main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV SPOTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DukeNukem, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaachi

Chaachi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2004
    Basher's are idiot's they have no clue.Go watch the repetitive battles of Lord Of The Ring's and shut it.

2. skywalkingjedi

skywalkingjedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2005
    Im not gonna bash it. In tragedy, when yoda and anakin are talking about loss, anakin's face looks very close to his face in the ROTS official poster. Same lighting and all. Great stuff.

3. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Loved 'Tragedy', but some of the lines were a bit 'cheezy'. Midnight Madness was awasome, $300 spent on boxes of figures...

4. Chaachi

Chaachi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2004
    300$ your frokin nuts?

5. _Equilibrium_

_Equilibrium_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2004
    Chaachi

Star Wars = Nutty Fan's

6. the-siths-revenge

the-siths-revenge Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2005
    I'll admit it I got tears in my on when padme said that this movie is gonna rock out loud this is a great time to be a star wars geek

7. chosenone68

chosenone68 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2004
    Episode 3 will be better than Ep 1 and 2, because of the amazing amount of lightsaber combat, and the general dynamics inherent in this film (Jedi dying, Republic crumbling...more action creates more tension.) But, if we are hoping for acting that is on par with Episodes 4 through 6, each of us needs to lower our expectations. Its not going to happen.

Why,yes, yes. You are absoloutely right. The acting will never be as good as the OT, right?

Wrong!

The line delivery between Hayden and Natalie was perfect. And the dialogue-very well written, George. The duel footage is looking better and better. Also, the lighting in the scene between Yoda and Anakin was fabulous. My excitement for this film just increased 100%.

8. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    I loved the "Tragedy" tv spot! That had me in tears! :_| I think I watched it 10 times in the last couple of hours. I don't know how I'm gonna sit through the whole movie when May 19 rolls around.

9. Guybrush

Guybrush Jedi Master star 3

Oct 18, 2001
    "Basher's are idiot's they have no clue.Go watch the repetitive battles of Lord Of The Ring's and shut it."

Didn't you just become a basher with that comment?

Anyway...I do feel ROTS will have the same look and feel as AOTC. If you didn't like that movie, you won't like this one.

ROTS will be better, it has the resolution of the prequel trilogy...but it will have the same look.

10. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Just watched it again. Still awesome! [face_dancing]

11. Jamfocus

Jamfocus Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2004
    I think it be a lot better if people would give constructive critisism that we can discuss instead of the bashing going on by some users.

Anyway, Tradgedy was great.

The Nooooo line reminded me of Luke and Padme sounded really good too.

Do we have any idea if these are all finished shots? WIll any shots still be worked on?

12. chosenone68

chosenone68 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2004
    I can't believe the negative stuff hitting the boards over this commercial. I was hoping that with the arrival of ROTS, the bahser wars would end-So much for that. Seems this movie is going to be even more attacked than AOTC and even TPM has been.

Well, G-FETT, i refuse to let the negativity dampen my enthusiasim for this film. You get the feeling that, no matter what film Lucas made, some people had their mind made up well in advance that they were going to bash the film. It's too bad, but I think their negativity will only ruin their own experience. I certainly won't allow it to ruin mine.

13. Tabula Rasa

Jul 8, 1998
    Don't let the bashers get to you folks. Have pitty towards them, rather than anger.

14. Chron_Solo

Chron_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2005
    I my last post, in the other thread, I didn't mean the acting was very bad, actually and I should have edited. The delivery of a few lines seemed a bit mellodramatic. Who cares, though? The visuals, sound, music are great.

EDIT : If you string these together, you have the best trailer yet. It's surprising to me that the commercials beat the trailer (IMO). These actually hit me. The theatrical trailer didn't.

15. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    My hell...that second one has some of the best music in the world! I am shocked and amazed.

16. Darthvader4662

Darthvader4662 Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2005
    Dont give into the Hate of bashers....that leads to the Darkside! Believe me this will be the most emotional of all the Star wars movies and I was there in 1977 to see New Hope 17 times, I will see ROTS as many times!! George Thanks !

17. TheSith14

TheSith14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Yeah i loved the music too! I hope thats the main theme in ROTS!!

18. Chron_Solo

Chron_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2005
    Dooku/Kenobi/Skywalker, reminds me of Maul/Kenobi/Jinn.

I love the camera pan right, as they back him up shot.

19. DarthDco

DarthDco Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2005
    Great TV spots, awesome music and action.
    Though im not to sure of the fighting on the lava platform.... will give it a chance though.

Oh yeah and:

People who take it far to seriously + Worry to much + Have to much spare time= Bashers

20. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Totally amazing. Natalie is gonna hold this whole movie together. When she dies I'm going to want to jump through the screen and choke the little bastard myself.

21. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    I think there's a good chance that it could be the "Battle of the Heroes music". It would fit perfectly with the intercutting between Yoda/Sidious and Obi-wan/Vader.

I think we're overlooking the best line in the whole "Tragedy" spot: "Something's happening. I'm not the Jedi I should be." Anakin can feel the darkness growing. He can knows that his abilities should qualify him for greatness but the darkness restrains him from achieving the Jedi status he so desperately wants to achieve. His doubt and fear will help him on the path to the darkside.

I loved this line and the entire tv spot.=D=

22. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    But, if we are hoping for acting that is on par with Episodes 4 through 6, each of us needs to lower our expectations. Its not going to happen.

I will continue to have the highest expectations/standards for STAR WARS and I will continue to be rewarded. :cool:

I can't believe the negative stuff hitting the boards over this commercial. I was hoping that with the arrival of ROTS, the bahser wars would end-So much for that. Seems this movie is going to be even more attacked than AOTC and even TPM has been.

G-FETT, that problem is for those who bash. I absolutely am not influenced/challenged/intimidated/impressed by it. It has absolutely nothing to do with the STAR WARS fan that I am and absolutely nothing to do with my enjoyment of/enthusiasm for STAR WARS. :cool:

Absolutely great Televison Spots. =D=

23. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    i liked the "don't you turn against me" line cool tv spot

24. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    battlewars posted on 4/2/05 10:10am
    i liked the "don't you turn against me" line cool tv spot
    [hr][/blockquote] It is pretty sweet.

25. Tabula Rasa

Jul 8, 1998
    Yeah, I love the delivery of that line. The shot is amazing too, the image is so clear and real.

The music in the backround of the spot makes the whole thing work. I hope it's a key theme for the movie. Very powerful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.