main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV SPOTS

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DukeNukem, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chosenone68

chosenone68 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2004
    In the "Dark Side Unleashed" Ad, the first shot of Anakin leading the clones to the Jedi Temple is simply amazing. With the shimmering cityscape in the background, it's such a beautiful shot.

2. anakinsreturn

anakinsreturn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2002
    Anakin:The Jedi turned against me ,dont you turn against me.

Padme:Anakin You're breaking my heart.

Almost brings a tear to my eye.I mean is this movie going to be great or what.

3. Sevv

Sevv Jedi Master star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Those are superb!!! Tradegy is definatly the best. The 'Noooo' and 'Dont you turn against me aswell' are really well delivered. Hayden is doing a fantastic job.

I think my favourite shot is when we see Palpatine from behind lifting his arms up... marvelous, Its like your all mine!

Hopefully we'll get alot more of these.

4. Aquila_Skywalker

Aquila_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2004
    What are you talking about?!?! I'm not a basher at all but those bits of acting were cringeworthy. I really hope they're better in the context of the film.

5. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    That whole scene with Anakin and Yoda is awesome.

6. sal9161

sal9161 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2004
    chosenone68 And if I'm not mistakin he is digital in that shot it was in one of the post notes

here it is: in one shot turned over today of Anakin leading a phalanx of clone troopers, the Chosen One will be likely be CG.
    he's less than ten percent of the screen's height

7. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    The Anakin and Padme scene in the TRAGEDY TV Ad is amazing.

Anakin's anger and rage is obvious and zimmering. It can be detected even after he has said his lines. Amazing and scary.

Padme's broken heart is real. Her fear, her pain, her broken heart. It breaks my heart to see and hear her like that.

Simply and absolutely amazing. :_| =D=

8. JediDugan

JediDugan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2001
    Who are you people?

I saw nothing wrong with the delivery in any of the TV spots! This is an operatic, serial-style space opera not a Bergman film.

I disagree that "extreme" emotions are easier for actors to convey. Nothing could be further from the truth. Watching someone pretend to be sad or angry and do a horrid job of it is far more painful than watching someone flounder through an exposition scene. Obviously you know nothing about acting.

I've seen nothing more forced in this movie than say Frodo and Sam's emotional scenes, for all of you hobbit kissers.

9. EvilSkillZ

EvilSkillZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Yeah I agree. Its like more popular to pick on Lucas's writing. I don't know why, but for some reason everyone has gotten on the bandwagon. We love Star Wars and cornyness is part of what we love...

For some reason people think the Dialogue in the OT was perfect and not corny at all. Have you guys watched these movies? It has always been very similar. Yes you can complain with how the characters interact with each other, but the dialogue isn't really the problem. And I think this movie will have better emotion and better performances from the actors involved. We have nothing to worry about.

10. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    maybe the ot was a more clear cut space opera thing while the pt was more dense in character motivation and in plot. maybe thats why the dialogue sticks out more and seems cornier although i don't mind it

11. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    If you heard:

"You're breaking my heart."

In any movie, other than Star Wars, people wouldn 't say anything. People go into these movies looking to pick holes in the dialouge, and it's got to the point that even when there is a perfectly straightforward line, people somehow feel it's a case of poor writing.

12. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    G-FETT =D==D==D=

I completely agree G-FETT people are getting a little carried away I say to all those people bashing the acting to go and watch the OT and watch the acting very carefully.

13. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    One of the major problems is that the scenes are not in context. How can we judge whether the acting, delivery, or propriety of the lines until we hear them in total context? We're being a little too hasty here, methinks.
    :)

14. Luke_Landwalker

Luke_Landwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    Sit back and enjoy the movie for what it is. Not for what it's not.

15. Master_Gallia

Master_Gallia Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    For some reason people think the Dialogue in the OT was perfect and not corny at all. Have you guys watched these movies? It has always been very similar.

"You can write this stuff George, but you cant say it" Carrie Fisher

"Who talks like this?" Mark Hamil (Empire of Dreams)

The writing for the PT is no where near as bad as some people want it to be. But instead of enjoying what's on the screen, some old fans want to be unpaid consultants with the final say.

16. Boromir_the_Bold

Boromir_the_Bold Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2003
  17. PADMELUVA

PADMELUVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I think my favourite shot is when we see Palpatine from behind lifting his arms up... marvelous, Its like your all mine!

palps is probably saying...

"you...like the senators before you, are now....MIIINNEEE!"

natalie did an excellent job btw

18. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    yeah the ot was corny but you didn't notice as much because the story moved so fast and the characters reacted more than having alot of in depth discussions like in the pt. im not knocking the pt just trying to see why people have these feelings about it

19. Pizza-the-Hutt

Pizza-the-Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2002
    [face_coffee] [face_pumpkin] ]-} :-B [face_flag] [face_chicken] [face_good_luck]

Just thought I'd join in with Boromir_the_Bold.

20. Jamfocus

Jamfocus Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2004
    The Yoda/Anakin scene was very good.

Yoda looks very good.

21. TheSith14

TheSith14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    I think he says " I am the SENATE"

22. JediMaster77

JediMaster77 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    I agree. Natalie did an awesome job. "Anakin you're breaking my heart." was pulled off perfectly. You can feel the despair and loss for words in her voice and it seems so innocent and sad. I can tell she is putting her all into ROTS. It almost made me break out in tears when i first heard it.

Yoda's line was also very well said. I can't wait for this movie, the TV spots just make it more exciting.

23. JDN21

JDN21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2004

The 'Dark side unleashed' clip is crackin, certainly my favourite.

A fully functional Darth Vader, sans suit leading a battalion of troopers into the temple to kick ass, all to the sounds of the Death March! What more do you want?!

----

With regards to the Suited Vader voice in 'teaser', I read earlier that this is HC's voice modified. Do we expect that method to be the norm for all suited Vader dialogue in ROTS? Im sure JEJ is signed up for it!

24. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    I believe Anakin's hair was very well done in the tradgedy teaser (on mustafar). You could see it reacting to the environment around him and it looks just as dangerous and wild as he is in that moment. =D= And if you don't agree with me I'll cry for weeks.

People who don't like what I like deserve to die.

25. Galaxie_Star

Galaxie_Star Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2005
    Hi, I don't know if it's alright to ask this , I'll edit if not, but I have a 56 k so I don't want to download it everytime I want to see it , is there a way to save it in my harddrive?? thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.