

--OWNED-- Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    I see the acting by Portman and Christensen hasn't improved in the last 3 years! Still, you can't blame the poor loves when they are given that kind of dialogue. Even the utterly fabulous Iain McD struggles to make it sound fluid and nat-u-ral.

"You're breaking my heart"? If only you knew George..if only you knew.

Still, we have lots and lots of action to look forward to.

20. Guybrush

Guybrush Jedi Master star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    you can tell a lot by what you see. The lava surfing didn't feel right, doesn't look natural. It's not going to look better with more time on the screeen.

It looks like the actors are cut and pasted onto the screen. The shot so far looks as bad as when Anakin was riding that animal why courting Padme.

As far as the acting..... it looks good to me, I have no complaints.

21. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Can you get tragedy on Quicktime? How many spots will there be?

22. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2002
    I wasn't keen on !the Jedi turned against me" line. Hayden always tightens his mouth up like that. Reminds me of the "please tell me." from AOTC. Loosen it up !

Padme should've been made to look more, not pathetic, but vulnerable standing alone like she is so you feel like saying "give her a hug damn it !" She's in love with you comfort her !

I like the ! "NOOOOOO !" that was powerful

23. wookie012

wookie012 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    I loved those tv spots firstly the unleashed teaser because it had an extra shot of hayden leading the clone army. Also the fact the empire music was playing with it made the scenes more powerful.
    The tradegy trailer because of natalie portmans line "your breaking my heart".
    I really felt for her in that scene like that she can't get through to anakin any more. Their communication has broken down and he now fears she has turned against him.
    My heart melted when she cried , my eyes watered to .
    Lovely.

24. Mike-D

Mike-D Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    yeah the lava surfing looks so ****. Hope it doesnt ruin up the end of the movie. In AOTC yoda ruined it for me with the flipping and jumping around ****. Just looks so stupid.

25. Darth_Mysterious

Darth_Mysterious Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    I agree looked dodgy on my computer screen, but in six weeks time on a cinema screen it may look a hell of a lot better.
    Some people may as well not bother posting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.